SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Michigan Tech - Best 2 of 3 - Ticket to the X

AZSIOUX

If UND wins the Final Five I think both teams get a #1 seed. Im no pairwise expert but it sounds like from the people who really understand it that as long as the Gophers just make it to St Paul they have a lock on a #1 seed.

I think you're right as long as they sweep this weekend.

If UND wins the Final Five I think both teams get a #1 seed. Im no pairwise expert but it sounds like from the people who really understand it that as long as the Gophers just make it to St Paul they have a lock on a #1 seed.

I think even if they were to lose this weekend to BSU they still would be a number one seed.

I'm probably in the minority in this in that I do not want them to be in grand rapids with minnesota. I will take our chances elsewhere. If we do happen to make that run and win a 4th broadmoor we end up in manchester as the fourth number one seed in all liklihood, anything else and it is either toledo or grand rapids as a two seed.

I'm with you, I would rather play some other teams in the regionals especially when you consider we could very likely meet them the week before regionals at the final 5 and then to turn around a team again is pretty tough.

Me?

I'd like to see Caggiula get out of the slump.

And then something like ...

Knight centering Kristo and (O'Donnell / Caggiula)

Rowney centering Grimaldi and Parks

MarkMac centering MitchMac and (Caggiula / O'Donnell)

Pattyn centering Rodwell and (Gaarder, St. Clair, or "Jim" in that order)

If Caggiula came alive, put him with Rowney and Parks and put Rocco with the Macs (that group would fly).

Slump for Drake?? You could throw Parks, OD and Gaarder in that bucket too. Time to step it up.

Something is up with Chyzyk...IMO he showed as much if not more offensive ability than the 4 I mentioned above prior to Christmas.

Me?

I'd like to see Caggiula get out of the slump.

And then something like ...

Knight centering Kristo and (O'Donnell / Caggiula)

Rowney centering Grimaldi and Parks

MarkMac centering MitchMac and (Caggiula / O'Donnell)

Pattyn centering Rodwell and (Gaarder, St. Clair, or "Jim" in that order)

If Caggiula came alive, put him with Rowney and Parks and put Rocco with the Macs (that group would fly).

If Hak decides to not put Rocco on the top line and wants to keep the MacMillans together I would like to see this:

Caggiula-Knight Kristo

Grimaldi-Rowney-Parks

Mitch-Mark-Gaarder

Rodwell-Pattyn-St.Clair

i'm fine with this scenario, but attendance wise, taking UND to Toledo does not make sense. Minnesota doesn't travel well. UND would have better attendance in Grand Rapids than MN. It isn't going to be last years attendance, but look what we drew to GB 2 years ago.

i'm fine with this scenario, but attendance wise, taking UND to Toledo does not make sense. Minnesota doesn't travel well. UND would have better attendance in Grand Rapids than MN. It isn't going to be last years attendance, but look what we drew to GB 2 years ago.

I don't buy the attendance issue. the committee pays very little reagard to this. besides my bet is minny and western michigan end up in grand rapids. miami in toledo, obviously new hampshire in manchester and qu in providence, so attendance issues will be negated a little bit. if the ncaa really cared about attendance they would go back to having regionals on on campus sites.

ok u guys i'm confused somebody help me so if we beat tech we would be minnesotas bracket assuming they advance so if we win we would play thursday night correct?

Minnesota would also have a bye and we would play someone Thursday night and if we win that we would play Minnesota Friday night as long as Minnesota and St.Cloud both win their first round series.

If BSU or AA pull an upset, then we get the bye if we get past MTU.

This UND team is an enigma- I am not sure if they have a real team identity. Sometimes they come out gangbusters and other times they look lost.

It is now the playoffs, which means everything starts over from scratch. This team is made to play uptempo hockey. They need to play that game and force their opponents to try and match up. We can't get sucked into a defensive mindset.

The game is simple, you just have to do your individual job better than your opponent in 90 second increments. You do that, and you win.

This team is made to play uptempo hockey. They need to play that game and force their opponents to try and match up. We can't get sucked into a defensive mindset.

Your 1st sentence is the reason they are an enigma. Square peg in a round hole situation IMO. This is not a grind it out cycle team. They can do it stretches but they play their best when they get out and go. This is why it makes little sense not to have Rocco opposite Danny. There aren't 2 wings on the same line in the country with the speed and skill those two have.

Your 1st sentence is the reason they are an enigma. Square peg in a round hole situation IMO. This is not a grind it out cycle team. They can do it stretches but they play their best when they get out and go. This is why it makes little sense not to have Rocco opposite Danny. There aren't 2 wings on the same line in the country with the speed and skill those two have.

Your last sentence is spot on. So dynamic on either side

Whats it going to take for Rocco to bury some of his chances? Love the kid to death. Best player on the ice in a lot of games, and makes whatever line he's on UND's best scoring unit. If he had that finishers touch he'd lead the team in goals this year.

PS: Guess thats why he didn't make the all rookie team of a noted journalist in the WCHA.

Slump for Drake?? You could throw Parks, OD and Gaarder in that bucket too. Time to step it up.

Something is up with Chyzyk...IMO he showed as much if not more offensive ability than the 4 I mentioned above prior to Christmas.

I think we played our overall best as a "team" before Christmas. I am leery about Mitch Mac being a step up from Chyzck and Jim. Although I was a little more impressed with Mitch during the last home series but I do know the one time I thought we were really playing some awesome hockey was at the end of the first half.

• Upvote 1

I think we played our overall best as a "team" before Christmas. I am leery about Mitch Mac being a step up from Chyzck and Jim. Although I was a little more impressed with Mitch during the last home series but I do know the one time I thought we were really playing some awesome hockey was at the end of the first half.

I don't know if I could say we played our best before x-mas. I think the best we looked all year was in omaha, and yet I can't say that was our best hockey. the inconsistency of this team is frustrating to say the least. but all it takes it getting hot the last weekend in march and second weekend in april. this team definately has the capability to do that, but will they remains to be seen. I'dlike to say they come out on friday and blow the doors off of tech, but that isn't the makeup of this team. they do everything the hard way. like I said before I think it will take us three games to get this done, hopefuly I am wrong. I am not trying to be neagative here, just being realistic.

I don't know about that he missed a WIDE open net in the sat night game against bemidji :D

The replay looked like the defensemen got a little wood on it, so that one wasn't really Grimaldi's fault. Though goodness knows there'd be no debate for ROY if even half of his oh-so-close opportunities went in!

I don't know if I could say we played our best before x-mas. I think the best we looked all year was in omaha, and yet I can't say that was our best hockey. the inconsistency of this team is frustrating to say the least. but all it takes it getting hot the last weekend in march and second weekend in april. this team definately has the capability to do that, but will they remains to be seen. I'dlike to say they come out on friday and blow the doors off of tech, but that isn't the makeup of this team. they do everything the hard way. like I said before I think it will take us three games to get this done, hopefuly I am wrong. I am not trying to be neagative here, just being realistic.

I have to say we need to play like we did the second game against Omaha. They came out with a fire in their belly and took it to them. They need to find that fire against Tech and give Tech no reason to play. I am thinking that the top line needs to consist of Rocco on it. That seems to be the best we played all year with him on it.