SiouxSports.com Forum

FINAL Final 5 seat locations and Q's about next year

01grad

Excited to make this yet another weekend full of lasting memories! We have 4 seats section 117 row 10.

My two questions I have to throw out there to see if anybody knows the answers are...

Will they have a commemorative DVD for the 2000's available to finish out the weries since they didn't include that with this years renewal? I kind of thought that maybe they would have included the final installments, not sure when/how they would get them to us now.

I noticed they had the Big Ten tourney flier explaining renewal priority, will the NCHC try to help us fans out in some way for the Target Center location next year for those of us who have been attending for quite awhile now? Maybe Schlossman or somebody else with connections knows somebody higher up to see when the NCHC committee will get the ball rolling.

Happy I won't be attending the Xcel Center anymore for tournaments. Anybody notice how the only location alcohol will be available is on the Club Level and in the Suites if you want to pay that much higher price for a package? Looks like no more alcohol in the lower level and people will probably resort to sneaking it in now. I guess they really want to go the extra step to further ruin what has been a good thing.

It is for next year at the Big Joke tournament, not this year. Hopefully they will serve alcohol at Target Center and we will pack the place to give it a much higher attendance and fan friendly atmosphere. The Xcel will be empty next year when the gophers aren't playing and everybody will just watch the games on the Big Ten Network. Glad I won't be there!

Just watched the video and they didn't cover 99-2000. They have to find a way to get that last decade of WCHA hockey to us for the complete set!!! 1997 was covered well, especially a video clip of the old Englestad arena when things were really rockin'!

Excited to make this yet another weekend full of lasting memories! We have 4 seats section 117 row 10.

My two questions I have to throw out there to see if anybody knows the answers are...

Will they have a commemorative DVD for the 2000's available to finish out the weries since they didn't include that with this years renewal? I kind of thought that maybe they would have included the final installments, not sure when/how they would get them to us now.

I noticed they had the Big Ten tourney flier explaining renewal priority, will the NCHC try to help us fans out in some way for the Target Center location next year for those of us who have been attending for quite awhile now? Maybe Schlossman or somebody else with connections knows somebody higher up to see when the NCHC committee will get the ball rolling.

Happy I won't be attending the Xcel Center anymore for tournaments. Anybody notice how the only location alcohol will be available is on the Club Level and in the Suites if you want to pay that much higher price for a package? Looks like no more alcohol in the lower level and people will probably resort to sneaking it in now. I guess they really want to go the extra step to further ruin what has been a good thing.

As for priority which would be nice for you there is one problem. The WCHA has no reason to handover mailing list, can't think of anything better to call it, to the NCHC. As for alcohol sales I thought the Minnesota legislature said you can't do that with the TCF stadium and you would think it would also apply to the X.

I would think the dvd for the 2000s will be made available.....

To those who buy packages for next year's wcha tournament

Oh great. So the people that have actually attended the event for years have to buy tickets to a tourney where teams won't be playing? Kind of sucks for UND, St. Cloud, Omaha, UMD, Denver, and CC fans. Minnesota and Wisconsin fans won't be there either. So that leaves MSU, MTU, Bemidji, and AA fans to buy tickets for next year. How many times total have these 4 teams played in the tourney? Won't much footage to include in a highlight dvd.

As for priority which would be nice for you there is one problem. The WCHA has no reason to handover mailing list, can't think of anything better to call it, to the NCHC. As for alcohol sales I thought the Minnesota legislature said you can't do that with the TCF stadium and you would think it would also apply to the X.

The alcohol issue was just for TCF Bank Stadium, and was because the stadium was built on campus at the U of M. It has nothing to do with the X. Alcohol has always been available at the X, unless the renter doesn't want alcohol sold.

The alcohol issue was just for TCF Bank Stadium, and was because the stadium was built on campus at the U of M. It has nothing to do with the X. Alcohol has always been available at the X, unless the renter doesn't want alcohol sold.

Does the B1G allow beer sales at their basketball tourney? That would be the precedent to look at. If so, I'm guessing the hockey tourney will follow suit.

Alcohol was allowed at TCF this year and there's a bill looking to be passed for next season to allow alcohol sales at Mariucci and Williams arena. The Big Ten, as well as most (Maybe all?) other major NCAA conferences, don't allow alcohol sales in their conference tournaments. It will be available in the club level and suites at the X next year. Doesn't affect me because I tailgate for 5+ hours before the first game Thurs-Fri and about 9 hours before Saturdays game. Spending $8+ on a 16oz cup of crappy beer at the X isn't worth it to me when I can drink good beer for a fraction of the price while tailgating. I can live without a beer for 2 and half hours during the game.

The issue was as to who could purchase alcohol and who could not. I thought they decided that if one group is served all are served. That is my question then as to how one group can be served and one can not at the X. It really was not just about serving alcohol at the TCF.

The issue was as to who could purchase alcohol and who could not. I thought they decided that if one group is served all are served. That is my question then as to how one group can be served and one can not at the X. It really was not just about serving alcohol at the TCF.

The discussion was about serving alcohol in suites and club lounges only versus selling to everyone. But it was only in TCF, it did not apply to any other arena. There was never any discussion about limiting alcohol sales in the X. Originally the state legislature decided to ban alcohol completely at TCF Bank Stadium because some people complained. As someone else mentioned, they changed the law to allow alcohol in TCF in some areas. The law never was meant to apply to other venues, only TCF.

The discussion was about serving alcohol in suites and club lounges only versus selling to everyone. But it was only in TCF, it did not apply to any other arena. There was never any discussion about limiting alcohol sales in the X. Originally the state legislature decided to ban alcohol completely at TCF Bank Stadium because some people complained. As someone else mentioned, they changed the law to allow alcohol in TCF in some areas. The law never was meant to apply to other venues, only TCF.

Thank you.