SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Pairwise rankings

jimdahl

I know most have said we need to win tomorrow to have a chance but there must be some scenarios where the Sioux can get in with a tie. Messing with pairwise predictor this is a scenario where the Sioux get in with a tie.

Robert Morris wins Atlantic

Wisconsin wins B1G

Colgate wins ECAC

Lowell wins Hockey East

Denver wins NCHC

Sioux tie

Ferris wins WCHA

EDIT: Looking at it closer the Tie didn't save and had changed back to a win. It seems the best a tie will do for us is put us tied with Michigan for the last spot but looks like they win the tiebreaker.

Are you looking at the tie scenario because that's the best we can hope for when we don't score any goals? ;)

Yeah I edited my post and just realized I hadn't saved the results and USCHO had changed the Sioux game back to a win instead of a tie.

Okay, that makes sense. When I went in right after the game, I entered all of the higher seeds as winning and it resulted in us at 15 but when I did it again after reading your post it had us at 14. I'm not sure what happened but at least we still have a chance. And who knows, maybe all of the other teams will decide to not show up like we did tonight and a miracle will happen for us.

Well, scenarios I've played with suggest it really comes down to UW and UMass-Lowell taking care of business against OSU and UNH respectively. If UND wins we look destine to finish 14 in PWR, which only can accommodate 2 auto-bids from outside the at-large group. Those 2 are already accounted for with Miami and whoever wins the AHA final. As luck would have it, because of outcomes today, Colgate and Mankato are destine to finish above us regardless so the WCHA and ECAC finals seem moot. I don't think there's a scenario that pushes Mankato below us but I've seen us tied with them at 13 and losing out on tie-breaker. The old WCHA Final Five has shown it to be a very difficult thing to win 3 games in 3 days to win the title and I think UW will handle OSU. UML looked real good today and possesses an outstanding goalie so I like there chances too, but one never knows. More than anything, UND themselves need to get the job done, and then we can watch the rest unfold during the evening.

Fight on SIOUX!

This gets us in at 13.

Your Picks

Atlantic Hockey

• Championship game: Canisius defeats Robert Morris

Big Ten
    • Championship game: Ohio State defeats Wisconsin

ECAC
      • Championship game: Union defeats Colgate

Hockey East

• Championship game: Massachusetts-Lowell defeats New Hampshire

NCHC

[*]Consolation game: North Dakota defeats Western Michigan

[*]Championship game: Miami defeats Denver

WCHA

[*]Championship game: Ferris State defeats Minnesota State

The Wisconsin/Ohio State game sways Minn-States RPI enough to drop them below us. Miami has to beat Denver as if Denver wins, it lowers our RPI and swings it back the other direction.

This gets us in at 13.

The Wisconsin/Ohio State game sways Minn-States RPI enough to drop them below us. Miami has to beat Denver as if Denver wins, it lowers our RPI and swings it back the other direction.

Yeah, that's a lot to hope for...

This gets us in at 13.

Ah, well done. So there are at least a couple of possibilities. I just really hope UND can get the job done themselves. If they don't make it into the tourney it'd be considerably easier to take knowing they at least took care of their own business but other things didn't fall into place.

The fact we NEED help to get in IF we win says volumes about this season...from coaches to players.

So sick of this crap..................

And IF we do sneak in our reward is to be shipped east to play BC or Union? One and done.

Our only hope if we get in...wait for it...the Gophs at the X. Rivalry with good fan support.

We need the wheel to come up 3 cherries today. Of the 3...our game is my biggest concern then UNH game. They are hot.

Place your bets people. 8-1 odds are set for a row of cherries.

The slow start thing is finally coming home to roost.

The "go conservative" with a lead thing is finally coming home to roost.

The lack of offensive creativity must be fixed.

The concept one hears from Hak annually of "building" on each game in the first half of the season doesn't get you anywhere is you piss wins away.

What if...

The reality of it all is that for the past 13 yrs since our last championship, the mantra for the Sioux had been mostly kicking ass and taking names. When the regular season was completed, the teams for the most part were well placed in the pairwise and touted as one of the teams that would advance and have a pretty decent chance of adding another championship banner to the rafters. The past few yrs have slowly deviated to the negative in that our team has lost its identity. We no longer put a product out on the ice that can dominate. The politically correct, NCAA, Pig10, and the rule changes to a more pussified game have ensured that.

Now, we have a chance (a small chance) to make the final 16 thru the back door per se. It won't look pretty but maybe the means will justify the ends. Maybe in the grand scheme of things this might be the route to our "rink of dreams". It would sure make for great print. Oh well...What if...

My runs seem to agree with what others have found in the thread. UND is in with:

UND win, UML win

and either (UW win) or (Canisius win, Miami win, Ferris St win)

Now that we're down to the end, time for a reminder that you should have a little less faith than usual in these predictions this year.

The selection process changed this year, and while the big guys all agree on a new PWR implementation, there's a noticeably larger than usual chance that something comes out of the committee other than what we expect.

UMass-Lowell controls our fate.

<facepalm>

Agree...I like their chances over UNH as much as I like UND's today. :(

BTW.......got tee times starting Wednesday in PHX for a few days if anyone is interested. Just saying.................

The slow start thing is finally coming home to roost.

The "go conservative" with a lead thing is finally coming home to roost.

The lack of offensive creativity must be fixed.

............it's simple...they have no shooters....no snipers...do they practice shooting the puck accurately on net??...doesn't look like it...Just one Mark Taylor or Ryan Duncan would do wonders...they've got nobody..

............it's simple...they have no shooters....no snipers...do they practice shooting the puck accurately on net??...doesn't look like it...Just one Mark Taylor or Ryan Duncan would do wonders...they've got nobody..

Brock Nelson would have been a senior.? That would have worked...