SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Green shades. Now, that's funny... :lol: So what do you guys suggest?

So, I am going to on record and say this. Mafia Man says UND's going to the NCHC championship. I say that UND's going to the NCAA's this season.

take the 2010-2011 team and use that as a blueprint for the types of players you need to fit hak's system and recruit those types of players. this team isn't physical or tough enough to play that type of game. just don't recruit a kid because he has 100 points in the bchl.

Green shades. Now, that's funny... :lol: So what do you guys suggest? Fire Hakstol? Write a check, it's going to take over a million to get a new coach. Just saying. The University is going to be on the hook for 150,000.00 for a football coach. Not going to happen, even if they have a losing season this year. UND isn't going to fire him. Hak is the only active division I coach never to have a losing season in every year that he's coached.

So, I am going to on record and say this. Mafia Man says UND's going to the NCHC championship. I say that UND's going to the NCAA's this season. Hey, lets go, tell me I am wrong. I have seen improvement over the last four games. After losing four in a row, they have gone 2-1 in their last three games... Last I checked that's a winning record. Right?

You know that I am not on the "Fire Hakstol" bandwagon. But it is fair to point out what is wrong with the team right now. And that is all we are doing.

• Upvote 1

You know that I am not on the "Fire Hakstol" bandwagon. But it is fair to point out what is wrong with the team right now. And that is all we are doing.

No, that's all YOU are doing...and that's fine. I bet 2/3 of gfhockey's post count contains the words 'fire Hak' or, in his case, since his cell phone apparently doesn't have an upper-case button, 'fire hak'.

• Upvote 1

No, that's all YOU are doing...and that's fine. I bet 2/3 of gfhockey's post count contains the words 'fire Hak' or, in his case, since his cell phone apparently doesn't have an upper-case button, 'fire hak'.

Good point. I guess I am at the point where I ignore 2/3rds of gfhockey's posts. You can't understand half of them anyway.

take the 2010-2011 team and use that as a blueprint for the types of players you need to fit hak's system and recruit those types of players. this team isn't physical or tough enough to play that type of game. just don't recruit a kid because he has 100 points in the bchl.

Who are these mystery players that scored 100 points in the BCHL? I went through the roster for this year and last year, the closest I could find were the Macmillan brothers. The year they played on the same line Mitch had 93 points and Mark had 80. No one else scored that many points in any league for a season.

Good point. I guess I am at the point where I ignore 2/3rds of gfhockey's posts. You can't understand half of them anyway.

I believe on another thread quite some time ago, you and I both expressed frustration over failing to carry the puck into the zone in the Michigan semi-final game a few years ago. Then we got to watch UMD figure that out a day later in the title game. I do agree with your criticisms at times...especially when it seems to be 'if it doesn't work in the first or second period, we'll just try the same exact thing in the third.'

Who are these mystery players that scored 100 points in the BCHL? I went through the roster for this year and last year, the closest I could find were the Macmillan brothers. The year they played on the same line Mitch had 93 points and Mark had 80. No one else scored that many points in any league for a season.

it was a bit of an exaggeration, but it seems like we get all these kids who put up gaudy numbers that don't translate here.

it was a bit of an exaggeration, but it seems like we get all these kids who put up gaudy numbers that don't translate here.

They don't translate because there is less scoring in college hockey than in some of the junior leagues. Plus they play a lot more games in the junior leagues so the number of points adds up. The MacMillan brothers played 59 games the year they scored so many points. Most of the top top college teams have several players that scored 60 or more points in a junior season and not many score that many points in a season in college. Last year 5 players in NCAA Division I scored 60 or more and 2 more scored 59. Danny Kristo was one of the 5.

You know I understand that. :) I know bud, were good. All this negativity sucks...

Hmnnnn...for all the doomsday preppers on this site whining about last week's performance in Omaha, maybe the Mavericks aren't as bad as originally thought?

Or should Red Berenson have been fired 10 minutes after last night's game ended?

Wait a minute here. So, maybe then UND isn't that bad.... They beat UNO, who beat Michigan. They beat UMD, who beat Notre Dame, who also beat Minnesota.

Wait a minute here. So, maybe then UND isn't that bad.... They beat UNO, who beat Michigan. They beat UMD, who beat Notre Dame, who also beat Minnesota.

Parity doesn't matter, Goon. Some folks here still think the Dickinson Squirt C team would smoke North Dakota.

Props to the Chargers for playing what sounded like a hard-fought 4-3 game last night...hot on the heels of the 10-0 thrashing they received on Friday.

I believe they've lost 4 of their 5 Saturday night games by one goal. They haven't showed up well in the first game of a series all year but Coach Corbett has them making adjustments.

Here's a better one from the resident genius.

Scott Hamilton@hammyhockey15 Nov

UAH is an embarrassment to college hockey. A terrible team.

I bet the fans in Huntsville that had to fight to save their program would love his comments.

This guy is one of the worst college hockey hate merchants on the internet.

Penalty Kill: Totals SHF PCT

1 Miami 18/ 19 0 94.7

2 St. Cloud State 10/ 11 0 90.9

3 Denver 28/ 31 0 90.3

4 Colorado College 22/ 25 0 88.0

5 Western Michigan 17/ 20 0 85.0

6 North Dakota 27/ 32 1 84.4

7 Minnesota Duluth 18/ 22 0 81.8

8 Nebraska Omaha 14/ 18 0 77.8

Scoring Offense: Games Goals G/GM

1 Minnesota Duluth 4 14 3.50

2 Nebraska Omaha 4 12 3.00