SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

It's a chemistry issue.

Something like that. They have a little bit of a different talent package than Hak is used. to. Before the season started, many were thinking this might be a BC-like team, smaller but quicker with some good hands in the mix. I personally think it is a challenge for Hak to establish a scheme and roles that match the roster. He is not exactlyh a loosey-goosey kind of guy.

But there are a lot of people on this site with far more hockey knowledge who will disagree I'm sure.

I am also scratching my head at the line combos last night. It appears Hak was going after a more balanced approach. I'm curious why he would do that given our struggles to score. I would think, for confidence reasons, he would put our top 6 actually into our top 6.

Rocco- Johnson - parks

Caggs- markmac- chyzk, or someone to plug here.

I'll I'm saying is load up the top 6. Super confused as to why he was rolling 4 last night. Tonight I want to see our top players log huge minutes.

I am also scratching my head at the line combos last night. It appears Hak was going after a more balanced approach. I'm curious why he would do that given our struggles to score. I would think, for confidence reasons, he would put our top 6 actually into our top 6.

Rocco- Johnson - parks

Caggs- markmac- chyzk, or someone to plug here.

I'll I'm saying is load up the top 6. Super confused as to why he was rolling 4 last night. Tonight I want to see our top players log huge minutes.

Yeah, the line combos had me a bit confused. You need to put Mitch on a line of guys that are muckers, and aren't going to get up and down the ice. He proved last year he couldn't skate with Kristo and Knight.

Here's My take:

Rodwell-Pattyn-Mitch

Mark-Johnson-Parks

Rocco-Drake-Chyzyk

Murphy-Gaarder-Sanderson

So...our most skilled forward doesn't fit the system...

The junior line should really be a Fighting Sioux third line

The freshman forwards have done zip

We have zero toughness on the blue line. Our best dman is Stecher.

Zane is inconsistent at best- Frazee anybody???

looks like a long year...

You know....the Zane-Frazee comparison fits......yikes..... :ohmy:

good thing I haven't purchased any post season tournament ticket packages

it just dawned on me as to why they are playing like crap. it's the curse of ralph engelstad and the sioux. think about it, the moment they had to switch jerseys they have played like crap ever since. in the regional in 2012 and all of last year and into this year. thanks ncaa :devil:

Yes, Zane gave up a weak goal. But he also earned the respect of a lot of us last night. When Zane lost his helmet, it took the officials FOREVER to blow the whistle. Meanwhile, rather than trying to put his helmet back on, Zane followed the puck and squared himself to make the save. It was quite possible that he could have taken a puck to the face, but he still followed through until the whistle blew. Mad respect for that.

• Upvote 3

Yes, Zane gave up a weak goal. But he also earned the respect of a lot of us last night. When Zane lost his helmet, it took the officials FOREVER to blow the whistle. Meanwhile, rather than trying to put his helmet back on, Zane followed the puck and squared himself to make the save. It was quite possible that he could have taken a puck to the face, but he still followed through until the whistle blew. Mad respect for that.

I expect that level of compete from a drafted player at an elite program- that's like looking for props for taking care of your children.

• Upvote 2