SiouxSports.com Forum

Indoor Practice Facility Coming Soon!

Sioux10Fan

It was announced by AD Fiason at the football team banquet this weekend that groundbreaking of the IPF will occur approximately May 1st. They have privately raised 15.6 million thus far and are in need of an additional 1.2 million. This should be a tremendous boon to the recruiting efforts of the football, and track & field teams.

Here is a link to the proposed structure.

http://www.iconarchi...e-facility.html

• Upvote 3

I thought I heard that if fundraising goes right that Phase 1 and Phase2 will not have a gap and it will get done basically in one phase. Correct me if I am wrong.

If I remember correctly, Phase I was $12 million and the total was $19 million. Anyway, if there's only $1.2 million left to raise, they should be able to get Phase II done shortly if not at the same time.

Still there right now. Sounds like it may be coming down this spring. Going to be a bittersweet moment!!

Yeah, I still miss the place. I went to so many games there as a kid. I saw the Hrkac Circus in 1987. I watched the Blais Dynasty being built in the 1990s. It didn't have the bells and whistles of the current REA, but it was a pure hockey arena and you could feel the tradition and presence of the program every time you set foot in there. And I also remember all the ND State Hockey Tournaments that took place there, lots of memories at those as well.

I might have to take the digital camera and get some pictures before the wrecking ball comes. :sad:

Yeah, I still miss the place. I went to so many games there as a kid. I saw the Hrkac Circus in 1987. I watched the Blais Dynasty being built in the 1990s. It didn't have the bells and whistles of the current REA, but it was a pure hockey arena and you could feel the tradition and presence of the program every time you set foot in there. And I also remember all the ND State Hockey Tournaments that took place there, lots of memories at those as well.

I might have to take the digital camera and get some pictures before the wrecking ball comes. :sad:

Hands down the best venue for the state tourney. Completely packed for any game with a gf team and great atmosphere.

I loved the old ralph. Might not have all the bells and whistles, but the games seemed so much more fun.

1997 State Championship game..Red River vs. Central. What a great game!! Atmosphere was unbelievable!! Outcome ended up pretty good too eh fightingsioux4life?!! :)