SiouxSports.com Forum

FINAL 5 - One last Party in St. Paul

AZSIOUX

Friday night isn't sold out, but it's close. There are no side by side tickets left but there are singles available. Standing room onlyl has sold out as have ALL of the less expensive tickets. There are pairs on Stubhub for $60+ each but they ship UPS and I only like to buy Electric Download from there.

If the sioux win those stubhub seats will go up in price...

Via Facebook, the UND Alumni Association will once again host a pregame party at Patrick McGovern's Pub.

UND Fans headed to the Final Five tomorrow, be sure to check out the University of North Dakota Alumni Association pre-game at Patrick McGovern's Pub starting at 4pm. All UND alumni, family and friends are invited to attend this free event with cash bars, a full restaurant, DJ's and much more! We hope to see you this weekend as we flood the streets of St. Paul in UND green!

Patrick McGovern's is fantastic. I've never had a bad meal there and the service has always been good no matter how busy. I'll miss it next year when the NCHC tourney is in downtown Minneapolis.

Via Facebook, the UND Alumni Association will once again host a pregame party at Patrick McGovern's Pub.

Patrick McGovern's is fantastic. I've never had a bad meal there and the service has always been good no matter how busy. I'll miss it next year when the NCHC tourney is in downtown Minneapolis.

Agreed! The Sioux tent there is awesome!

As far as I know they've never started a Final Five as early as March 14, which would've happened this year if it was your so-called "normal" time. This year it's just a result of the calendar lining up this way. Most tourneys get into the March 20s.

See 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, etc.

It is a HUGE blessing that it isn't during St Patty's day, in my opinion. There will still be TONS of people around, but you will be able to move and actually get a drink. The UND tent at McGoverns will actually be the UND tent, not the St Patty's drunk crowd fire code violation tent like it was last year.

It is a HUGE blessing that it isn't during St Patty's day, in my opinion. There will still be TONS of people around, but you will be able to move and actually get a drink. The UND tent at McGoverns will actually be the UND tent, not the St Patty's drunk crowd fire code violation tent like it was last year.

You are not alone in that opinion. There are two things that don't go well together in downtown St Paul on St Patrick's Day...and I'm not talking alcohol and getting behind the wheel of a car. I'm talking alcohol and any fan wearing a maroon and gold jersey. Nothing brings out first-class pricks like Gopher fans pounding down beers and their team losing a hockey game...unless it's their team WINNING a hockey game.

You are not alone in that opinion. There are two things that don't go well together in downtown St Paul on St Patrick's Day...and I'm not talking alcohol and getting behind the wheel of a car. I'm talking alcohol and any fan wearing a maroon and gold jersey. Nothing brings out first-class pricks like Gopher fans pounding down beers and their team losing a hockey game...unless it's their team WINNING a hockey game.

This is hardly exclusive to the Gopher fanbase.

So true...never seen such a bunch of whiners.

I know PLENTY of St Paul cops who work the Final Five who say the easiest time they have EVER had working the Final Five...was the one where Gopher fans were home watching it on TV.

There were two years, right? AA beat them one year, and UND beat them the other year. I agree, those were two nice years!