SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

This hire with assess Faison's competence as AD in my opinion.

I like DeBoer as a HC, but after all this delay if someone is hired off of the original list, I would be dissapointed. I have given Faison the benefit of the doubt but there is no excuse for this unless it is a surprise hire. I will withhold my judgment until the hire is announced.

How many of you are putting trust in Faison???? Non ND guy that helped the FIGHTING SIOUX name go away. Poor hire, fire him!!!!!

To put the loss of the Sioux name on him is ignorant IMHO. He has done a great job and made some good hires here. That being said, a lot of his legacy will depend on this hire

• Upvote 1

I checked out the SIU board, and only found one post mentioning that Bubba had applied here, and none saying that DeBoer had. But if you want to read page after page about how Lennon should be fired, you'll be in luck.

Bring SIU staff to UND; save franchise?

That should get 'em rollin' at the SIU board. :D

In my opinion, your claims are unrealistic and biased. There's only so much a head football coach can do on and off a campus. Yes, there are programs that could've been initiated to try and combat the issue at hand, but even that is no guarantee to work. For example, education programs on sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), such as AIDS, have nationally existed now for decades and STDs are certainly still a problem. Albeit STD transmission is not always associated with a crime, the same principal exists in that education problems do not lead to entire eradication.

I hope you are just trying to make sense of why Pflugrad is not being considered at UND, or taking the stance you are taking for argument's sake, because otherwise you are shining an unnecessary, wrongful light on Pflugrad. There's only so much a coach can do. By no means did Pflugrad meaningly promote asexual assault or compliance incoherence. Some things are out of people's hands, whether you like to believe or not. In my opinion, Pflugrad deserves a second chance and it should be with UND. With that said, I don't think he ends up here.

Of course all sexual assaults can't be stopped; however, that doesn't mean a college and its programs aren't obligated to deal with them in the most effective manner and to do what they can to prevent them. Title IX requires it. If students file complaints with the federal government schools are sued and held financially responsible. So the question that always needs to be asked when sexual assaults occurre is how were they handled and what did the school do to prevent them from occurring. You might not like it, but that is the legal framework a school has to operate within. As far as I can tell, Pflugrad didn't do a particularly good job handling the issue, and I haven't seen anything from him that suggests that he would do anything different if a similar event occurred. Absent that a college would be putting itself at risk if they hired him.

To put the loss of the Sioux name on him is ignorant IMHO. He has done a great job and made some good hires here. That being said, a lot of his legacy will depend on this hire

I asked this before because I don't know, but what are Faison's great hires? Reason I ask is because I have read this comment before.

I asked this before because I don't know, but what are Faison's great hires? Reason I ask is because I have read this comment before.

I base that on Hardee, who we all know turned around the volleyball program. I don't place blame on him for the recent event as he had no way of for seeing that event. He also handled it quite well in my opinion.

He has already directly lead 1 program being turned around and I have given him the benefit of the doubt because of that. Hopefully there are similar results this time.

He also hired the new Women's Soccer coach (first season was this year). I also believe he hired the Idalski (Women's Hockey), Jeff Dodson (Men's Baseball), and the softball coach.

I don't know about results based but I work with a couple parents of athletes on the swimming and diving team and they are very impressed with their new coach and some of the changes there.