SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 State Hockey Tourney

J.B.

Were you at the Angela Davis rally with UND faculty?

What you like are organizations that are against the Constitution. You should have been a KKK member yourself.

It wasn't a rally with faculty. It was a public Q&A style "Great Conversation" at the Chester Fritz Auditorium, sponsored by the UND Black Student Association and the UND Multicultural Center in celebration of Black History Month. About 800 people of all walks of life were there to see the event. Not just faculty. Talk about sensationalizing. You'd fit in well at the Herald.

Okay, back to hockey.

Boys 5th place:

Minot 5-Fargo North 3

Boys 3rd place:

Bismarck Century 2-Davies 1

Not a bad showing for the west. Bismarck high was 18 seconds away from knocking off GPR, and if they do a western team is in the final. Still a ways to go though. As an alum of Minot it may just take a miracle to win a first round game.....I'm not sure what the answer is.

http://www.redriverradio.org/post/klansville-usa-chronicles-rise-and-fall-kkk

On J. Edgar Hoover's rationale for targeting the civil rights movement

"For years, [the FBI] target Martin Luther King, but they also target a range of what they refer to as 'black national hate groups,' which is basically anybody in the civil rights universe. And the rationale for this was that either Jews/communists were behind the movement — because, again, the movement wasn't capable itself of doing the things that it seemed to be doing — or the softer version of that was that African-Americans were so pliable in some ways that even if they weren't being controlled today, they were vulnerable to being manipulated ... tomorrow. So in one version or another you always have the sense that Jews and communists are controlling everything associated with the civil rights movement."

SKEETER BOB AND HIS COUNTRY PALS: (Singing) Move them (beep) north, move them (beep) north. If they don't like our Southern ways, move them (beep) north. Our South has been invaded by trashy-looking (beep). They'll change our ways and take our schools away from me and you. It's time for us to make a stand to keep our Southern ways. We've got to give a helping hand, it's unity that pays.

(Singing) Move them (beep) north, move them (beep) north. If they don't like our Southern ways, move them (beep) north. They're trying to start trouble by mixing up the races. They'd be a whole lot better off staying in their places. I like our Southland like it is, I'm sure that you do, too. Old Martin Luther thinks it's his. I know he's wrong, don't you?

MafiaMan a group you would join? Or would you join a group that fought against this?

It wasn't a rally with faculty. It was a public Q&A style "Great Conversation" at the Chester Fritz Auditorium, sponsored by the UND Black Student Association and the UND Multicultural Center in celebration of Black History Month. About 800 people of all walks of life were there to see the event. Not just faculty. Talk about sensationalizing. You'd fit in well at the Herald.

Teeder

Either you are incable of understanding sarcasm or the comment was so close to truth you could not bear it. Really defensive there about the Herald too.

Angela Davis' life goal is world wIde implementation of Marxism and studIed at avowedly marxIst schools. But of course the HerAld just call her a civil rights activist and glosses over her acknowledged life goals, by violence if necessary.

To invite her to speak for black culture is like inviting Marx to speak on Jewish issues.

Teeder

Either you are incable of understanding sarcasm or the comment was so close to truth you could not bear it. Really defensive there about the Herald too.

Angela Davis' life goal is world wIde implementation of Marxism and studIed at avowedly marxIst schools. But of course the HerAld just call her a civil rights activist and glosses over her acknowledged life goals, by violence if necessary.

To invite her to speak for black culture is like inviting Marx to speak on Jewish issues.

Defensive? I merely agreed with your general assessment of the veracity or, lack there of, of Herald reporting, and suggested your inaccurate (hardly sarcastic) description of a public event would make you an awesome fit for that bastion journalistic integrity. (:

Defensive? I merely agreed with your general assessment of the veracity or, lack there of, of Herald reporting, and suggested your inaccurate (hardly sarcastic) description of a public event would make you an awesome fit for that bastion journalistic integrity. (:

Your response in not acknowledging Miss Davis' militant maxism is quite telling. Certainly you don't qualify as a jounalist or a poster with integrity.

Your response in not acknowledging Miss Davis' militant maxism is quite telling. Certainly you don't qualify as a jounalist or a poster with integrity.

I'm not a journalist. As for being a poster with integrity, I will leave that up to the opinion of the beholder. If the shoe fits, I'll wear it.

As for Angela Davis, not a huge fan at all of her tactics and/or politics; but from a historical perspective and her place in it, I think it's valuable to listen to viewpoints that differ from my own. I'm not a big fan of echo chambers and only listening to those that are of like mind. Lastly, I would defend her right under the first amendment to gather and profess whatever she wants, and I would defend anyone who wishes to assemble and listen to her speak or to debate her politics. Whether she would do the same for me and my politics, is another matter, but I don't care; I'm not like her, and she's not like me. That's the beauty of America.

What is militant "maxism"? What about Sarah Palin, Sharron Mangle, Aikns, Murdouch.... What do you call their speech and actions?

Cell phones change what one writes. Are you really that slow?

Marxism. Yeah, Sarah Palin a marxist.

As for Angela Davis, not a huge fan at all of her tactics and/or politics; but from a historical perspective and her place in it, I think it's valuable to listen to viewpoints that differ from my own. I'm not a big fan of echo chambers and only listening to those that are of like mind. Lastly, I would defend her right under the first amendment to gather and profess whatever she wants, and I would defend anyone who wishes to assemble and listen to her speak or to debate her politics. Whether she would do the same for me and my politics, is another matter, but I don't care; I'm not like her, and she's not like me. That's the beauty of America.

So why do neither UND nor the Herald actually present her current ideology as it is other than painting it as "civil rights". That PC at its worst. And if I mention her continued dedication to marxism by even militant means, I get attacked by you.

Double standard there. As if there are not far-left leaning professors at UND that have great reverence for her.