SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. St. Lawrence Saints - Saturday

AZSIOUX

The complete offensive vacuum from the freshman class is also a huge problem. Tambo, Johnson, and Murphy have combined to produce very, very little.

I for sure thought at least one would be producing by now too. We can hope that one or two of them crank it up a notch (or three) after the midpoint.

Honestly, all three have shown some talent at times this season...but it has been way too inconsistent, much like the rest of the team really.

I have been seeing Murphy a bit more the last few games. He seems to be developing a little confidence. Johnson could settle in as a good player in the offensive zone soon as well.

The most promising thing for me lately is Rodwell and Chyzyc playing some hard nosed hockey along the offensive boards. Also, Rocco is starting to get more noticeable out there, I think he may been getting back to his pre knee surgery form soon here(yes I think it has taken him this much time).

The biggest disappointment the last couple of weeks has been Caligula. If he doesn't start to do something I'm going to have to start calling him Caggiula.

I liked the posts on here referring to the lack of moving the feet and reaching. There has been a ton of reaching this year that is for sure. More than I have ever seen. On top of that it has been pretty annoying how often we have been leaving opponents uncovered in the middle in our zone. This is just poor team game planning/preparation/execution.

Lots of good possibilities on the blue line.

This team can still get good-I believe! We need at least one guy to start scoring though...

The local Blackhawks reporter better not mention hot goalie in his recap or some posters here will lose it. ;)

I know when I am being referenced. :)

Hot goalies do exist from time to time. What I don't like is the tendency of some people to use it as an all-purpose excuse for lack of offensive production. We have had games where most of our shots were from the outside without screens set up in front, which largely led to us losing the game. Instead of pointing out scoring opportunities vs. SOG, some people immediately started using the "hot goalie" excuse to explain it away. I will give Hakstol credit; I have never heard him use it to explain a loss or a bad offensive game by his team.

That was one of the weakest five-minute majors I have seen this season.

Agree but UND was on the PP at the time. Why even put oneself in that potential situation. Poor poor judgement under the circumstances IMO.

I know when I am being referenced. :)

Hot goalies do exist from time to time. What I don't like is the tendency of some people to use it as an all-purpose excuse for lack of offensive production. We have had games where most of our shots were from the outside without screens set up in front, which largely led to us losing the game. Instead of pointing out scoring opportunities vs. SOG, some people immediately started using the "hot goalie" excuse to explain it away. I will give Hakstol credit; I have never heard him use it to explain a loss or a bad offensive game by his team.

This I'll agree with. I think an experienced hockey fan should be able to tell the difference between a hot goalie or a lack of offensive execution. From what I've read and/or discussed, Schloss is pretty fair in that regard.

Luke has been makong me nervous with some of his hits. There was one in the Saturday game that looked like he couldv possibly got a 5 but didn't have enough force to be called

I think that the same one we're talking about.