SiouxSports.com Forum

Wilbur told me a week ago that it's time to start the Hoggsbreath thread...but I figured I would wait until today to actually get the ball rolling...we're exactly four months away from the day, folks, so write it on your calendar now - Saturday, March 22nd starting at 11:00 am!

If you missed last year's brunch, you missed a ton, so you'll have to come next March and hear all the great stories so you too can be part of the inside jokes including:

the biggest win in Sacred Heart's hockey history...

why the '97 team losing in the NCAA's to Michigan is all my fault...

Wilbur's dad gives his thoughts on Rube Bjorkman...

sprig shows everyone his meat...

Wow, I get all of this just for driving to Little Canada next March?

Yes, but if you act now, you also get to see a Sioux slogan on the Hoggsbreath sign...a group picture taken after the brunch...and, if you're lucky, maybe a t-shirt, hat, or other memento of the occasion.

Act now! NorthDakotaHockey and Daddy WarPipes are standing by...

Wilbur told me a week ago that it's time to start the Hoggsbreath thread...but I figured I would wait until today to actually get the ball rolling...we're exactly four months away from the day, folks, so write it on your calendar now - Saturday, March 22nd starting at 11:00 am!

If you missed last year's brunch, you missed a ton, so you'll have to come next March and hear all the great stories so you too can be part of the inside jokes including:

the biggest win in Sacred Heart's hockey history...

Wilbur's dad gives his thoughts on Rube Bjorkman...

sprig shows everyone his meat...

Wow, I get all of this just for driving to Little Canada next March?

Yes, but if you act now, you also get to see a Sioux slogan on the Hoggsbreath moniker...a group picture taken after the brunch...and, if you're lucky, maybe a t-shirt, hat, or other memento of the occasion.

Act now! NorthDakotaHockey and Daddy WarPipes are standing by...

Ex nay on Uber Jorkmanb.......We don't say that name in my dad's household. :lol:

1997-1998 team, right?

<------- Even though I don't have a photo session set up this year that same weekend. I'll be there.

So, we finally get to me Cratter the legend. I look forward to it. Last year was almost epic... I think this year's event could be, wait for it.... Legendary.

• 1 month later...

9 weeks away from the Hoggsbreath brunch...

Wilbur...are you and your dad planning on making the trip to Sacred Canada, er, Little Heart, no, wait, Little Canada in March?

Will Oxbow6 be shopping at the Mall of America or make an appearance at the Hogger?

NorthDakotaHockey says he wants more meat this year, whatever that means.

Can Goon google-map his way to Highway 36 and Rice Street or is the move from St Paul to Minneapolis simply too much to handle for him this year?

Will there be a Daddy WarPipes sighting?

Will yours truly re-tell the story of the greatest Sioux fan-fail in the history of college hockey?

We'll find out soon...

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday March 22nd still good...or would the preference be Friday the 21st?

How many folks are coming to town on Thursday night?

We're less than two months away...

If I'm there I'll be there likely Thursday night so Friday or Saturday works either way. Not sure if my dad can make it this year, but this year I'll make sure to keep him updated with everything going on in the college hockey world on our way there.

Side note, he's lost 60 pounds on his new diet, and hopes to lose about 60 more. So nobody buy him a beer if we make it. :lol:

If I'm there I'll be there likely Thursday night so Friday or Saturday works either way. Not sure if my dad can make it this year, but this year I'll make sure to keep him updated with everything going on in the college hockey world on our way there.

Not sure if your dad can make it? I don't care if I have to raise money so he can take a cab from North Dakota to Little Canada for the brunch, he's GOT to make it!

I think Saturday's the way to go with the two-day format and most folks from out-of-town probably arriving Friday morning/early afternoon and headed right to the Target Center for the first semi-final game. Let's let everyone get their bearings straight and keep the brunch on Saturday the 22nd at 11:00 am. With the 3rd place game being at 3:30 pm that afternoon, there will be some extra time to kick back, relax, share some fan and moniker introductions, and tell some of our favorite Sioux hockey stories (please please please let Wilbur's dad make it). Previous years' 3rd place games were at 2:00 pm - now folks won't have to eat and sprint out of the Hoggsbreath by 12:30-1:00 pm in order to get to downtown St Paul.

I don't know if we can ever top last year's brunch head-count, but we'll try...pass the word along - would be fun to see some St Cloud fans, UMD fans, and Miami fans who lurk around the board make an appearance. Maybe if I keep hyping this thing...if I call it the North Star Challenge Cup of brunches, would that help?

Last year's door prizes will be difficult to top this year - if you have any ideas or wish to contribute something, please PM me and we'll talk. Thank you!

2014 Hoggsbreath sign outside the building idea:

WELCOME FIGHTING SIOUX FANS

OXBOW6 SUCKS

:)

Being a good dad...daughter has a VB tournament Saturday and her school is hosting. Parents "encouraged" to help out.

Has nothing to do with the fact I'm getting back that Thursday from Sawgrass before flying to PHX on Tuesday to squeeze in 8 rounds in 4 days................"good dad" for skipping brunch/NCHC. That's what I'm pitching to the Mrs. ;)