SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

I'm not saying distraction to the coaches as much as to the 18, 19, and 20 year old players that are feeling the way Johnboy feels.

If the team actually took a vote, I'm curious as to what the tally was.

I'm sure they get it...if someone waved a million bucks in front of each and every one of them to do it, every single Bison player with eligibility remaining would transfer to UND tomorrow.

If the team actually took a vote, I'm curious as to what the tally was.

I'm sure they get it...if someone waved a million bucks in front of each and every one of them to do it, every single Bison player with eligibility remaining would transfer to UND tomorrow.

I was told they put it to the players and they voted to have him keep coaching. I assumed that was GT's decision to do that. I don't know what the % was each way.

I'm not saying distraction to the coaches as much as to the 18, 19, and 20 year old players that are feeling the way Johnboy feels.

But its up to the coaches to prepare the players. So if Bohl and four or five of his assistants are headed to Laramie how much coaching time is going to be spent game-planning and coaching for the next round of the FCS playoffs versus recruiting for Wyoming/filling out the staff there etc.? I don't know about you, but I've seen some very good employees take their foot off the gas once they've given their notice. ;)

College football is cyclical. NDSU was never going to be the 'top dog' forever. UND football was never going to be the 'bad team' forever. Things are turning around as we speak.

If Bohl, Klieman, and Vigen all leave during the same offseason that UND hires (hopefully) Pflugrad, UND will have already made huge strides in catching up to NDSU.

NDSU has always had great teams and great coaches that move on and replaced with other great coaches that move on, the championship history and culture of that program provides that for the last fifty years, that program from what I can see will continue to be championship caliber in the division its in. They will continue to be top dogs, that train might slow but never stops.

UND on the other hand has never had that kind of championship culture and history, except for a 2 year stint in 2001-2002, thats who they need to find is someone to change the culture within the community and program... what I would be worried about right now is losing a potential hire to NDSU if they open up job to outside, unlike UND, NDSU can have pretty much the pick of the litter at the FCS level.

This is just an outside the box perspective for both of your schools.

In most cases in business, once an employee gives notice or informed they are being fired, computer access and access to proprietary information (such as customer lists, which in this case would be recruits) and critical infrastructure are taken away. Normal retirement would be an exception.

NDSU has always had great teams and great coaches that move on and replaced with other great coaches that move on, the championship history and culture of that program provides that for the last fifty years, that program from what I can see will continue to be championship caliber in the division its in. They will continue to be top dogs, that train might slow but never stops.

UND on the other hand has never had that kind of championship culture and history, except for a 2 year stint in 2001-2002, thats who they need to find is someone to change the culture within the community and program... what I would be worried about right now is losing a potential hire to NDSU if they open up job to outside, unlike UND, NDSU can have pretty much the pick of the litter at the FCS level.

This is just an outside the box perspective for both of your schools.

The Bison have you a bit snowed, They went from great teams in the early 80s in d2 to the present great FCS team with little to no success. UND during that period was winning and making the playoffs often in d2, they just did not win as many titles (just 1). UND's transition to FCS through the present is very similar to the Bison's, neither had much success and had poor records during that time. UND still has to prove it can get to a high level over the next few years, but there's no reason to think that can't happen.

Disagree. This isn't the Meineke Car Care or Music City Bowl, this is a quest for a third straight national championship. If Bohl didn't want to finish the season, he wouldn't.

Yep. And if anything it's more of an incentive to get #3. 1 more for the Gipper.

Kolpack tweeting the asst. Coaches are gone too

Cool. Bring 'em all. (Although this could bind up the hire for a UND coach..)

Not sure, but I wonder if they fire Bohl would they (Wyoming) have to pay the buyout on his contract? The decision to stay through the playoffs may be a way to force NDSU's hand on the buyout...

Not sure, but I wonder if they fire Bohl would they (Wyoming) have to pay the buyout on his contract? The decision to stay through the playoffs may be a way to force NDSU's hand on the buyout...

His contract goes past this year. Chances are Bohl may want to stick around for bonus reasons. They host more games = higher attendance percentage. More playoff wins = more money.

the buyout is 100k & that SAS likely to be built into the Wyoming package.

I'm surprised by that. Too much of a conflict of interest.

Recruit: Great atmoshphere here.

Coaches- We built it. Plan on doing the same thing at Wyoming next year.

Recruit- Will you use me the same way you use Current Player A?

Coach- Not sure what they will do next year. Won't be coaching here but we will be coaching at Wyoming and yes, that is exactly how we would use you.

Current Player- Sucks your leaving coach.

Coach- You have a redshirt year left and the defense sucked at Wyoming last year. Lots of playing time available.

Not saying Bohl or the coaches would act in this way but there will up to a month where coaches whose future and interest are at another college while they are trying to finish things off here. It can be done but how do you seperate one from the other. Saying it and actually doing it are completely different.

On a positive note for FU- having this current staff in place helps while Gene conducts his nat'l search.

I think Bohl will be fully focused on winning the national championship with this group. They have put together a tremendous run, and I think he owes it to them to stick around and coach his @ss off so they find themselves in Texas again at the end of the season.

That being said, I think this group would win it with or without him.

• Upvote 1