SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympics (Parise,Oshie,Toews, LamTwins) - Sochi, Russia

AZSIOUX

Parise may wear the C, Toews maybe an A? They will announce Team USA after the conclusion of the winter classic game today. Oshie seems to have a great chance on making the squad! Would be cool to have those former 3 skating in Sochi.

So impressive to have 5 former UND hockey players making it to Sochi (barring injury)!

Even more from the women's side

@SchlossmanGF: Once Toews is announced on Team Canada, UND will have 9 current/former hockey players headed to the 2014 Sochi Games.

Yandle, EJ and buff would have been nice over orpick. Wheeler was a late surprise with his play. Ryan should have made the team along with okposo but overall a good team. We will find out if they can be great.

When is Canada announced? Can't imagine what their forward lines will be. Stacked with elite players

Even more from the women's side

@SchlossmanGF: Once Toews is announced on Team Canada, UND will have 9 current/former hockey players headed to the 2014 Sochi Games.

Duh! Shame on me for only thinking of the twins for the women's side!

Edit: Can we change the name of this thread so we're not snubbing the other women who made it? :)

• Upvote 1

I was searching online to see when Canada will release their roster and came across an article with the Puck Daddy Team Canada picks from a couple days ago. One of the Puck Daddy columnists left Toews off the roster. Seriously?! Does he follow hockey at all?

I was searching online to see when Canada will release their roster and came across an article with the Puck Daddy Team Canada picks from a couple days ago. One of the Puck Daddy columnists left Toews off the roster. Seriously?! Does he follow hockey at all?

sports.yahoo.com/...puck-daddy/makes-canada-olympic-hockey...Is this the article you're talking about? If so JT is listed here.

edit: I see the omission now....hard to figure that one out!

@SchlossmanGF: U.S. men's 25-man Olympic roster features 20 college players, 5 from OHL, none from WHL/QMJHL.

Is Toews the only guy that will be on team Canada that played USA college hockey puck? I'm guessing so and the rest MJ guys

@SchlossmanGF: U.S. men's 25-man Olympic roster features 20 college players, 5 from OHL, none from WHL/QMJHL.

Is Toews the only guy that will be on team Canada that played USA college hockey puck? I'm guessing so and the rest MJ guys

Martain St. Louis might be picked. Played college hockey.

An excellent read from USA Today! Apparently TJ has been a lock for the team since Aug. Interesting to see the planning process and all the movement of players.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2014/01/01/how-olympic-hockey-team-was-picked/4279829/

I think it also stated somewhere that the coaching staff thought Brown was the perfect captain candidate .......

Brown C

Parise A

Surer A

?

Martain St. Louis might be picked. Played college hockey.

Duncan Keith has to be a lock. Michigan State.

Patrick Sharp has a shot. Vermont.

Chris Kunitz is a longer-shot, but he played at Ferris State.