SiouxSports.com Forum

Lets change the goal song

theisdog

I'd personally like it if the pep band played more during the breaks. I know they need a break once in a while because with period breaks and everything they're basically playing for three consecutive hours. It would eliminate some of those crappy songs that they fill the time between faceoffs.

Yeah, but there's times where "Enter Sandman" or the guitar intro to "machine head" before a PK / PP faceoff makes the hair on the back of neck stand up

Yeah, but there's times where "Enter Sandman" or the guitar intro to "machine head" before a PK / PP faceoff makes the hair on the back of neck stand up

I've always liked 'Hey Man Nice Shot' by Filter...good stuff.

• Upvote 1

It would appear that no one remembers a time where we didn't have REA, and that when we scored- Stand Up and Cheer was played. Are you saying that we as fans then are valued less because we liked singing the words to Stand Up and Cheer after a goal? I'm a fan of a college atmosphere. I love The Ralph, it is great, it is beautiful and there is nothing like it in the world. But gone is the creativity of random chants- now we are waiting to be prompted by a video board or from canned music is the norm. I've realized the ship has sailed. To me, when I want a little nostalgia, I try to get to Yost Arena. Not that I'm a Michigan fan, in fact I loath the Wolverines but that is a "College" atmosphere. Change happens, Sioux Hockey is in a different place now and that's good too.

It would appear that no one remembers a time where we didn't have REA, and that when we scored- Stand Up and Cheer was played. Are you saying that we as fans then are valued less because we liked singing the words to Stand Up and Cheer after a goal? I'm a fan of a college atmosphere. I love The Ralph, it is great, it is beautiful and there is nothing like it in the world. But gone is the creativity of random chants- now we are waiting to be prompted by a video board or from canned music is the norm. I've realized the ship has sailed. To me, when I want a little nostalgia, I try to get to Yost Arena. Not that I'm a Michigan fan, in fact I loath the Wolverines but that is a "College" atmosphere. Change happens, Sioux Hockey is in a different place now and that's good too.

Are you from that area? Have you been to many games at Yost? Talk about a FABULOUS college hockey atmosphere. 8,000 fans singing "Hail to the Victors" gets LOUD in that building.

I've only been there twice (v. Ferris State and v. Lake Superior St), to visit a friend and his wife. They live and work in Ann Arbor. I just smiled the whole time, I had a great time, because it's just hard to imagine just how much fun everyone is having. As most on here know, I skew towards being a stronger basketball fan. But I enjoy hockey very much as well and go to most games when my schedule permits too. Frankly, I follow all sports at UND passionately. First and foremost I enjoy college sports far more than the professional sports, partly because of the atmospheres, and I always enjoy getting to see how other schools do it- and Michigan Hockey at Yost, stands out to me more than most. To me they really exhibit a great college atmosphere.

I don't recall it happening more than just the last few years, but then again I only attend 1 home series a year. I don't recall it going on that long, however.

Personally, I actually think it's a cool think to do, but I'm not a big fan since it's an obvious rip-off. Just like I don't like goofer fans yelling home of the "gophers" at the end of the banner.

And I don't like Sioux fans doing the "1 minute left in the period" "thank you!" thing. Another cool thing, but it was someone else's idea.

Everyone should do their own things.

• Upvote 1

Personally, I actually think it's a cool think to do, but I'm not a big fan since it's an obvious rip-off. Just like I don't like goofer fans yelling home of the "gophers" at the end of the banner.

Right on. M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A has always belonged to Minnesota just like 'home of the SIOUX' has always belonged to North Dakota.

I was honestly surprised at how many Gopher fans at last year's Final Five yelled out 'Gophers' at the end of the national anthem...get your own material.

• Upvote 1

Right on. M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A has always belonged to Minnesota just like 'home of the SIOUX' has always belonged to North Dakota.

I was honestly surprised at how many Gopher fans at last year's Final Five yelled out 'Gophers' at the end of the national anthem...get your own material.

I was too. It's not really said in Mariucci, so I'd assume drunk people were doing it to try drown out the SIOUX at the end?

I agree that Chelsea Dagger has to go. It's a direct rip off of the Blackhawks. Anyone with a brain knows that.

How goes it Mafia? Been working 70 hour weeks and was in San Antonio so I haven't been on here in awhile. I'm sure you missed me :lol:

I was too. It's not really said in Mariucci, so I'd assume drunk people were doing it to try drown out the SIOUX at the end?

I agree that Chelsea Dagger has to go. It's a direct rip off of the Blackhawks. Anyone with a brain knows that.

How goes it Mafia? Been working 70 hour weeks and was in San Antonio so I haven't been on here in awhile. I'm sure you missed me :lol:

Livin' the dream, GFG, livin' the dream. Welcome back.