SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

Different year, different coach, saaaaame old Vikings.

The franchise is going in the right direction, but they aren't quite there yet. The offensive line needs some serious upgrades in talent in the 2016 draft. They probably need to think about finding an eventual replacement for Peterson, who won't be around forever. A couple more wide receivers wouldn't hurt either.

This team is getting better each year (5-10-1 in 2013; 7-9 in 2014; 7-3 so far in 2015). Spielman is drafting good and Zimmer is the best coach we've had since Grant (sorry, but Burns, Green, Tice, Childress and Frazier didn't do much for me). This season is also not over yet. I am still on the bandwagon and will always be. Skol Vikings!

I'm optimistic about the Vikings

But I hate losing especially to the Packers

If Teddy really gets hurt this team has no chance

The D is improved but failed to stop the run or pass

& kicking is something I hate ...to depend on

I'm optimistic about the Vikings

But I hate losing especially to the Packers

If Teddy really gets hurt this team has no chance

The D is improved but failed to stop the run or pass

& kicking is something I hate ...to depend on

The D is on the field way too much. Eventually, they get worn down. Even after today, the D is one of the top five units in the league. And some of those young guys are going to get better with more game experience. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will this team.

• 2 weeks later...

Vikings have not played well today at all but man this officiating is the worst I have ever seen. Wonder if this crew has some previous history and is holding something against the Vikings/Zimmer.

when you're getting beat 38-7, pretty sure you have bigger problems than the stripes

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Anyone still doubt Teddy ?

I believe he was the ONLY starting QB coming into this week that didn't have multiple games with multiple passing TD's. Has looked good today and easily his best game to date........but it is just one game. 

When Teddy gets a little time he is very good and definitely a starting caliber NFL QB. The problem is he has been playing behind a OL that has been pretty bad in pass protection sending him running for his life quite a bit this year and Diggs is the only WR you can count on to win 1-on-1 battles consistently. I like Teddy a lot right now and he will continue to get better with better protection and better weapons. I also think at times Turner gets too conservative with Teddy and could open it up a little more but a pretty big part of that is probably on the struggling OL.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

When Teddy gets a little time he is very good and definitely a starting caliber NFL QB. The problem is he has been playing behind a OL that has been pretty bad in pass protection sending him running for his life quite a bit this year and Diggs is the only WR you can count on to win 1-on-1 battles consistently. I like Teddy a lot right now and he will continue to get better with better protection and better weapons. I also think at times Turner gets too conservative with Teddy and could open it up a little more but a pretty big part of that is probably on the struggling OL.

The lack of quality WRs hurts too. If we can get a couple of tall, physical WRs to stretch the field, that will open up holes for AP and some underneath stuff in the passing game. The 2016 Draft will be important for putting those last pieces of the puzzle in place.

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Can't get too excited about the vikings...I mean they were playing the Bears for chrissakes...

The Vikings are winning the games they are supposed to win (against bad teams) and are staying competitive(minus the Seattle game) in games they are losing.  They are a good not great team.  To be great, they need to start by winning next weekend and winning at Lambeau to win the division.  That is the first step.  Knock off a team that they aren't supposed to beat in the playoffs is next.  Teddy made some huge strides yesterday.  Now he just needs to be consistent.  If he plays like he did the last 2 games in the next 2 games, get ready to hang the division banner and host a game in the playoffs!!

• Upvote 1