SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Michigan Tech - Best 2 of 3 - Ticket to the X

AZSIOUX

Whats it going to take for Rocco to bury some of his chances? Love the kid to death. Best player on the ice in a lot of games, and makes whatever line he's on UND's best scoring unit. If he had that finishers touch he'd lead the team in goals this year.

PS: Guess thats why he didn't make the all rookie team of a noted journalist in the WCHA.

It would be great if he had a heavy Kozek or Frattin shot but I don't think he has the size/strength for that.........yet.

schlossman didn't sound exactly overly positive when talking about this team stating their is a 50/50 chance this weekend goes three, a 25% chance of winning the final five and he can see them getting bounced in the first round or winning it all. wonder if he will get crucified at the herald or on their message boards for not stating positive things about this team all the time. or if jayson will ban him from the live chat this weekend.

schlossman didn't sound exactly overly positive when talking about this team stating their is a 50/50 chance this weekend goes three, a 25% chance of winning the final five and he can see them getting bounced in the first round or winning it all. wonder if he will get crucified at the herald or on their message boards for not stating positive things about this team all the time. or if jayson will ban him from the live chat this weekend.

For the most part I think Brad is a realist. He is very knowledgeable about the game (and this team), and I think is one of the hardest working college hockey beat writers in the nation. I'm glad we have him, and I'm glad he's very interactive with the fanbase. I don't know if saying those things is being overly critical. In my mind being overly critical would be like saying "They choked" or something along those lines.

Heck, I agree with him. Those are accurate predictions. I'm not putting a ton of eggs into UND winning the final five this year. A four pete? No way....Can it be possible? And as inconsistent as this hockey team has been? They could either lose their next three games, or not lose again....who knows?

For the most part I think Brad is a realist. He is very knowledgeable about the game (and this team), and I think is one of the hardest working college hockey beat writers in the nation. I'm glad we have him, and I'm glad he's very interactive with the fanbase. I don't know if saying those things is being overly critical. In my mind being overly critical would be like saying "They choked" or something along those lines.

Heck, I agree with him. Those are accurate predictions. I'm not putting a ton of eggs into UND winning the final five this year. A four pete? No way....Can it be possible? And as inconsistent as this hockey team has been? They could either lose their next three games, or not lose again....who knows?

I don't disagree. at times I have been very negative on here and at other times have been a realist and been accused of being negative. the point i was trying to make was that one of the people who has spent more time around that team than we ever will and sees more than we will is saying some of the same things some of us on this board have said and have been taken to the woodshed for saying.

• Upvote 2

It would be great if he had a heavy Kozek or Frattin shot but I don't think he has the size/strength for that.........yet.

His shot is very good. He is just barely missing. Weight of shot has little to do with it. When you hit a pipe, you beat the goalie, you are just barely off. You practice off the post and in. Bar down. I'd take Rocco's release over kozek's torque.

• Upvote 1

I don't disagree. at times I have been very negative on here and at other times have been a realist and been accused of being negative. the point i was trying to make was that one of the people who has spent more time around that team than we ever will and sees more than we will is saying some of the same things some of us on this board have said and have been taken to the woodshed for saying.

Some good points. I hope I've never taken anyone to the woodshed for accurate analysis like this, and I apologize if I have. I guess I didn't see it as being overly negative. Didn't question the effort. Didn't throw anybody under the bus. Just gave an honest interpretation of UND's chances. I guess I haven't run into any Sioux fans yet who have 100% faith in a final five run.

Hell, halfway through the second period of last years second game at the F5, I was figuring where they'd go out east. I'm the biggest sioux fan in the history of the world (according to me), and I didn't have them winning that last year. Just hoped they'd get by SCSU.

• Upvote 1

i try to stay patient with this team because we ll know hak is gonna have his team ready for the tourney we know what tech likes to do slow the game down kristo and knight need to see this and they have seen this style in the past gotta attack it go up the sides get good cycles play ur game from here on out and the rest will take care of the rest cmon Sioux we wanna see u in the final five

Yeah that's what I figured. We'll see. My son and I are always ready for hockey. My wife and daughter, not so much. Unless its SIOUX hockey, which is most important, of course ; )

Thank you though. I would love to make the brunch at Hoggsbreath, but I'm sure swimming at the motel with the kids will win out.

Thank you though. I would love to make the brunch at Hoggsbreath, but I'm sure swimming at the motel with the kids will win out.

Where are you staying? You could always ditch, er, leave the kids and wife at the hotel while you enjoy a good meal at the Hogger...

Anybody else who was frustrated with Brad Shepherd and Todd Anderson's officiating (or lack thereof) against Bemidji can rest assured that we won't being seeing those two again this weekend. We instead will get to see Derek and Marco, who I believe to be an upgrade over those other two.

Anybody else who was frustrated with Brad Shepherd and Todd Anderson's officiating (or lack thereof) against Bemidji can rest assured that we won't being seeing those two again this weekend. We instead will get to see Derek and Marco, who I believe to be an upgrade over those other two.

Everyone harps on Derek Shepherd, but the Anderson/B Shepherd group has been way worse for years...especially Todd "Botox" Anderson.

We have seats next to student section and Anderson climbed the glass and walked up the steps to explain a penalty call to a hot group of young ladies last that weekend! ;)

For the record, I believe I've blocked three people from the chats in four years: two were obvious trolls, and one was trying to post racially-based comments.

If Schlossman wants me to block him, he can try his luck by taking cheap shots at the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

• Upvote 2

For the record, I believe I've blocked three people from the chats in four years: two were obvious trolls, and one was trying to post racially-based comments.

If Schlossman wants me to block him, he can try his luck by taking cheap shots at the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Is that all it takes. :)

or "too bad zane isn't getting offensive support"

The last 10 games UND has scored 33 goals that is good for 3.3 goals per game and have a 6-2-2 record. In six of those games they have scored four or more goals and have a 5-1 record, unless my math is right.