SiouxSports.com Forum

FINAL Final 5 seat locations and Q's about next year

01grad

Who cares about the Pig Ten tourney. Lets focus on our future tourney. The NCHC should be a new adventure and I myself am hoping the NCHC has 4 teams in the last Final 5 this year.

The Area around the Target Center is actually better than the area around the Xcel for eating and drinking establshments.

I'll miss walking out of the X and smelling the pizza at Cossetta's. Grabbing a cheeseburger at Tom Reid's pub, walking down to Alarys to see if the A team is working, while paying a four bucks for a beer right as I walk into the bar.

And I'll miss hearing LETS GO SIOUX sound louder than lets go gophers.

Mickey's Diner was a treat for a between game meal, in more ways than one. Our first visit there we were in line right behind Georgia Engel, who was in a play at the Ordway at that time. For those too young to know, she played Ted Baxter's girlfriend Georgina on the Mary Tyler Moore show. And yes, that tinky voice is her real voice. The blonde waitress in the diner was right out of Mel's Diner. She bantered with the customers, throwing insults. Her comment to me, dressed in my Sioux clothes, was "We have Gopher fans in here, you know." I replied "Well, they can leave if they can't handle it." After that she left me alone, but it was something to watch and listen. I will also miss St. Patrick's Day around the X when it hit during the Final Five. Something about all that green and the revelry, especially in 2012.

Edit: Georgia Engel also played Robert's mother-in-law on Everybody Loves Raymond

I am looking forward to going out in Minneapolis before/after the game instead of trying to pack into one of the 6 or 7 good bars around the X with 12,000 other people.

I recently went to the Target Center for the first time in about 5 years and I couldn't believe how !@#!$ that place is. It's almost as bad as the Dome in there...

Mickey's Diner was a treat for a between game meal, in more ways than one. Our first visit there we were in line right behind Georgia Engel, who was in a play at the Orpheum at that time. For those too young to know, she played Ted Baxter's girlfriend Georgina on the Mary Tyler Moore show. And yes, that tinky voice is her real voice. The blonde waitress in the diner was right out of Mel's Diner. She bantered with the customers, throwing insults. Her comment to me, dressed in my Sioux clothes, was "We have Gopher fans in here, you know." I replied "Well, they can leave if they can't handle it." After that she left me alone, but it was something to watch and listen. I will also miss St. Patrick's Day around the X when it hit during the Final Five. Something about all that green and the revelry, especially in 2012.

Edit: Georgia Engel also played Robert's mother-in-law on Everybody Loves Raymond

Orpheum or the Ordway. Orpheum is in Minneapolis and the Ordway is in St. Paul.

Hotels will certainly be easier in dt Minneapolis than dt St Paul too. One thing I liked about dt St Paul though is several of the bars there actually had a hockey focus, whereas the dt Minneapolis bars are just like bars everwhere else.

The difference is that EVERYONE in St Paul knows when the Final Five is in town. In Minneapolis, half of the people you run into won't have any idea what all the hockey jerseys are doing around town, ESPECIALLY when the Gophers aren't playing there.

Are there still tickets available? Seems that ticketmaster has not had any for a couple weeks.

Yes, there are still tickets available. I bought my session tickets off ticketmaster 2 days ago, but I had to pull favors at Xcel to get them. Ticketmaster didn't show any doubles available, so I called Xcel. They told me lots available, then proceeded to say, come on down to the box office and buy them. One problem with that theory, I live in MANDAN ND maam. So they called ticketmaster and had a few sets released so I could buy them online. Thank You Xcel, that is awesome. I guess their theory is they want tickets available for single game sales. My advice if you are looking for single game tickets, buy them quick on the 11th when they go on sale.

The Area around the Target Center is actually better than the area around the Xcel for eating and drinking establshments.

This may be true in terms of more options for eating and bars. However, reading through the comments in this thread many of you will be disappointed in the target center and lack of hockey atmosphere downtown.

Minneapolis is not a hockey town which is why St Paul has the Xcel center. And the bars have a hockey atmosphere in St Paul. Minneapolis is known more for night clubs than anything. And for sports it is basketball, baseball, and football.

Which brings me to the Target Center. This place is a dump. Sight lines are terrible for basketball where the Timberwolves home is. I can't imagine what hockey will be like but not good.

This is a huge let down to us hockey fans.

Which brings me to the Target Center. This place is a dump. Sight lines are terrible for basketball where the Timberwolves home is. I can't imagine what hockey will be like but not good.

This is a huge let down to us hockey fans.

I've been to two Final Fives at the Target Center. Gluek's and other bars there are packed with Friday pm suits who left the office early for the day. The average joe on the street won't have any idea what kind of sport your hockey jersey represents let alone what teams are playing.

And INSIDE the Target Center? Let's just say you will miss the X.

This may be true in terms of more options for eating and bars. However, reading through the comments in this thread many of you will be disappointed in the target center and lack of hockey atmosphere downtown.

Yeah, that's one of the trade offs, I have been told they're working very hard to make this a positive experience.

Yes, there are still tickets available. I bought my session tickets off ticketmaster 2 days ago, but I had to pull favors at Xcel to get them. Ticketmaster didn't show any doubles available, so I called Xcel. They told me lots available, then proceeded to say, come on down to the box office and buy them. One problem with that theory, I live in MANDAN ND maam. So they called ticketmaster and had a few sets released so I could buy them online. Thank You Xcel, that is awesome. I guess their theory is they want tickets available for single game sales. My advice if you are looking for single game tickets, buy them quick on the 11th when they go on sale.

Who did you talk to? I called the box office and the lady told me they were sold out of the ticket packages, but they still have plenty of single game tickets. Too late maybe?It would just be nice to be sure I have tickets for all the games so when we play the goofs I'm guaranteed to get in.