SiouxSports.com Forum

World Juniors

AZSIOUX

Clearly Lucia's fault they lost this. Clearly...... :lol:

Canada deserved to win the game. They got rolling and once that happened the U.S. made up for it by taking some bad penalties. You'd like to see Gilles make one of those saves from in close, but you could tell what team wanted to win this game more than the other one.

USA will play? Anybody have a run down for me?

my profession isn't coaching...my profession is oil rigging.

this is a joke to the united states of America. get our crap pushed in

is it so much to ask for the coach to get the guys ready to play in a big game?

I know hak isn't known for it but they need to get better coachs for team usa.

oil rigging? oil rigging? twenty years in the oilfield and I have never heard it called except a college kid working for the summer. Baha

Clearly Lucia's fault they lost this. Clearly...... :lol:

Canada deserved to win the game. They got rolling and once that happened the U.S. made up for it by taking some bad penalties. You'd like to see Gilles make one of those saves from in close, but you could tell what team wanted to win this game more than the other one.

USA will play? Anybody have a run down for me?

Gilles, to me, didn't look like he was in the game.

The USA should get the Swiss if they hold the one goal lead they have in the third.

It was a good game.

The US got caught on their heels a bit and Canada really poured on some great talented play.

Fun game to watch.

That pp goal canada had down low come from great passing and some filthy hockey moves.....it was very impressive.

https://tweet.tsn.ca/TwitterPlayerCard/BellmediaTwitterPlayerCard.aspx?cid=267553&dc=tsn_web

I got 1.5 years in and everyone on my rig calls it that

nabors!

There's a reason folks who have lived out in that neck of the woods despite oil field workers...and you do little to help the stereotype. Oil rigging...rough-neckin'...carpet-baggin'...

Canada rejoices today...it beat the USA.

yearly salary

401k's are for fools IMO

to many fees

I just like the good ole savings account and cd's

401ks lower your taxable income and likely have an employer match in the neighborhood of 2-5% of your income. Ignoring that match and tax advantage is stupid, especially if you have significant income. It is highly unlikely that the fees would come anywhere near offsetting the tax advantage and employer match.

When you have significant income, you can no longer enjoy a number of the tax advantages offered to middle income workers such as IRAs, student loan interest exemptions, etc. Once you clear $116k or so, you stop paying into social security- at that point you're nuts not to put that money into a 401k plan- unless you need the cashflow.

Not piling on you man- not making it about you- just offering some sound financial advice.

• Upvote 2

Back to hockey-

The "you got beat" is pretty tacky...bothers me how much the canucks hate us in hockey. I don't hate them at all-

Clearly they have an inferiority complex....

I think they're going through what the US did with basketball in the 90's when the rest of the world started catching up to the game they had dominated forever...but not handling it quite as well.

On Canada, there are a lot of things I like about it...

Their beer

Their pizza

Their fishing in the far north

Banff

The mall at Edmonton

Niagara Falls

Even Regina is pretty cool

Their attitude towards hockey...not so much.