SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day. Big Sky Opener. MSU

geaux_sioux

I wonder how much it will cost to buyout Muss's contract extension?

I'm guessing it's in the $225k range on paper. However, the contract probably has a clause whereby that amount is reduced by the amount he receives for his next coaching job, so it could end up being quite a bit less, particularly if he catches on as a dI assistant somewhere.

I'm guessing it's in the $225k range on paper. However, the contract probably has a clause whereby that amount is reduced by the amount he receives for his next coaching job, so it could end up being quite a bit less, particularly if he catches on as a dI assistant somewhere.

Is there a "losing season, you're fired, extension void" clause?

Earlier I had posted that there was nothing to be gained by dumping Muss prior to the end of the season. Clearly he is taking the program to such lows that he really needs to go right now. Stunning how terrible he is.

What the heck happened out there today? Guy was checking scores on his smartphone at the SDSU game and just goes, 'No way is this right.."

What the heck happened out there today? Guy was checking scores on his smartphone at the SDSU game and just goes, 'No way is this right.."

Quite simply, somehow, the defense has gotten worse than last year. There just isn't any fire from anyone on field. The whole team is just going through the motions and they're not talented enough to hang with a good team when they're not motivated. The team's given up.