SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

I wish Caruso would have gotten into the mix...

From what I was told, he needed to call. Faison was not going to seek him out and Caruso would not call. He wanted to be courted, like most head coaches do. Faison did not do that so they never made contact with each other.

Here's my question and i apologize if it has been answered but I don't have time to read all threads.

Since the SIU staff is in some trouble for lack of success to both Bubba and Deboer come here? One as HC one as coordinator?

I think there's no question Bubba would like to entertain that thought if he gets the job. However, I think his respect for Dale would ultimately prevent him from doing that.

No chance Bubba leaves Dale to be DC for Deboer.

From what I was told, he needed to call. Faison was not going to seek him out and Caruso would not call. He wanted to be courted, like most head coaches do. Faison did not do that so they never made contact with each other.

But reports are that BF sought out DeBoer and called him to apply but couldn't reach out to Caruso?

I think there's no question Bubba would like to entertain that thought if he gets the job. However, I think his respect for Dale would ultimately prevent him from doing that.

Where are those two going to coach after next season? I don't it will be at SIU unless they make the playoffs.

I would think that would be unlikely.

I would guess if Bubba gets the HC job that there would be a 25-35% chance DeBoer would come as OC and if DeBoer got the job I would guess that there is almost no chance of Bubba coming in as DC as he would ride it out with Lennon.

Yeah this seems to make sense. Then again if their jobs will be in question after next season anyway it is probably worth a look at least.

Step 1: Hire a darn coach already!

Did BF's minutes run out on his university trac phone?? So it wasn't even a regional search...forget national search. Or was BF too "busy"? Damn you TIm Horton's!!!

This just in: FB coaches have ego's. Big one's. They want to be stroked and sought out. Also, when they are already have a job, they are not going to initiate the contact. That way they can cover their arse in case anybody finds out they were flirting.

This just in: FB coaches have ego's. Big one's. They want to be stroked and sought out. Also, when they are already have a job, they are not going to initiate the contact. That way they can cover their arse in case anybody finds out they were flirting.

I understand the egos and ect... But what's your point? BF reached out to a coach WITH a job in DeBoer but couldn't do the same with Caruso to gage his interest?

Preach it brother....I'm with ya.

Just makes no sense...no call to Caruso? He is at a minimum on the same level as DeBoer as a candidate IMO. BF has this "vast network", is a great leader and visionary from what some say but he poaches the DC and OC from Lennon's staff as his 2 finalists?? Heck I could have done that by yesterday. BF must have a man crush for DeBoer or there really wasn't much of a search to speak of...or this program has fallen so far that anyone on BF's short list said "no thanks".

• Upvote 2