SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

And that'll do it. Omaha wins it 4-2.

Interested to hear from Hak after this one. Thought they had some mo going into the third period.

Probably the same old BS. Good effort, need to get a greasy one, back to work, bring our lunch pails tomorrow, blah blah blah.

; )

Go SIOUX!

• Upvote 1

Hak post game:

~Played a good second period even with bad goal.

~Good hockey game decided by the players.

~Played hard.

~Just came up short.

~Hak not happy with the officials on the Gaarder penalty.

~Good games from Johnson, Schmaltz.

Is it a defensive strategy when our guys glide the last few strides to the puck when it's anywhere along the wall? We seem to let the other player get first control then try to neutralize him, but it doesn't always work that way and we seem to be chasing a lot.

Some thoughts (only from what I heard from TH)

~Zane has to figure out the weak goal thing. He is too good of a goaltender to let it be a consistent thing. Its gotten to the point where I expect one a game.

~I think if you're looking to add some speed to the forward group you think about Thompson playing forward. Too much talent there not to have on the ice. I'd rather see him on a wing than Mitch.

~Talk about spreading the wealth on the lines after the top unit. Guess if they want to play four lines it may have to stay that way.

~Someone needs to step up and be the difference maker Sunday.

And I'd better go out and say that a Dean Blais team blew a two goal lead.....but I guess they still won. :lol:

Some thoughts (only from what I heard from TH)

~Zane has to figure out the weak goal thing. He is too good of a goaltender to let it be a consistent thing. Its gotten to the point where I expect one a game.

~I think if you're looking to add some speed to the forward group you think about Thompson playing forward. Too much talent there not to have on the ice. I'd rather see him on a wing than Mitch.

~Talk about spreading the wealth on the lines after the top unit. Guess if they want to play four lines it may have to stay that way.

~Someone needs to step up and be the difference maker Sunday.

And I'd better go out and say that a Dean Blais team blew a two goal lead.....but I guess they still won. :lol:

How long has it been since we had a goalie that didn't give up a weak goal a game?

It's starting to appear that we blanked on certain recruits for a number of years. Our Juniors, I was expecting, were to be so much better.

Big time expectations after we'd seen them play a couple of months their freshman year. They have speed, but it doesn't seem to be coming to the top in the system they're running.

I have to be honest I know it is still early in the season but I am somewhat surprised by our team so far. I have faith that things will get turned around but some players really need to step it up. I just hope we don't dig ourselves to deep a hole that we can't get out of.

• Upvote 2

Big time expectations after we'd seen them play a couple of months their freshman year. They have speed, but it doesn't seem to be coming to the top in the system they're running.

I'd say we need more speed up the middle or change our system to attacking the O-zone. IMO I believe our wingers have to stop at the O blue line and wait for the puck to be dumped in, then were chasing puck without speed. Quicker speed up the middle would allow us to skate the puck into the O-zone with possession and create better chances.