SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. CC - Friday

AZSIOUX

I think it is accurate and on point. We need play for 60 minutes and not stand around, have our goalie concentrate all game, and have a much better power play to go anywhere this season. We looked good for some of the game, but the tendency of this team to take time off as a group drives me nuts. Also - is it asking too much for a team that has what - 16 draft choices - to run an adaquate power play with some time in the zone with the puck, some shots on goal, and some puck movement?

14 draft choices... when have you seen this team not take time off? This still surprises you? After watching last weekend I am simply happy they won the game and pumped in 5 goals. That was a must win game. When they shite the bed tonight then you'll see me p'd.

Largest need for improvement, from my seat, is blocking shots. A ton of goals being scored against UND lately are coming from point shots. Zane or Clarke can't see them. If they ramp up the shot blocking they'll be in good shape. It'll help the Gs as well.

I agree... teams like MN are very good at blocking shot. Good observation.

Well, if you think this team is playing to potential and will bring number 8 then excuse me

Just from my observation, if you think this is their year you may be beating yourself up a bit. This team will need a little more than puck luck to pull that off.

Well, if you think this team is playing to potential and will bring number 8 then excuse me

After 2010-11, it's not about having the best team on the ice through the year. UND was clearly the best team. It's about hitting that stride in the tournament. Duluth did that.

Make the tournament.

Be ready.

Anything can happen.

Simple thoughts from Sec. 110:

How cool to see a kid respond like Chyzyk after adversity and reading his comments/quotes, he gets it. He is the anti-Tambo. Kudos Bryn!

Zane is the second coming of BE...good but rarely great. Every game starts UND behind 1-0 when he is in net. He was bailed out big time last night.

Mark Mac looks like he kind of has his 2nd gear. Won't say he is 100% but looked good.

Parks will be a factor as long as he goes to the dirty areas to make plays.

Still trying to see whatever everyone else sees in OD. Don't get it.

Mattson was really good. Was clean and simple last night.

3 Fr. Dman just keep getting better! My new man crush might have to be Stecher...will add to the list w Chyzyk.

Goods solid effort...for 45 minutes. Without the 5 to end the game it goes to OT IMO.

Want a sweep...need a sweep. Gotta have it!

Shephard and partner didn't have a great night. Not much to call but the weak third period call on Ladue followed up by a blatant interference going uncalled when Rocco had a near shorthanded breakaway were terrible. Fortunately, after CC got away with that one, they committed the cfb, impossible not to call (but probably no more so than the non-call on the INT)

And btw, 100.3 cat country is available from the iheartradio site.

Thought the 2nd and 3rd lines had their best games of the year. I really like the MOP line and St Clair, CHyzyk and Murphy,,,

Before we pat ourselves on our back and talk draft picks, Slavin and the Swede are all world players...they were at the WJC and you can tell why. Those 2 are real talent.

Simple thoughts from Sec. 110:

How cool to see a kid respond like Chyzyk after adversity and reading his comments/quotes, he gets it. He is the anti-Tambo. Kudos Bryn!

Zane is the second coming of BE...good but rarely great. Every game starts UND behind 1-0 when he is in net. He was bailed out big time last night.

Mark Mac looks like he kind of has his 2nd gear. Won't say he is 100% but looked good.

Parks will be a factor as long as he goes to the dirty areas to make plays.

Still trying to see whatever everyone else sees in OD. Don't get it.

Mattson was really good. Was clean and simple last night.

3 Fr. Dman just keep getting better! My new man crush might have to be Stecher...will add to the list w Chyzyk.

Goods solid effort...for 45 minutes. Without the 5 to end the game it goes to OT IMO.

Want a sweep...need a sweep. Gotta have it!

Well considering you shot OD down every game last year and again the first exhibition game this year, and this is your first attack on him this year he must have done something to keep you from attacking him. Stick to coaching soccer.

Well considering you shot OD down every game last year and again the first exhibition game this year, and this is your first attack on him this year he must have done something to keep you from attacking him. Stick to coaching soccer.

OD for Hobey!! Is that better?

BTW...I hear your mom is call you to come up from the basement. Your snack of organic orange slices and juice box is ready..........

Shephard and partner didn't have a great night. Not much to call but the weak third period call on Ladue followed up by a blatant interference going uncalled when Rocco had a near shorthanded breakaway were terrible. Fortunately, after CC got away with that one, they committed the cfb, impossible not to call (but probably no more so than the non-call on the INT)

And btw, 100.3 cat country is available from the iheartradio site.

Would you expect anything less from shepard and whoever

Would you expect anything less from shepard and whoever

To start the game, MacMillan was pounded into the end boards and you can hear BShep ask Mark if he's okay. Doh! How about a penalty on the call? Hak lit into him on the bench after they missed the interference call on Rocco Grimaldi.

Solid win but still need to put together a full 60 minutes. Need to do a better job clearing the traffic in front of Zane tonight as I believe all CC's goals involved traffic and he usually makes the save on most of what he can see. CC really got in lanes and blocked a lot of shots, Thorimbert also made a couple real good saves and got help from a post or two. Need another win tonight and hoping for a full 60 minutes.

Hak lit into him on the bench after they missed the interference call on Rocco Grimaldi.

That one had to be impossible to miss, so away from everyone else on the ice except those two. Starman was astounded, saying "after that one, if a CC player even breathes on a Sioux player it's going to be called" (not an exact quote as Sioux wasn't in there). Had to believe they were again officiating the score, rather than what was actually happening on the ice. The cfb was just one too many.

Right before the third goal there was almost a goal. Could you put up the almost please. They probably would have showed a replay but they scored instead so the replay went voosh. Thanking in you in advance.

You might want to go back and watch it, I put the second and third goal up, and it might be in the sequence of plays.