SiouxSports.com Forum

How to get a goalie hot 101?

yababy8

That "great goalie" is starting for the Edmonton Oilers. Obviously the games we played against him were not an aberration.

And neither was his game vs the Wild earlier this week. He only walks on water for some of you because it's frozen.

He is good. Great...eh.

And neither was his game vs the Wild earlier this week. He only walks on water for some of you because it's frozen.

He is good. Great...eh.

Any college goalie that becomes a starting NHL goalie is most likely a "great" college goalie. Who is the last UND goalie to get an NHL start? Let's look at his numbers for Cornell: roughly a 1.90 GAA and .932 save % over 3 years. Those numbers look pretty "great" to me. Maybe he didn't just close his eyes and happen to save shots, huh? UND would kill for a goalie with those numbers over 3 years but maybe you know something I don't.

Any college goalie that becomes a starting NHL goalie is most likely a "great" college goalie. Who is the last UND goalie to get an NHL start? Let's look at his numbers for Cornell: roughly a 1.90 GAA and .932 save % over 3 years. Those numbers look pretty "great" to me. Maybe he didn't just close his eyes and happen to save shots, huh? UND would kill for a goalie with those numbers over 3 years but maybe you know something I don't.

Belfour?

He is good. Great...eh.

That's funny you are trying to knock an NHL goalie who is currently a starter. How many UND goalies have been an NHL starter....recently?

That's funny you are trying to knock an NHL goalie who is currently a starter. How many UND goalies have been an NHL starter....recently?

Knocking him? No. His last name isn't Miller or Quick though.

He was a very good college goalie. He will be a decent NHL one.

I guess my main point was that Scrivens isn't a "hot goalie" excuse as referred to earlier. He was a great college goalie (you can split hairs on defining him "great" but his numbers suggest otherwise)

Ok...I'll give in.

Goodness............

"Scrivens was robbed!!!" (But not as bad a Panzer)

hockeydb.com has him never having played in the NHL. Have any goalies but Belfour and Casey ever played in the NHL? I can't find any.

1985-86 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 29 1 2 1436 88 0 2 3.68 15 9 1 668 0.884 - -

-

Not sure why hockeydb didn't drop his cumulative stats down like they usually do? I am a Flyers fan so that is how I was pretty positive that Jensen had some NHL experience. Unforutnately his being called into action that year was due to the untimely traffic accident of Pelle Lindbergh.

Not going to take the time to find this but I bet over the last 5-6 years the # of 35+ saves and 1 or 0 goals allowed games by an opponent's goalie has to total 5 or 6 for every one UND has had.

Now Brittain is an example to add to the equation...........

common trend over the last few seasons is on the road get a big win on friday and then run into the hot goalie on saturday.

It's tough to sweep on the road, but at least they're giving themselves opportunities for sweeps by coming out hard on Fridays. I'd rather have the pattern of playing hard in game 1 when it comes to single-elimination time.