SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Hearing deicison will be made tom morning.

Having a hard time believing this unless it was someone who's application was turned in a while ago. I would assume a formal interview would be required and I doubt that can be done unless an official application has been submitted. But Faison knows the process better than the rest of us and a "formal" interview could be done over the phone.

I think that Andrus should be on that list somewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if Mills or Tuitele got a little bit more of a look. Would like Hoffner to be looked at for OC.

Stephen Axman's name hasn't go much play, but he has some Big Sky ties, including head coach of NAU from 1990-1997.

Mike Bath appears to be an up-and-comer though much of his experience is with Miami (OH) so not sure on how well he could fill out a staff. But reading about him, he is young, driven and pretty dedicated. Makes my list but would guess he would go back to Miami in heartbeat.

Michael Kelly is also intriguing.

is Axman really coaching in Serbia?

Here is what I am hearing, keep in mind, this is unofficial:

The new coach will be a hologram of Vince Lombardi. Play calling will be exclusively fan based. Each fan will have a video game like controller, and will choose plays, like one would in madden football. The most popular play will be sent into the offense and defense by the Lombardi hologram.

Interesting that Faison went in this direction.

is Axman really coaching in Serbia?

The only thing I can find recently is that he was an assistant coach at Simon Fraser (Canada) this past year. Not much info on him since he retired from Idaho in 2011. He does have quite a few books on football relating to the offensive side of the ball.

"Our opponents we'll outdo!! If we hire Rob Pflu!!!"

"You have to go with Pflu!, for the team that was the Sioux!"

I've resorted to chanting at this point... I hope it ends soon for my sanity. I've have to think Faison was a pretty good idea which direction he's going, he's had a decent while to think about it.

Of the people that have applied, I think only Pflugrad and Cummings would get me excited. Bubba and Dewitt would be acceptable. I think anyone else would be questionable, but I'd keep an open mind. Still kind of hoping there will be someone new that applies and gets hired.

I am really not excited about one person on the list. But I trust Faison and even if the name isn't a sexy pick I believe that it will work out just fine.

I think it was a very real possibility that it wasn't going to be a "sexy pick" unless Tibesar or Bollinger or someone along those lines would have applied and I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. At this level, it usually isn't going to be something like that. Faison has proven to have a pretty good eye for hires in the past, lets hope he can do it again.