SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. MICHIGAN TECH - Friday Game 1

AZSIOUX

I like that too. Nice recruiting pitch...a message to Northern Michigan and Lake Superior Sate.

Has anyone noticed St Cloud State doing the same thing since Motzko took over? Their shoulder patch was changed to one of the outline of the state if Minnesota. It used to be the same logo as the main crest - the Montreal Canadiens wanna-be's.

That made no sense to me when they did that. They are a school specifically representing the city of St Cloud, not the state of Minnesota. It reminded me of when Sertich had UMD put a block M on their shoulders years ago. Just sad attempts from our little sister programs.

That made no sense to me when they did that. They are a school specifically representing the city of St Cloud, not the state of Minnesota. It reminded me of when Sertich had UMD put a block M on their shoulders years ago. Just sad attempts from our little sister programs.

And I think a majority of their fans would tell you that as well. Many of them want nothing to do with being associated with the University of Mediocrity in all sports but hockey.

Well, then the UM-TC should just have a patch representing the 694/494 loop on their shoulders since they are "just" the UM - Twin Cities.

Well, then the UM-TC should just have a patch representing the 694/494 loop on their shoulders since they are "just" the UM - Twin Cities.

Wrong. Its the University of Minnesota, nice try though. It represents the entire state. The University of Alabama doesn't just represent Tuscaloosa. UW doesn't just represent Madison.

No he's not. I realize technically it's called the twin cities campus. Nevermind you guys simply don't understand and I wont argue with stupid.

St. Cloud STATE is the St. Cloud arm of the STATE university system. I suppose you UMTC elitists would prefer it be called St. Cloud City University, though.

You may not argue with stupid; I choose not to let comments from citiots go unchallenged.

Snake said the "arm of the STATE university system."

St. Cloud State is part of the MnSCU System, not to be confused with the U of Minnesota System.

So, Snake is right. SCSU is a Minnesota state university. They had the choice to go by "Minnesota State University - St. Cloud" but didn't.

Having to explain to a Minnesotan their own system of colleges and universities reminds me of ten years ago on USCHO when I had to explain to a Boston College graduate that they were a Catholic university (and the other person kept saying, "No, BC is a Jesuit university" and I'd keep saying, "But who are the Jesuits?").

Edited by The Sicatoka
I see the post I'm responding to has since been deleted. :)

Snake said the "arm of the STATE university system."

St. Cloud State is part of the MnSCU System, not to be confused with the U of Minnesota System.

So, Snake is right. SCSU is a Minnesota state university. They had the choice to go by "Minnesota State University - St. Cloud" but didn't.

Having to explain to a Minnesotan their own system of colleges and universities reminds me of ten years ago on USCHO when I had to explain to a Boston College graduate that they were a Catholic university (and the other person kept saying, "No, BC is a Jesuit university" and I'd keep saying, "But who are the Jesuits?").

I'm well aware of everything you just typed so Im not sure why you think you're educating me. Snake said the U only represents the Twin Cities which is incorrect plain and simple.

Yes, technically the U of M represents the whole state of Minnesota. But being from Bemidji, I can say that the town associates with Bemidji State, not with the U. If asked, no one from there would ever say it was represented by the U of M, they would say BSU. Most major towns in Minnesota have a college or university, and I would guess that most of them have the same attitude towards its local institution as Bemidji does.

However, I would agree with that the U represents the whole state of Minnesota, sans the communities with a local university or college (non-technical or community).

I don't think anyone on this board would say that North Dakota is represented by just UND, its pretty obvious that it would be represented by NDSU as well. I know its not totally relevant to the other topic because UND and NDSU are schools of similar size and academic caliber and the U of M is far and away the state's largest and best institution of higher learning, but it is a good example nonetheless.

I'm well aware of everything you just typed so Im not sure why you think you're educating me. Snake said the U only represents the Twin Cities which is incorrect plain and simple.

Ah, but your since-deleted post inferred that SCSU does not represent "Minnesota". As a member of MnSCU, the minute SCSU steps outside of the Minnesota borders, yes, they represent Minnesota.

I have less problem with a Minnesota outline on SCSU's jersey than I do with a partial outline of Michigan on MTU's jersey. Michigan Tech is MICHIGAN Tech, not just Upper Michigan Tech.

Ah, but your since-deleted post inferred that SCSU does not represent "Minnesota". As a member of MnSCU, the minute SCSU steps outside of the Minnesota borders, yes, they represent Minnesota.

Exactly. To say that a school shouldn't put an outline of their state on their jerseys because some elitists think they aren't a representative of said state is pompous and ridiculous.

Well just think how sad it is that you guys copied the 'M' on the front of your ugly jerseys from the real U of M in Ann Arbor.

Well just think how sad it is that you guys copied the 'M' on the front of your ugly jerseys from the real U of M in Ann Arbor.

We've had the M since the 1970's, a couple decades before Michigan had them. Actually I think Michigan added the M to their jerseys maybe in the late 80's. But certainly long after the U.