SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 State Hockey Tourney

J.B.

You really sound like a RR parent. A lot of defending going on

Yeah, right. Went to Central years ago.

Yeah, lets attack the kids that prompted those hats to be removed. The kids self moderated themselves within a minute. Yet all of them will be labeled as perpetrators.

How is a photo a story without an understanding of what happened before and after? How is an act of stupidity a crime? It wasn't like these kids went and forged tens of thousands of signatures on a petition.

Cell phones change what one writes. Are you really that slow?

Marxism. Yeah, Sarah Palin a marxist.

So why do neither UND nor the Herald actually present her current ideology as it is other than painting it as "civil rights". That PC at its worst. And if I mention her continued dedication to marxism by even militant means, I get attacked by you.

Double standard there. As if there are not far-left leaning professors at UND that have great reverence for her.

First off, I have rarely attacked anyone on this forum in my nearly 10 years of active posting. Maybe, DaveK and Fetch, a little bit, but I'd like to think they had it coming. I certainly have not attacked you. I thought we were having a spirited online discussion about "sensationalism" in journalism. In one post, you allude to sensationalizing by the media, and the Herald in particular, then you mention a "rally" of UND faculty for that Marxist Angela Davis. All I did was call you out on your inaccurate, maybe sensational, description of a public event that took place at the Chester Fritz Auditorium. You accuse someone one of something in one post, then turn around and do the exact same thing that you accused the other of in your next post.

Secondly, in all the coverage that I have seen in the Herald about Davis' visit (and it wasn't much, and rightly so), she was described as a "communist" and a "radical" and "Black activist." All of the stories I saw were very brief and did not give much background about anything. I think the local media gave it about as much attention as it deserved, a little but not much. As far as UND, all of the promo materials I saw also referenced her communistic and Black Panther affiliated past as well as her FBI most wanted status. There was not much PC revisionist history going on that I could see by either the university or the media.

Thirdly, yes, I would surmise there are a lot of liberal leaning UND faculty members who've got great reverence for Davis, just as there are a lot who are more right-learning that don't care for her at all, and many more that are probably right in the middle that are pretty indifferent to the whole ordeal. The university has hundreds of professors, and I would imagine like society, there politics run from one extreme to the middle to the other.

• Upvote 1

You can't be serious with this statement I hope?

He was.

And he should be. There is a big difference between the Black Panthers and the KKK. Not that the Black Panthers actions were totally justifiable, and hatred of any race is wrong, but the Panthers were advocating for their own equal treatment under the law. They just didn't feel that Martin Luther King's ideas of non violent action were relevant in an unjust and violent society. Violence was their reaction to violence against their people. The history lesson of the Black Panther Party is a realization that oppressed minorities don't always just turn the other cheek.

The Klan is all about terrorizing minorities to take away any possibility of them receiving equal treatment under the law. The history lesson of the Klan is that a majority unchecked can inflict pain and suffering on minorities and will continue to do so when there is an uncaring and misinformed majority allowing it to happen.

• Upvote 2

He was.

And he should be. There is a big difference between the Black Panthers and the KKK. Not that the Black Panthers actions were totally justifiable, and hatred of any race is wrong, but the Panthers were advocating for their own equal treatment under the law. They just didn't feel that Martin Luther King's ideas of non violent action were relevant in an unjust and violent society. Violence was their reaction to violence against their people. The history lesson of the Black Panther Party is a realization that oppressed minorities don't always just turn the other cheek.

The Klan is all about terrorizing minorities to take away any possibility of them receiving equal treatment under the law. The history lesson of the Klan is that a majority unchecked can inflict pain and suffering on minorities and will continue to do so when there is an uncaring and misinformed majority allowing it to happen.

Amen.

• Upvote 1

UND really needs to take a strong look at Jon Lizotte. Talk about a bowling ball physical presence. Give this kid two years of junior hockey....

I've always been a proponent of getting ND kids on the squad. Jon Lizotte definitely fits the mold of a gritty Sioux player.

UND really needs to take a strong look at Jon Lizotte. Talk about a bowling ball physical presence. Give this kid two years of junior hockey....

I've always been a proponent of getting ND kids on the squad. Jon Lizotte definitely fits the mold of a gritty Sioux player.

The 1997 team had a fair number of ND kids on it. The 2000 team did as well. And we all know how those teams finished!!! :)

North Dakota State Boys High School Hockey Championship Game: Grand Forks Red River 7, Grafton-Park River 1. GFRR brings the title back to Grand Forks (where it belongs) and brings home title #16. The Spoilers, meanwhile finish Runner-Up at State for the 12th time, further cementing their position as Runner-Up High in North Dakota! Bwaaahahahahaha!!!! :devil:

The 1997 team had a fair number of ND kids on it. The 2000 team did as well. And we all know how those teams finished!!! :)

We have a lot of committed recruits coming in as well from the RR valley. Poolman, Ladue, Johnson, Thompson. Great to see ND talent playing at the D1 level.

Also great to see RR win it again.

• Upvote 1

Best team won the tournament. Hopefully this KKK thing is forgotten.

That's the thing this game will only be remembered by the KKK incident and not by the title won by RR. It's sad since the hockey team and the students wanted this to be remembered as a great tourney now because of three douchbags its tainted.

• Upvote 1

And Amber Schaack of Jamestown was senior athlete of the year on the girls side. I'm sure no one gives a hoot but she is my daughter and I'm damn proud of her.

Huge deal...congratulations.

Hopefully you want get posters ripping on you for "living vicariously" and "reliving your HS days" thru your daughter!

You should be very proud!

• Upvote 1

Huge deal...congratulations.

Hopefully you want get posters ripping on you for "living vicariously" and "reliving your HS days" thru your daughter!

You should be very proud!

Thanks Oxbow6. I'm not to worried about any classless posters. Let em rip away. I've been her only coach since she first laced em up when she was 5. Saw her grow into one heck of a hockey player over the years through hard work and dedication to the game. It was very emotional yesterday after our third place game loss to Grand Forks. I have never balled that much in my life. But now that I hung up the whistle after 25 plus years of coaching I can sit back and watch her play college puck for the Cobbers for the next 4 years. It was one hell of a fun ride.

Cell phones change what one writes. Are you really that slow?

Marxism. Yeah, Sarah Palin a marxist.

So why do neither UND nor the Herald actually present her current ideology as it is other than painting it as "civil rights". That PC at its worst. And if I mention her continued dedication to marxism by even militant means, I get attacked by you.

Double standard there. As if there are not far-left leaning professors at UND that have great reverence for her.

You said she was a "militant maxism" and from Sarah Palin and Sharron Angle speaches they are militants also. Do you even know who Sharron Angle even is? Or Aiken and Murdouch? Angle, Murdouck, and Aiken were Republican senatorial candidates that were defeated because of their radical militant ideas. Aiken and Murdouch were defeated in strong red states.

Another congratulations there Rube. People here seem to give a big hoot and are very happy for you, your family, and your daughter.

You are right. It's over in the womens page is where they belittle North Dakota girls hockey. Thanks. She earned it through tons of off season work shooting pucks,stickhandling,rollerbalding,camps,and summer AAA hockey.

You are right. It's over in the womens page is where they belittle North Dakota girls hockey. Thanks. She earned it through tons of off season work shooting pucks,stickhandling,rollerbalding,camps,and summer AAA hockey.

If the girls are having fun that is all that matters. People seem to forget just how hard girls work at their sports. Even cheerleaders and dance team girls put in just as many or more hours than the boys do, without receiving the respect they deserve. I could just imagine the time of day your daughter got the ice to practice on growing up compared to the boys. This may sound a bit radical but what the heck. Why not have one boys semi game in the afternoon followed by a girls semi game and the same for the evening. Then have the championship games follow each other on Saturday. I think the girls and their fans/parents would love this. Also it would be fair.

If the girls are having fun that is all that matters. People seem to forget just how hard girls work at their sports. Even cheerleaders and dance team girls put in just as many or more hours than the boys do, without receiving the respect they deserve. I could just imagine the time of day your daughter got the ice to practice on growing up compared to the boys. This may sound a bit radical but what the heck. Why not have one boys semi game in the afternoon followed by a girls semi game and the same for the evening. Then have the championship games follow each other on Saturday. I think the girls and their fans/parents would love this. Also it would be fair.

I agree about the games. We talked at our coaches meeting yesterday morning of having a total seperate venue for the girls side. The semi final games were held at Purpur last year because the Sioux were playing in town. The atmosphere there was great. Obviously the girls don't bring the crowds that the boys side does so Purpur would be a great setting for the girls in my opinion.

By the way my daughter played with the boys until 8th grade so ice time was not a problem.