SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MIAMI - NCHC Opener

AZSIOUX

I haven't been impressed with Ladue yet. He and Thompson looked out of place at times. Both had noticeably shaky sticks too. And it's not a local kid nerves thing since Johnson had no such issues.

Thought LaDue played much better on Saturday and gave a glimpse of what he can do. He did a great job killing penalties all weekend. You don't kill off that many penalties without the defense killing them playing well.

Thought LaDue played much better on Saturday and gave a glimpse of what he can do. He did a great job killing penalties all weekend. You don't kill off that many penalties without the defense killing them playing well.

Totally agree...he was way better Saturday. I think Thompson would have looked the same way had he played both nights as well.

Johnson is a forward. It's a bigger adjustment for D. I think we can wait longer than opening weekend to say who can't hack it.

I didn't say he won't be able to hack it. I was making a point that not everyone is protecting Ladue just because he's from gf. For my money Stecher and Ausmus were the two new defensemen who looked the most ready out of the gate.

Quit all of this niceness with these Miami fans!!!! :p

I want Ausmus to rip off at least three heads. He needs to show he is the replacement for MacWilliam.

Who will be the first UND fan to throw a dead (of natural causes, of course) redhawk onto the ice? If this game was at the old ralph someone would smuggle in an entire chicken coop of redhawks and throw them onto the ice after the first goal.

They would not be dead, but might have rabies.

Made in Fargo, ND 'Miami and LRG worked with CI Sports (Fargo, North Dakota) to produce the limited edition shirts which feature a hockey-specific design and the NCHC logo.'

http://www.muredhawk...TCLID=209283281

MIAMI UNIVERSITY CREATES LIMITED EDITION GLOW IN THE DARK SHIRTS FOR THE REDHAWKS' NCHC HOCKEY OPENER

I laughed when I got that email.

Just checked:

Miami, North Dakota, Western Michigan, Nebraska-Omaha, and Denver are all Neulion so any subscribers to their schools all-access Neulion package will get free reciprocate webcast from the other schools? Last year in CCHA play Miami subscribers got to see Miami at Western Michigan for free.

UNO, UM-D, and CC need to get with it.

I think you mean St Cloud needs to get with it, not UNO (yes/no?)

Best case scenario is we pull off the upset and sweep them. However I think a split is more likely. Hopefully we get that W on Friday night; the ref's better let the players be the deciding factor on the outcome of the game. Last weekend was some terrible officiating...on both ends. I have watched an NHL where there were no penalties called before....last weekend there must have been double digit penalties called in both games.

I'm anxious and nervous for this weekend against Miami. I've been hating them for over a year now in preparation of this weekend. I've had my "rival" hat on for a while. :lol:

Yes, we need a new rival to hate in this league. Miami---YOU'RE IT.

Miami sucks! Terrible team, terrible fans, terrible jerseys, terrible rink, terrible terrible terrible. Does Blasi like to do the dasher dance?

Best case scenario is we pull off the upset and sweep them. However I think a split is more likely. Hopefully we get that W on Friday night; the ref's better let the players be the deciding factor on the outcome of the game. Last weekend was some terrible officiating...on both ends. I have watched an NHL where there were no penalties called before....last weekend there must have been double digit penalties called in both games.

I think a split is best case scenario IMO. We showed no ability to adjust our style play to the way either game last weekend was officiated. Their PP will bury us if we take penalties like last weekend. Hak has to find another line other than Rocco's. Mark Mac is a wasted talent as he is playing with Mitch. Defensively we will struggle...too many Fr. playing. Excited to watch the game on TV Friday though.

• Upvote 2

I think a split is best case scenario IMO. We showed no ability to adjust our style play to the way either game last weekend was officiated. Their PP will bury us if we take penalties like last weekend. Hak has to find another line other than Rocco's. Mark Mac is a wasted talent as he is playing with Mitch. Defensively we will struggle...too many Fr. playing. Excited to watch the game on TV Friday though.

We have disagreed a tad the the defensemen in past weeks but Miami may expose our youth :). As far as Mark goes, you couldn't be more right, my buddies and I have been saying this every game. Mark is so good, I think if you put Chyzk on that line it would be such an improvement. I believe Mark will be a solid NHLer.

Agreed.

I hate to say it, but I see our youth and inexperience getting exposed by Miami's high powered offense, and our offense not up to the task of picking up the slack.

I predict 3 points or less on the weekend.

Miami sucks! Terrible team, terrible fans, terrible jerseys, terrible rink, terrible terrible terrible. Does Blasi like to do the dasher dance?

we already have denver to HATE, I'll just lump miami into the duluth and cc category-don't like them and don't hate them. unless they act like they just won the stanley cup after each goal this weekend.

agreed. at this point in this season I'm not sure if we can go down there and expect anything more than a split and wouldn't be shocked if we got swept. the series in feb will be more of a measuring stick as to where our season will be headed.

• Upvote 1

We have disagreed a tad the the defensemen in past weeks but Miami may expose our youth :). As far as Mark goes, you couldn't be more right, my buddies and I have been saying this every game. Mark is so good, I think if you put Chyzk on that line it would be such an improvement. I believe Mark will be a solid NHLer.

I'll repeat myself and probably sound like I have a man crush but Chyzyk offensively is gifted and IMO needs to play. He is St. Clair plus size plus speed plus offense. He just doesn't bring it energy wise all the time and thus sits more than he should. Mitch doesn't do anything for me. Least OD looked like he might play some hockey this season. Mark, Parks and Chyzyk would be worth a shot with Luke, OD and Murphy/St. Clair on another line. Bottom line Mark makes scorers better...problem is Mitch and OD aren't scores. Parks and Chyzyk are.

we already have denver to HATE, I'll just lump miami into the duluth and cc category-don't like them and don't hate them. unless they act like they just won the stanley cup after each goal this weekend.

The players will, but that's pretty standard regardless of opponent. Call it the enduring legacy of Ryan Jones.

Asking me to choose another team to hate (other than the Gophers) is as easy as telling me I can no longer love the Sioux and have to pick a different team! I love to hate the Gophers and conference rivals or not.