SiouxSports.com Forum

CBSSN, one last rant, maybe

sprig

Dave, So would I but there just is not enough of a fan base for it.

That is probably, unfortunately true. I find nothing but college hockey of interest to me on CBSSports. Their football and basketball games show nothing but matchups that I find totally uninteresting, much better games on other channels. Maybe that's the way most feel about any college hockey as well.

Which begs the last question. Why does CBS want it if no one wants to watch?

That is probably, unfortunately true. I find nothing but college hockey of interest to me on CBSSports. Their football and basketball games show nothing but matchups that I find totally uninteresting, much better games on other channels. Maybe that's the way most feel about any college hockey as well.

Which begs the last question. Why does CBS want it if no one wants to watch?

That is because fans of the NHL need to give college hockey a shot. In the same way football and basketball fans watch college.
  • Upvote 2

Here's the sad truth, I used to watch the home games in MSP, paying $10/month for the sports pack to get Fox sports PAC/ATL/... I watched most games.

This year without the ability to watch, I haven't followed the Sioux like I have since the mid 90's. I don't even know who the freshman are...

They need to fix this or they will become forgotten with alums and recruits... or maybe it's just me

Here's the sad truth, I used to watch the home games in MSP, paying $10/month for the sports pack to get Fox sports PAC/ATL/... I watched most games.

This year without the ability to watch, I haven't followed the Sioux like I have since the mid 90's. I don't even know who the freshman are...

They need to fix this or they will become forgotten with alums and recruits... or maybe it's just me

Highly unlikely.

It's not just you. You can put me in the same camp. I liked following the hockey team to the point of springing for the sports tier and watching them on FCS. But I'm not willing to pay money to watch the webcasts. Call me a fair weather fan if you want, but it is what it is. And I find myself caring less about the hockey team since I don't see their games as often.

If you can't regularly and easily watch games, it will be "out-of-sight, out-of-mind" for a certain percentage of people outside the Midco footprint that used to follow the team. Nobody knows what that percentage will be, but it's not zero.

Highly unlikely.

Not saying I wouldn't go to the X to watch, but I don't know automatically where they are in the standings or who they play this weekend...

I will never forget them, but I don't find them high on the priority list anymore this year...

No more Friday is gameday, cause I just can't watch them...

It's not just you. You can put me in the same camp. I liked following the hockey team to the point of springing for the sports tier and watching them on FCS. But I'm not willing to pay money to watch the webcasts. Call me a fair weather fan if you want, but it is what it is. And I find myself caring less about the hockey team since I don't see their games as often.

If you can't regularly and easily watch games, it will be "out-of-sight, out-of-mind" for a certain percentage of people outside the Midco footprint that used to follow the team. Nobody knows what that percentage will be, but it's not zero.

Why not get the webcasts? I got very spoiled by being able to watch all the home games on FCS, but I can't anymore so the webcasts are a viable alternative. Quality is excellent. I think you are a fair weather fan. I find it just as easy to watch as turning on the TV.

Why not get the webcasts? I got very spoiled by being able to watch all the home games on FCS, but I can't anymore so the webcasts are a viable alternative. Quality is excellent. I think you are a fair weather fan. I find it just as easy to watch as turning on the TV.

So now I have to sit at my computer to watch the sioux games for 2 hours and I have to pay $60 for a webcast, that I was previously paying about the same amount to have on my tv where I could record the games and watch them at my leisure. Convenience counts for something and webcasts aren't for me.

I'll bet the danny kristos aren't watching webcasts. they're watching HD gopher games...

• Upvote 1

So now I have to sit at my computer to watch the sioux games for 2 hours and I have to pay $60 for a webcast, that I was previously paying about the same amount to have on my tv where I could record the games and watch them at my leisure. Convenience counts for something and webcasts aren't for me.

I'll bet the danny kristos aren't watching webcasts. they're watching HD gopher games...

Buy a HDMI cord and watch it on TV.

• Upvote 1

LOL. I've seen ONE Gopher game on TV this year and it was on a Sunday. And I live in suburban Minneapolis. Their games get shoved on an alternate channel normal people with cable don't get most of the time, including the game tonight.

I still watch maybe 5 hockey games per week via Fta satellite. I used to watch 7 per week. Und used to promote the Fta system to watch und sports but this has gone by the wayside since the midco deal. It's ok. Plenty of other things to watch including und hockey tonight that wasn't produced by midco;) maybe they are doing a great job for people that can receive their service but for people that cannot it is a failure.

What I find funny is that I will find occasional midco feeds with my Fta satellite. Such as tonight's women's hockey game. But they are scrambled. Und used to promote the system I purchased and now they want to limit the exposure of the program? Not trying to steal midco's feed.....just don't get it. Und or the Ralph made money from selling Fta systems....now they decide more money is to be made from the midco?

LOL. I've seen ONE Gopher game on TV this year and it was on a Sunday. And I live in suburban Minneapolis. Their games get shoved on an alternate channel normal people with cable don't get most of the time, including the game tonight.

Well played. Unfortunately, anyone with cable in the metro area (and the vast majority of the state) has Fox Sports North Plus which you know of course. You think the TWolves and Wild would agree to have some of their games aired on a channel no one gets?

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/channel-finder/plus-channel

Solid effort though.

Well played. Unfortunately, anyone with cable in the metro area (and the vast majority of the state) has Fox Sports North Plus which you know of course. You think the TWolves and Wild would agree to have some of their games aired on a channel no one gets?

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/channel-finder/plus-channel

Solid effort though.

I'm in eastern nd and don't get your games. A little heart warming actually. Would rather watch the beavers who are available statewide in mn as well as where I am in nd.

they have been on Big 10 channel, Fsn, nbcsports, and the Fox alternate channel. Pretty easy to find actually...granted, not as much fun as hooking up the interlink machine to watch a webcast...:(
  • Upvote 2

I like how HD Internet streaming is somehow going "backward" in technology.

if they had an app for roku or something I might think about it, but hooking up a laptop to my tv. Not interested.

I love how some people on here think going from a national tv deal to a webcast is progress. hooray for progress.

if they had an app for roku or something I might think about it, but hooking up a laptop to my tv. Not interested.

I love how some people on here think going from a national tv deal to a webcast is progress. hooray for progress.

I don't think anyone has posted that losing the national tv deal is progress. not one person who has posted in this thread has said they're happy with the new deal.

snake's reply was to your comment about technology not about the tv deal.