SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

I'm convinced that the next head coach of UND football has yet to named on this forum. I think Faison has his guy targeted and we will all know who it is a week from tomorrow.

You might be right. Some close to program speculated that today. I do not know that though. A fact is I don't know anything for sure about who he is planning on interviewing.

You might be right. Some close to program speculated that today. I do not know that though. A fact is I don't know anything for sure about who he is planning on interviewing.

He just seems far to smart to have it be any other way....I would think by the time we find out who it is he was waiting for to apply, that he already interviewed and offered the position. I just gotta think he is trying to help someone get around the open records laws.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2&SPID=22&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205097251&Q_SEASON=2013

I just have an inkling it's this dude......if I was a betting man on a mystery candidate he would be it. Way to many connections...

There certainly are a lot of local connections along with Faison knowing him from his NMSU days. He deserves a look. Obviously he didn't apply but Faison is reaching out to people so perhaps he will give Els a call.

Plus he has a 32-9 record as a head coach (Hastings College)

There certainly are a lot of local connections along with Faison knowing him from his NMSU days. He deserves a look. Obviously he didn't apply but Faison is reaching out to people so perhaps he will give Els a call.

Plus he has a 32-9 record as a head coach (Hastings College)

i would still take pflu's background (oregon and such) over els (ohio and such)....

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2&SPID=22&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205097251&Q_SEASON=2013

I just have an inkling it's this dude......if I was a betting man on a mystery candidate he would be it. Way to many connections...

Wow nice pick. I like the look this guy has in his eyes. For some reason that's a big thing for a HC for me. He looks like he could spit sand.

Haha we would be in some real trouble if that were to happen. Funniest resume I have ever seen! Even made deadspin: http://deadspin.com/man-applies-for-und-head-coach-job-cites-playing-madde-1481626884

is this guy getting all this pub for a recycled bit? Why is the file name for his PowerPoint on the Herald site "The Future of Rhode Island Basketball"?

normally the job description is tailored to a certain candidate to make it easier to show the und legal team (evans) that the "points" for other applicants aren't enough to justify an interview?? still a reason why NFL was used...

The UND Legal team really doesn't have much of a role in the hiring process until the very end, and it is a small role. After the screened candidates have been forwarded to the department (Faison), interviews must be conducted on all the people forwarded. The department can choose the format for the interview (phone, in person, etc.). After all of the interviews have been conducted, the dpt can choose to hire one of the candidates, go deeper in the pool (request names that weren't originally forwarded after the screening process), or open the job again. Once the department chooses to hire someone, they must provide documentation that states why one candidate was chosen and the others not (each applicant receives a write-up regarding what made them unqualified...at least that's how it was a couple years ago). After being reviewed by the HR department, the paperwork is forwarded to the Affirmative Action office to verify that there was no unjust treatment, discrimination, etc. After that approval is gained, the person is hired. The previous Affirmative Action officer retired a couple years ago, and I believe that position is now manned by Julie Evans. So, as far as I know the only role UND Legal plays is the customary check at the end.

Just wanted to clarify. :)

The UND Legal team really doesn't have much of a role in the hiring process until the very end, and it is a small role. After the screened candidates have been forwarded to the department (Faison), interviews must be conducted on all the people forwarded. The department can choose the format for the interview (phone, in person, etc.). After all of the interviews have been conducted, the dpt can choose to hire one of the candidates, go deeper in the pool (request names that weren't originally forwarded after the screening process), or open the job again. Once the department chooses to hire someone, they must provide documentation that states why one candidate was chosen and the others not (each applicant receives a write-up regarding what made them unqualified...at least that's how it was a couple years ago). After being reviewed by the HR department, the paperwork is forwarded to the Affirmative Action office to verify that there was no unjust treatment, discrimination, etc. After that approval is gained, the person is hired. The previous Affirmative Action officer retired a couple years ago, and I believe that position is now manned by Julie Evans. So, as far as I know the only role UND Legal plays is the customary check at the end.

Is this seemingly cumbersome process State of North Dakota policy? Or is it UND policy? Seems counterproductive to conduct a quantitative proof to justify picking one candidate over the other.

Are we overlooking this guy?

Vince Okruch

• Vince Okruch is in his third season at Akron and serves as special teams coordinator
  • Prior to coming to Akron, Okruch served as defensive coordinator at Illinois for one season.
  • He spent five seasons as the defensive coordinator at Colorado (1999-2003).
  • Okruch was part of Gary Barnett’s staff at Northwestern (1992-98)
  • From 1985-91, he was a member of the Minnesota staff, working under Lou Holtz and John Gutekunst
  • One season as linebackers coach at Louisiana-Monroe and one year as defensive coordinator at Western Illinois
  • Has killer mustache

Honestly, to me, looks like a good candidate.

Vince Okruch

• Vince Okruch is in his third season at Akron and serves as special teams coordinator
  • Prior to coming to Akron, Okruch served as defensive coordinator at Illinois for one season.
  • From 1985-91, he was a member of the Minnesota staff, working under Lou Holtz and John Gutekunst
  • One season as linebackers coach at Louisiana-Monroe and one year as defensive coordinator at Western Illinois
  • Has killer mustache

He looks like coach from Saving Silverman

Vince Okruch

• Has killer mustache

Should have been your first bullet point. But yes, looks like a very solid candidate and until now, no one even mentioned him. There are some quality guys that have applied.

:sad:

Is this seemingly cumbersome process State of North Dakota policy? Or is it UND policy? Seems counterproductive to conduct a quantitative proof to justify picking one candidate over the other.

I think it's a combination of policies set forth by the state, the NDUS, and UND. Good times! ;)

Although to be fair, if anyone that didn't get hired believes they were discriminated against, this extensive documentation can help UND in the CYA department.

I've always liked Jamie Marshall's (Montana St. DC) resume. Don't know if he was serious contender in Faison's eyes, but I wonder if the now vacant position at his alma mater Drake will interest him. Obviously he has a desire to be a head coach.

Marshall has always been a high pick for me, but for some reason, there hasn't been a lot of excitement for him. Personally, I'd rather have him or Bubba over Pflu.