SiouxSports.com Forum

Finley vs. Wheeler

smokey the cat

I'm pretty sure the sportsmanship was lacking on both sides of the handshake line...Finleys actions were just a bit more noticeable than Wheelers.

Bingo! But the argument here is who started it, the guy flapping His lips or the guy who responded to the flapping? Mariucci just doesn't get it, its funny how he just dances around the fact the Finley was reacting to what wheeler said!Does that justify Finley, no, but does it make wheeler the poor innocent victim, absolutely NOT!

• Upvote 2

Even if Wheeler did talk trash it still does NOT excuse Finley's actions. Finley could just talk trash back to him.

Hey Goon do you know what happens at EVERY single hockey game ever? Trash talking between the two teams. You know what almost NEVER happens at hockey games unless UND is involved? Attacking a player as he extends his hand in a show of sportsmanship.

This is where UND fans lose the argument. Trash talking, which is common and the norm, does not excuse starting brawls during the handshake.

Two phrases you say that don't go together. "Even if Wheeler did" and "extends his hand in a show of sportsmanship". If Wheeler did, then he wasn't extending his hand in a show of sportsmanship. We know Finley was dumb and broke the "sanctity" of the handshake line. Because of the circumstances, and the people involved it is also believed that Wheeler broke that sanctity in a different way.

• Upvote 2

Bingo! But the argument here is who started it, the guy flapping His lips or the guy who responded to the flapping? Mariucci just doesn't get it, its funny how he just dances around the fact the Finley was reacting to what wheeler said!Does that justify Finley, no, but does it make wheeler the poor innocent victim, absolutely NOT!

It's a fact that Finley attacked Wheeler. It's not even close to a fact that Wheeler said a word to provoke it.

It's a fact that Finley attacked Wheeler. It's not even close to a fact that Wheeler said a word to provoke it.

Wittle Wheely would never say anything smart would he? Get off your high horse there Mariucci. You know darn well Wheeler got smart. Finley pulled him out of the line to back up his mouth and Wheeler knew he was now in deep doo doo and cried like a typical rodent would.

Even if Wheeler did talk trash it still does NOT excuse Finley's actions. Finley could just talk trash back to him.

Hey Goon do you know what happens at EVERY single hockey game ever? Trash talking between the two teams. You know what almost NEVER happens at hockey games unless UND is involved? Attacking a player as he extends his hand in a show of sportsmanship.

This is where UND fans lose the argument. Trash talking, which is common and the norm, does not excuse starting brawls during the handshake.

There are things that can be said that will trump any sanctity at any time.

Character would prevent those things from being said....but unfortunately those lip flappin pansies don't have it.

As grandpa said some things can only be settled behind the old red barn.......

......or a pro hockey meeting later.

UND fans, Without proof, are going to say Wheeler mouthed off in the handshake line, Gopher fans ,Without Proof, are going to say he didn't mouth off in the handshake line. So, unless someone has audio of Wheeler mouthing off it's going to be a he said - she said. Who knows why Finley pulled him out of the line, maybe something was said during the game or something else led up to this, most likely will never know. In the end it was an ugly incident that should never have happened.

• Upvote 1

Talking trash happens all of the time, the Handshake line is not a place to talk smack. I know for a fact that Rau mouth off to Blood, but Blood never actually revealed what was said to set him off. You act like your golden squirrels are without blame all of the time.

Edited by Goon

I never said I believed that. Just saying we don't know what or if something was said.

No genius, we know for a fact that something was said in both instances, because we have talked to people that were either there or have a family member that have told us this. Stop trying to give us your the above the fray, pompous garbage. You're a bigger idiot than anyone on this site if you think nothing was said on the ice. People don't just attack someone in a handshake line. Smack talk is part of sports, I agree, I played football in college and heard it first hand. Is it cool to drag someone out of the handshake line after a game? Nope! Not at all. It's unacceptable. However, it's classless as well to talk smack after the game is over. There was almost a fight after the Blackhawks and Coyotes playoff series a few years ago. It was about someone running his mouth. Go through the line shake hand and shut the EF up.

Talking trash happens all of the time, the Handshake line is not a place to talk smack. I know for a fact that Rau mouth off to Blood, but Blood never actually revealed what was said to set him off. You act like your golden squirrels are without blame all of the time.

Rau was also taunting the Sioux bench after the Gophers had won and the game was over last year. One of his own teammates grabbed hime and dragged him back to the Gopher bench to head for the locker room.

Look, it's no secret all Gopher players wear panties under their breezers and like to give you the little wiggly middle finger when you shake their hand. It would make me want to lash out in disgust too.

I'm sorry, Mariucci; I know you're sensitive about this kind of thing and you are a guest here, but it's just not normal.

No genius, we know for a fact that something was said in both instances, because we have talked to people that were either there or have a family member that have told us this. Stop trying to give us your the above the fray, pompous garbage. You're a bigger idiot than anyone on this site if you think nothing was said on the ice. People don't just attack someone in a handshake line. Smack talk is part of sports, I agree, I played football in college and heard it first hand. Is it cool to drag someone out of the handshake line after a game? Nope! Not at all. It's unacceptable. However, it's classless as well to talk smack after the game is over. There was almost a fight after the Blackhawks and Coyotes playoff series a few years ago. It was about someone running his mouth. Go through the line shake hand and shut the EF up.

You're priceless Goon. And by priceless I mean really really dumb.

You're priceless Goon. And by priceless I mean really really dumb.

He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones. Or maybe you need to take a deeper look at yourself before you come in here and throw a bunch of accusations around. This is a UND hockey forum. Not Gopher Puck Live. Seriously, can't handle the truth? I know some of you Gopher fans always try to paint your team as the golden boys that can do no wrong. Nothing I said there is untrue. Do you have to always be an uber, condescending, pompous d-bag? Like I said before, there were words exchange on the ice. I got this from two very reliable people.

He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones. Or maybe you need to take a deeper look at yourself before you come in here and throw a bunch of accusations around. This is a UND hockey forum. Not Gopher Puck Live. Seriously, can't handle the truth? I know some of you Gopher fans always try to paint your team as the golden boys that can do no wrong. Nothing I said there is untrue. Do you have to always be an uber, condescending, pompous d-bag? Like I said before, there were words exchange on the ice. I got this from two very reliable people.

I can also play this game Goon, I heard from reliable people ( family members ) that no words were exchanged in the handshake line. It had to do with some smack talking that occurred DURING the game.