SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky 2013-2014

Smoggy

Montana actually has a higher RPI than Weber..........

154 Montana

189 Weber

210 EWU

218 UNC

223 UND

250 NAU

263 Sac St.

But, where are they in the almighty powerful Sagarin...the king of kings among the Godly ranking of what is important in all of college sporting events.

Let's all bow and pray to the mighty Sagarin...All hail the mighty Sagarin!

Yay!

bugs_bunny_jail_bird_small.jpg

Some facts about the BSC Tournament:

Started in 1976 only 9 teams have ever repeated out of 38 tournaments (23.4%)

2010: last time a #1 seed did not go to the dance (#4 Montana beat #1 WSU)

Most BSC Tournament Champions: (currrent teams only, not including Idaho, 2014-15)

Montana 9

WSU 8

ISU 2

NAU 2

MSU 2

PSU 2

UNC 1

EWU 1

Since 2000:

Montana won it 6 times

WSU won it twice

PSU won it twice

NAU won it once

UNC won it once

EWU won it once

Full release on awards

Individual Award Winners

MVP - Davion Berry, Weber State

Newcomer of the Year - Quinton Upshur, Northern Arizona

Freshman of the Year - Jeremy Senglin, Weber State

Defensive Player of the Year - Joel Bolomboy, Weber State

Top Reserve - Jamal Webb, North Dakota & DaShaun Wiggins, Portland State

Can't get the All-Conference teams to cut and paste, but they are listed on the release. Huff was a unanimous selction for what is his 2nd All Conference First team award. Webb and Anderson both named as Honorable Mentions.

Just got done watching a team that had a 7-9 conference record punch a ticket to the NCAA. Thats why every team in the Big Sky should qualify for the tournament, just one more game is all it is. Wake up Big Sky. Eastern Washington finished 10-10 and is done for the year with no chance and I would hate to have to play them in the tournament.

Just got done watching a team that had a 7-9 conference record punch a ticket to the NCAA. Thats why every team in the Big Sky should qualify for the tournament, just one more game is all it is. Wake up Big Sky. Eastern Washington finished 10-10 and is done for the year with no chance and I would hate to have to play them in the tournament.

I disagree. I love the fact that the regular season means so much in the Sky. More than half the conference has basically been in playoff mode for the last month or so. People often say that the regular season means nothing in a one bid league. Not the case in the Big Sky. I have really enjoyed the reshuffling that takes place every weekend the last two seasons....

• Upvote 1

UND will be years behind NDSU in basketball if they get a win tonight. Despite the loss earlier this year, the Bison will have the last laugh if they make the NCAA tournament.

What if they both make the tournament? Do we all get to laugh together? I am unsure how the laughing rules would work than.

What if they both make the tournament? Do we all get to laugh together? I am unsure how the laughing rules would work than.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the team with the record of 24-6, should they make it 25-6, couldn't care less about a loss to UND earlier this season.