SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU Predictions

UND Fan

Point is if you think UND's offense is "mediocre"...how would you classify NDSU's or for that matter most of the MVC teams???

I have watched enough FCS FB as well as SU FB to understand SU's success as of late has been inspite of it's offense.

NDSU's offense does fine when it needs to. When you have a good defense, their is a lot less urgency to score. You can patiently wait for the defense to give you good field position.

That said, tough to compare two offenses with two completely different mentalities playing two different sets of opponents with two completely different defensive units to compliment them.

Should be a fun game to keep tabs on up in Grand Forks this weekend.

NDSU's offense can't be considered a juggernaut, they are comparable to the offenses Baltimore had when their defense was in it's prime...play great defense and win the field position battle, pound the ball down peoples throats and throw when you have to or to keep them honest.

There's been better offenses in FCS than NDSU but no better defense by far, and they've built their team as such. They don't need to throw the ball around or use gadget plays, if they don't get a first down...screw it, we'll get it back in a minute anyway.

Every team wishes they had that option.

• Upvote 1

This...^^^^^^

You swap defenses on the 2 teams last season and UND averages 40+ PPG and NDSU around 24-27 PPG. It would be about a TD swing in both directions IMO. That tells you how good and bad both defenses were last year.

Why do you keep trying to bring NDSU into this? I was strictly talking about UND's offense. Someone said that they are mediocre. The stats may make it look like UND's offense is spectactular, but against playoff caliber opponents, they have been anything but spectacular.

Why do you keep trying to bring NDSU into this? I was strictly talking about UND's offense. Someone said that they are mediocre. The stats may make it look like UND's offense is spectactular, but against playoff caliber opponents, they have been anything but spectacular.

Stats make both ND schools look compariable offensively. Plain and simple.

Stats make both ND schools look compariable offensively. Plain and simple.

Yes they did last year. Stats can be very deceiving... Nice work avoiding the original comment that was made. Someone said that UND's offense is mediocre, which you seem to disagree with. I would also disagree with that, IF you are looking at their games vs non-playoff quality opponents. However, against playoff-quality opponents (which SDSU likely is), UND's offense was mediocre at best... Why do you keep bringing NDSU into this?

Yes they did last year. Stats can be very deceiving... Nice work avoiding the original comment that was made. Someone said that UND's offense is mediocre, which you seem to disagree with. I would also disagree with that, IF you are looking at their games vs non-playoff quality opponents. However, against playoff-quality opponents (which SDSU likely is), UND's offense was mediocre at best... Why do you keep bringing NDSU into this?

I didn't bring SU in to this. One of your SU trolling posters did. Both team averaged 33 PPG last season and UND scored a ton vs. a poor Valpo team. I'm just calling out the "mediocre" comment. Stats are deceiving especially when you spin them as you want. I wouldn't consider either ND school's offense mediocre, but SU's stellar D helps out their offense more than UND's...at least the past couple years.

Now UND could score 31 tomorrow and win or lose but anything less than 24 points won't give them a chance IMO.

As in most games, winning the turnover margin will probably result in a W tomorrow too as will running the ball and stopping the run (to some extent).

I'll stick with my original pick...31-27 UND.

If you go back and look your the one who brought up the UND vs. FU PPG comparison.

How does the RB from SDSU compare to the RB from SanDSU last year? I remember them having a really tough RB and we played them really tough!

Our offense played them tough and put up points; our defense on the other hand was about as porous as a defense could be. Anyway, we couldn’t tackle their RBs to save our life. Zenner is probably just as good as those RBs were. Best RB we played last year, though, was Zach Bauman from Northern Arizona.

I didn't bring SU in to this. One of your SU trolling posters did. Both team averaged 33 PPG last season and UND scored a ton vs. a poor Valpo team. I'm just calling out the "mediocre" comment. Stats are deceiving especially when you spin them as you want. I wouldn't consider either ND school's offense mediocre, but SU's stellar D helps out their offense more than UND's...at least the past couple years.

You must be talking about a Bison intrasquad scrimmage.

This was the first post mentioning anything about NDSU/Bison/FU/etc. (post #26)

Point is if you think UND's offense is "mediocre"...how would you classify NDSU's or for that matter most of the MVC teams???

I have watched enough FCS FB as well as SU FB to understand SU's success as of late has been inspite of it's offense.

This is the second post mentioning anything about NDSU/Bison/SU/FU/etc. (post #32)

This was the first post mentioning anything about NDSU/Bison/FU/etc. (post #26)

This is the second post mentioning anything about NDSU/Bison/SU/FU/etc. (post #32)

I guess I did...must be NC envy...especially when a team can pull it off twice with a mediocre offense.

So who will lead each team in receiving yards?

Who wins the turnover battle?

Who leads UND in rushing yards?

Who leads each team in tackles?

Which team gets more sacks/tfl?

Over/under 10500 in attendance?

Really disappointing if not over 10500.

I think the game could get very ugly very fast if the tackling isn't somewhat decent. However, I am hopeful that Kotelnicki has improved the tackling enough to at least not embarrass UND. Im gonna go out on a limb anyway since I find it impossible to pick against UND... UND: 38 SDSU 28.... :0 .. also I would think that since SDSU is a straight shot down interstate and this is sort of a rivalry renewed, that the attendance would easily exceed 11,000.. but it all depends on the students.

I think the game could get very ugly very fast if the tackling isn't somewhat decent. However, I am hopeful that Kotelnicki has improved the tackling enough to at least not embarrass UND. Im gonna go out on a limb anyway since I find it impossible to pick against UND... UND: 38 SDSU 28.... :0 .. also I would think that since SDSU is a straight shot down interstate and this is sort of a rivalry renewed, that the attendance would easily exceed 11,000.. but it all depends on the students.

From what I read from the NoDak Nation page, there were 350 free tickets left in the student section as of Friday morning. So I expect those to be gone by Saturday and be full