SiouxSports.com Forum

MafiaMan Offseason Forum Page

Blackheart

Also posted in non-college sports but since I have my own personal thread, why not here too?

Outdoor games...have these things totally jumped the shark or what? I can't even keep track of how many college and NHL outdoor games there are coming up this season and next season.

BTW, nice comment by Lou Nanne at the announcement of the Minnesota vs Ohio State game...something to the effect of how he could not believe that Minnesota hasn't hosted an outdoor game yet since this fad started. Gee, Lou, where were they going to hold an outdoor game in Minneapolis/St Paul in the past few years prior to the opening of Target Field and TCF Bank Stadium?

One NHL game on New Year's Day is plenty...heck, make it two and play one in Canada. But Minnesota women vs Minnesota State Mankato? Really?

Also posted in non-college sports but since I have my own personal thread, why not here too?

Outdoor games...have these things totally jumped the shark or what? I can't even keep track of how many college and NHL outdoor games there are coming up this season and next season.

BTW, nice comment by Lou Nanne at the announcement of the Minnesota vs Ohio State game...something to the effect of how he could not believe that Minnesota hasn't hosted an outdoor game yet since this fad started. Gee, Lou, where were they going to hold an outdoor game in Minneapolis/St Paul in the past few years prior to the opening of Target Field and TCF Bank Stadium?

One NHL game on New Year's Day is plenty...heck, make it two and play one in Canada. But Minnesota women vs Minnesota State Mankato? Really?

Ohh come on. Think of the number of Ohio State fans that will be at that game. Its gonna be nuts. Hopefully enough Minnesota fans will get in to make it a home type atmosphere for Minnesota.

very much bored with outdoor hockey games. Ok for TV, but I can't imagine attending in person. I know that UND fans had an excellent experience in Omaha last year, and I'm glad they were dedicated enough to support the team like they did. But the experience of watching an outdoor hockey game just seems like it would be lacking. Too far from the ice.

• Upvote 1

very much bored with outdoor hockey games.

2/13/11 Whalers Hockey Fest @ Renschler Field in East Hartford: UConn women vs Providence attendance: 153

1/10/12 Frozen Fenway @ Fenway Park in Boston: Providence women vs Dartmouth attendance: 641

Looks like the Gopher women vs Mankato will be SHATTERING women's attendance records at TCF Bank Stadium! :lol:

2/13/11 Whalers Hockey Fest @ Renschler Field in East Hartford: UConn women vs Providence attendance: 153

1/10/12 Frozen Fenway @ Fenway Park in Boston: Providence women vs Dartmouth attendance: 641

Looks like the Gopher women vs Mankato will be SHATTERING women's attendance records at TCF Bank Stadium! :lol:

Maybe...

• 2 weeks later...

I put this in the UND Nickname forum, but wanted to also put it here. I figured MafiaMan would have something to say! Actually, this is a very interesting article. I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be picking at old wounds...

Have the people spoken?

I need time to put together my thoughts, but there will be a response.

I used an old argument a while back on a friend of mine who was tired of the Notre Dame logo being compared with the Sioux logo and how it couldn't be racist because it's a fictional character. I asked him if UND received permission from Notre Dame to use the same logo but colored his face a darker shade, what his thoughts would be. He immediately replied that it WOULD be racist, at which point I reminded him that the logo with a white face isn't racist because it's a fictional character. He looked puzzled...

And even though an Annenberg Public Policy Center poll found that 90 percent of Native Americans were not offended by the Redskins name, and even though linguists say the "redskins" word was first used by Native Americans themselves, and even though nobody on the Blackfeet side of my wife's family has ever had someone insult them with the word "redskin," it doesn't matter. There's no stopping a wave of PC-ness when it gets rolling.

Interesting.

• 1 month later...

I know it's not the off-season anymore, but I'm bored and wanted to post in my own personal thread...

Not the greatest video quality, but, dang, I can't believe Michigan pulled this rabbit out of the field goal hat this past weekend...note the holder sliding in at the last-second to receive the snap...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VouvJB_mOYE

Sprig's sausage that he brought from western ND was good. I don't remember the Butcher he got it from, but that was good.

Hey, I mixed, stuffed, and smoked it. Comes from the grocery store in Crosby. With the oil bus. up there we've had sausage hauled and shipped all over the country. All of our fresh meat pull gets stripped for jerky or ground for sausage, nothing thrown away. Some of those guy haul off 5-600 bucks worth when they go south for a visit home. Sent a boatload to Texas with some truckers a couple weeks ago. They thought it was better than the Texas sausage they buy down there.

http://ekness-supervalu.com/

My sausage always goes with me, at least according to mafia

• Upvote 1

Hey, I mixed, stuffed, and smoked it. Comes from the grocery store in Crosby. With the oil bus. up there we've had sausage hauled and shipped all over the country. All of our fresh meat pull gets stripped for jerky or ground for sausage, nothing thrown away. Some of those guy haul off 5-600 bucks worth when they go south for a visit home. Sent a boatload to Texas with some truckers a couple weeks ago. They thought it was better than the Texas sausage they buy down there.

http://ekness-supervalu.com/

My sausage always goes with me, at least according to mafia

I will take some Tangy Jalapeno Cheddar Summer Sausage and Jalapeno Cheddar beef sticks, and Turkey Jalapeno Cheddar Summer Sausage. I am big fans of Jalapeno's.