SiouxSports.com Forum

How to get a goalie hot 101?

yababy8

Haha beat me to it, just saw that he had a 59 save shutout and thought back to this thread.

Yup, great college goalie. A damn good NHL goalie too it appears...

I'd say the Oilers got a nice upgrade by getting rid of Dubnyk and getting Scrivens.

Haha beat me to it, just saw that he had a 59 save shutout and thought back to this thread.

Yup, great college goalie. A damn good NHL goalie too it appears...

59 saves is a good couple nights work.

Not sure if you're being tough on Scrivens or not, but it did take guys like Jimmy Howard and Ben Bishop a few years to develop into quality NHL goaltenders after they left the college scene.

Was I being tough on him? No, the guy almost made history a few nights ago. I simply thought it was great timing as a few weeks ago there was a discussion on him in this thread. Look a few pages back and you'll understand why I posted this.

Was I being tough on him? No, the guy almost made history a few nights ago. I simply thought it was great timing as a few weeks ago there was a discussion on him in this thread. Look a few pages back and you'll understand why I posted this.

You're right, it is funny once you look back. This whole thread started to be about him and then he records a 59 save shut-out win almost immediately afterward. That's funny.

Brittain is a solid goalie playing on a team that defends well in prime scoring areas. His play is not nearly as strong as Scrivens' college performance. Never mind his recent record-setting performance, Scrivens worked hard to keep improving with the Marlies in the AHL before getting an opportunity in the NHL. He played well for Toronto last year and LA this year before getting traded to Edmonton. Brittain may develop in to an NHL calibre goaltender one day but he has a long way to go.