SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs Yale - NCAA 2nd Round

AZSIOUX

Obviously Gothberg back in goal tomorrow. I don't know if we can get Panzerella in there for Mattson or not, but he and Gleason were below average tonight. O'Donnell can't be a top line winger tomorrow, just go with Rocco to start with. Play with the same intensity as the 3rd and we will roll tomorrow. 3 more wins.

anyone watch the game at the ralph today?

wondering if its worth going tomorrow

I did. The scoreboard was lowered to provide a better sightline. They played the goal horn and Chelsea Dagger, as well as pregame videos. Fairly small crowd but it was loud.

$3 hot dogs, draft beers and dippin dots.

I did. The scoreboard was lowered to provide a better sightline. They played the goal horn and Chelsea Dagger, as well as pregame videos. Fairly small crowd but it was loud.

$3 hot dogs, draft beers and dippin dots.

Were the beers shot glass size?

Three wins.....just three wins.....

One win...just one win.

Obviously the seniors remember the lack of respect shown to Yale three years ago. The rest of the team should now understand that a giant M or the words NORTH DAKOTA sewn on hockey jerseys don't intimidate anyone, especially Yale.

Expect another gritty tough game today...and maybe, just maybe, this team can take its fans on a Frozen Four ride...

• Upvote 2

One win...just one win.

Obviously the seniors remember the lack of respect shown to Yale three years ago. The rest of the team should now understand that a giant M or the words NORTH DAKOTA sewn on hockey jerseys don't intimidate anyone, especially Yale.

Expect another gritty tough game today...and maybe, just maybe, this team can take its fans on a Frozen Four ride...

Good post.

You can't underestimate any team that beat the Gophers this year. I"m glad Goldy is gone, but Yale plays an intense game. UND needs to focus, play that third period game from yesterday for all three. Going to the Frozen Four is NOT a given.

Thought UND controlled play yesterday for early half of first then Niagara pushed back. 3rd period was evident how this team must play for 3 periods to win today. Can't let Yale hang around like NU did. Hak needs to put his best 3 lines together from the start of the puck. KKG RMP and Pattyns line from CC. At some point got to get 1st goal to get some early Mo.

I get a feeling this team might have taken a step in the right direction yesterday. I, like many one here, hope OD does not see the bench. Simpson has to play within himself. I have a feeling the penalties he is having are because of forcing the play and not playing within himself. I was not disappointed in Gothbergs play, although I was always asking, when is the soft goal going to come. If he plays well again today and the team puts the puck on the net, they will win. LETS GO SIOUX!!!

I, like many one here, hope OD does not see the bench.

Doesn't?? Please explain why. If you are top line guy and your team is down 1 going into the 3rd in a must win scenario and you don't get a sniff of ice time in that final period...what's the rationale? Not saying he needs to be benched but this line combo isn't, hasn't and IMO won't work going forward.

I have no problem with OD playing. No problem at all with Gleason in the line up as well. Whatever lineup the coaches decide on today is the one that I am going to be cheering my ass off for come drop of the puck. Every player on that roster works their ass off and I have no doubt that they play a full 60 plus any additional extra time it takes to get it done. GO SIOUX!!!!

• Upvote 1

Blind faith in the coaches makes for boring conversation...

I liked the idea of the lines that were out there to start the game, unfortunately OD just can't get it done.

The Rowney, Cags, Rocco line looked really good to start the game- lots of energy and some chances.

When OD is out with Knight and Kristo we might as well be on the pk. I actually feel badly for the kid- he's just been ineffective.

We had two really good chance that should've been goals too. The 3-1, if Rowney just passes to Rocco its a goal- well maybe not the way Rocco's snakebitten. But really, that is a one or two pass goal for sure. The other one was Rocco's wraparound that actually went tthrough the entire crease.

At this point, you take the "Mo" from the come from behind win and keep Rocco up top and keep RPM together. Third line is Pattyn, Cags and St Clair. Fourth line Gaarder, Rodwell and Mitch Mac if you ask me.