SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux hockey on Gameday

bigskyvikes

All of that plus the announcers talked about and I quote "Fighting Sioux hockey" Said "they have quite the hockey program up there, and they have the highest paid coach in the state of ND and beyond" The crowd booed and then they caught themselves and said "but the Bison (over emphasized because they are afraid of saying bicen) have quite the football program" then blah blah blah......

I'm glad I seen and heard it, was cool!

All of that plus the announcers talked about and I quote "Fighting Sioux hockey" Said "they have quite the hockey program up there, and they have the highest paid coach in the state of ND and beyond" The crowd booed and then they caught themselves and said "but the Bison (over emphasized because they are afraid of saying bicen) have quite the football program" then blah blah blah......

I'm glad that they gave both universities some love. Even Concordia had its moment.
  • Upvote 1

I don't get the pronunciation controversy. I went to high school in small town ND with some kids that went there and it was Bison, 's' sound.

Was nice to see the flag there. I have some Bison buddies that were wondering why the person who put the flag there didn't show their face. I told them that Fargo law enforcement wouldn't do anything to punish anybody with NDSU ties if they hurt the person, so I would probably hide too.

But the Gameday guys were also saying that it's a travesty Hakstol gets paid more than Bohl, made fun of people for caring about hockey up here and started a "Tear it down" chant about the UND flags.

Hakstol should get paid more. He develops professional athletes, highly drafted, and the best at their positions in North America if not the world. And his office sits in the nicest hockey facility in the United States if not the world.

They did liken the Fargo Dome to a hockey arena....I'm sure bisonville almost blew up after that one.

Hakstol should get paid more. He develops professional athletes, highly drafted, and the best at their positions in North America if not the world. And his office sits in the nicest hockey facility in the United States if not the world.

They did liken the Fargo Dome to a hockey arena....I'm sure bisonville almost blew up after that one.

17+ home games at 11,500 seats... vs...about 7 (figuring playoffs...) for the Beye-sun at 18,000...figuring the tickets cost the same...(which, I honestly think UND's hockey games cost more...) well, Hackstol's team bring in much more $$$.

Of course Hak should get paid more...

BTW, remember when George Bush the first used to call Saddam Hussein, "Sah-dum"... I heard he did it on purpose because that pronunciation means something in their language that isn't nice...

Beye-sun.. Wonder what that means in Lakota?

But the Gameday guys were also saying that it's a travesty Hakstol gets paid more than Bohl, made fun of people for caring about hockey up here and started a "Tear it down" chant about the UND flags.

Don't reply to this because it is all lies! So sad what a loser fan base says while hiding behind a keyboard.....

Yeah, come on Adam, you're better than this stupid comment. This isn't GPL where you can say anything you want without the B.S. meter coming out...

Edited by Goon
  • Upvote 1