SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. St. Lawrence - Friday

AZSIOUX

St Lawrence could have easily made this game uglier then 5-2.

This team needs something to spark them into showing up for 60 minutes.

I'm all for giving Hrynkiw a shot since Zane and Clarke are unwilling to take the job.

I don't see the point of playing two defensemen as forward if there are two healthy forwards available.

St Lawrence could have easily made this game uglier then 5-2.

This team needs something to spark them into showing put for 60 minutes.

I'm all for giving hrynkiw a shot since Zane and Clarke are unwilling to take the job.

I don't see the point of playing two defensemen as forward if there are two healthy forwards available.

That may say more about those forwards which isn't a good thing even if you are the 14/15th forwards in the team. No chemistry and no finishers to this point

Notes from Brad's gamer:

-UND players had a meeting after the game

-UND had 5 SOG in 9 power play chances

-In the last six games, opponents are 11 for 36 (30.6 percent) on the power play against UND

Also, I heard booing at the end of the 2nd period. Were fans booing the team or were they booing something a SLU player did?

Just pulled into my home in Fargo after drive back from the Ralph...easily the worst home performance I've witnessed as a season ticket holder and this is after the St Cloud debacle last year.

One word...embarrassing.

Hak, Berry and Jackson are in full "shove round peg in square hole" mode with this team and "their" system.

• Upvote 2

Just pulled into my home in Fargo after drive back from the Ralph...easily the worst home performance I've witnessed as a season ticket holder and this is after the St Cloud debacle last year.

One word...embarrassing.

Hak, Berry and Jackson are in full "shove round peg in square hole" mode with this team and "their" system.

This program desperately misses a bench coach like Eades.

I do not believe that Fire Hak is the solution

I would however agree that this appears to be the biggest challenge he has ever faced in coaching.

I do 100% believe that that the passion and dedication of Eades is so very muched missed in the program....

I do not fully understand why he is no longer in GF.... If anybody could accurately help me understand that I would appreciate it. ...if not in open forum PM me ...

Notes from Brad's gamer:

-In the last six games, opponents are 11 for 36 (30.6 percent) on the power play against UND

Also, I heard booing at the end of the 2nd period. Were fans booing the team or were they booing something a SLU player did?

They were booing Stephane's poor decision to drop the gloves and take yet another stupid penalty...

Anyone hear who TH & company picked for the roughneck player of the game? Thompson made 3rd star at the game. The first decent shift to play in the offensive zone was with 4 freshmen and Chyzyk during the first period. Didn't notice them too much after that. I thought Parks played his heart out, helped take a few seconds off the clock on the penalty kill a few times, made some nice plays. Rocco is always fun to watch but not the greatest at passing, maybe if they could find someone to camp out by the net and tell Rocco to just shoot the puck that way instead of passing?? Miss having the Sioux, this is not how Sioux hockey is played.

I can handle poor play if the boys are out there working their butts off... nothing could have been farther from the truth tonight. I am embarrassed to be a fan of UND hockey today. We got beat to most pucks, passing was horrid and dump and chase only works if you have guys willing to hustle and chase. Not the case. The only other people as disinterested in the hockey game other than the players were the coaching staff. I kept looking over at Hak expecting some kind of passion from behind the bench, if there was any I missed it. I would love to say that there was some kind of bright spot to work from here on out but I don't know what that would be. I suppose you could say that it can't get much worse, at least from the effort side of things. I can't remember the last time I was so disgusted by lack of heart.

This is big boy hockey even though I get these are student athletes so I will be blunt....when basically 3 of the worst players on the ice last night wear a letter vs a team like St L this team has ZERO chance. Not only was their play horrendous they also provided no leadership from a work ethic or accountability standpoint. IMO last night was the worst game I have seen our captain play in his career at UND.

Notes from Brad's gamer:

I believe there may have been a little booing but not sure.

Notes from Brad's gamer:

What was their face off %? I have never seen more lost face offs in any game, at any level, in my life.

I can handle poor play if the boys are out there working their butts off... nothing could have been farther from the truth tonight. I am embarrassed to be a fan of UND hockey today. We got beat to most pucks, passing was horrid and dump and chase only works if you have guys willing to hustle and chase. Not the case. The only other people as disinterested in the hockey game other than the players were the coaching staff. I kept looking over at Hak expecting some kind of passion from behind the bench, if there was any I missed it. I would love to say that there was some kind of bright spot to work from here on out but I don't know what that would be. I suppose you could say that it can't get much worse, at least from the effort side of things. I can't remember the last time I was so disgusted by lack of heart.

You said it right, the dump and chase is a proven winning system....however it is a system where you actually have to go real hard to make it work. Besides 2-3 players on this team, there are no other players that actually move their feet. Last night they had the effort of a men's league team. This season is fading pretty fast. Also, I want to see gothberg and mark needs to play (unless he physically can't walk).

What was their face off %? I have never seen more lost face offs in any game, at any level, in my life.

Faceoffs are as much to do with effort and desire then talent. You have to want to impose you will on the other team, this team wants to be imposed on. That and Patyn spending the whole game proving how tough he is, not a good trait in a captain.

Faceoffs are as much to do with effort and desire then talent. You have to want to impose you will on the other team, this team wants to be imposed on. That and Patyn spending the whole game proving how tough he is, not a good trait in a captain.

Agreed with your f/o comment. Pattyn is not a very good hockey player.

St. Lawrence puts pressure on the puck carrier during their PK......UND definitely does not.

That's what every team does when playing against UND, I don't even want to say Sioux right now. Then UND stands there and waits to block a shot, I get you don't want to get tired quick but come on guys. Then still what's with this 5 on 5 pk stuff, its 5 on 5 go after the guy!!!!!!!!! Schmaltz needs to learn how to block a shot or get out of the way so Saunders can see it

This is big boy hockey even though I get these are student athletes so I will be blunt....when basically 3 of the worst players on the ice last night wear a letter vs a team like St L this team has ZERO chance. Not only was their play horrendous they also provided no leadership from a work ethic or accountability standpoint. IMO last night was the worst game I have seen our captain play in his career at UND.

This team is lacking leadership big time.