SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. U of Manitoba Gameday - Sunday

AZSIOUX

Thanks, did our goalies have to make some saves or were the shots pretty one-sided?

Saunders stopped a penalty shot, but wasn't tested. Zane saw some more quality opportunities, but stood his ground and made it look easy with some pretty good positional play.

Shots were like almost three to one, but didn't hear a final.

Well the good news is that the coaches will have alot to work on this week. The PP was brutal. Top 6 were good, but pretty dry after that. I think the 2 sitting seniors will be back next week unless there is an injury. For the freshman Johnson was great, looked like an NHLer. Ausmus played very well. The Defense was solid defensively but brutal on offense.

Outside of Schmaltz and Simpson any of the 6 could sit. I could also see coming back with 7 D and 11 forwards. Gotta say Mattson was really disappointing.

Grimaldi weights more than Tambellini, ouch.

Grimaldi needs to talk to Jason Blake about when to pass (rarely).

Parks and Cagguila look like the most improved players.

Both goalies solid.

If OD can't crack the top 9 forwards I'd prefer Rodwell on a wing.

Colton Pattyn Rodwell was a good 4th line last year.

Chyzyk Murphy Gaarder on 3rd line.

The OD & Mitch experiments are hopefully coming to an end.

Well the good news is that the coaches will have alot to work on this week. The PP was brutal. Top 6 were good, but pretty dry after that. I think the 2 sitting seniors will be back next week unless there is an injury. For the freshman Johnson was great, looked like an NHLer. Ausmus played very well. The Defense was solid defensively but brutal on offense.

Outside of Schmaltz and Simpson any of the 6 could sit. I could also see coming back with 7 D and 11 forwards. Gotta say Mattson was really disappointing.

Grimaldi weights more than Tambellini, ouch.

Grimaldi needs to talk to Jason Blake about when to pass (rarely).

Parks and Cagguila look like the most improved players.

Both goalies solid.

Some good points, but I completely disagree about Grimaldi not passing. He dishes the puck too quickly sometimes.

I really like Ausmus. He's a strapping young dude. He moves really well also. Odonnel played tonight? He might as well have been in the stands. Stetcher looked pretty good on the puck. Johnson looked really good. Tambellini had bright spots but wasn't anything special. Ladue was solid. I'm still waiting for Rocco to explode, there isn't a player that can skate with him.

Yup. How far is Divide County from Williston?

I suppose I could just google that myself!

70 miles north, dodging a thousand trucks along the way. You're both welcome, I have cbssports on dish, not sure how/where we get the second game?

Edit: I guess we'll only get one game on TV. Miami home hockey used to be on the Ohio Sports Network, which was available FTA for years, but they quit uplinking a few years ago (2-3). Miami uses neulion as well for streaming but I don't see that they have game 2 of that series scheduled. Maybe it's one of those cbssports blackouts, where you can't show anything for the weekend, when one game is on cbssports. The strangest TV deal I've ever seen.