SiouxSports.com Forum

Who is going to Denver?

southpaw

I will be there. I stood in line at Magness arena way back in September to buy 8 tickets for both nights. Pretty stoked that I am getting to see the Sioux play in person on back to back series. Let's roll up George and the Gwozettes both nights boys. See ya'll Friday night. Sioux Ya Ya

Wife and I will be flying out of Minot Friday afternoon.......can't wait......section 3 for Friday night and section 8 for Saturday...hoping to have plenty of other Sioux fans in our sections.......staying downtown at the Magnolia Hotel.....where do most of the Sioux fans hang out??? What are some of the must hit eateries in that area?

Wife and I will be flying out of Minot Friday afternoon.......can't wait......section 3 for Friday night and section 8 for Saturday...hoping to have plenty of other Sioux fans in our sections.......staying downtown at the Magnolia Hotel.....where do most of the Sioux fans hang out??? What are some of the must hit eateries in that area?

A few people with Denver ties have mentioned "Brothers" to me over the years, I think it's a ribs place. They thought it was pretty good.

Good Luck parking up there! I am beginning to think I should start a side business from my work. A shuttle from there..its only 7 minutes away...if there isn't a train.

Good Luck parking up there! I am beginning to think I should start a side business from my work. A shuttle from there..its only 7 minutes away...if there isn't a train.

The train goes right by the DU campus and you can walk from the station to the arena.

Just a quick note on the bars around the arena if anyone needs advice. There are a few but they are on the smaller side and parking is limited. I usually party in downtown Denver and take the light rail to the arena if I don't have a ride so I can partake in an adult beverage or two. There is also a Dave and Busters one exit to the east on Colorado Blvd. It is a bar with a restaurant and a bunch of video games. There is always a few Sioux fans there and it is about 3 minutes from the arena. There is also the Alumni gathering if that is more your speed.

We have always had a good times at:

1. Spanky's ( 1800 East Evans - about 5 blocks from the rink and a bit small)

2. Stadium In - http://stadiuminnden...enver.com/ ( a few blocks from Spanky's )

3. Illegal Petes ( illegalpetes.com ) - down the street from Spankys and across the street from Stadium - and super good post game burriotos

4. After game beer absoption food - http://www.jerusalem...staurant.com/

My .02

I eat at Spanky's or Jerusalem but its a quick bite and spend the rest of before and after game at the Stadium Inn Bar. It's the place to be. Tons of Sioux fans every year.

... I hope this year we have 50% SIOUX FANS in Magness, It's always a ton and epic for sure but with all the press the UNO series had I would love to top it in Denver.

..any chance Brad shows up at the Stadium Inn and regails us with duck racing stories?

Won't come close to Omaha as that is a novelty outdoor trip for many that was planned in advance....but sioux fans always show up big time in Denver regardless. I have been to magness 3/4 times for regular reason games and its always all green!! Go sioux!!

Flying out from Boston first thing Wed AM!!! Pepsi Ctr tomorrow to Watch Osh and the Blues play the Aves, then Sioux v Denver Fri-Sat...

Might have to sneak a phesant hunt in Thrs AM!!!

Lets Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I think we are staying at LaQuinta both nights...

If anyone is still looking for tickets for Friday, 2 sets of 2 opened up on Stubhub for $30 each. They are upper deck but it's cheaper than I've seen in a while.

Don't recall there being an upper deck at Magnus. Lower deck must be the 6 or 8 rows below concourse level. And the rest upper level?? For the record, I don't think there's a bad seat in there. Especially for North Dakota fans.

Don't recall there being an upper deck at Magnus. Lower deck must be the 6 or 8 rows below concourse level. And the rest upper level?? For the record, I don't think there's a bad seat in there. Especially for North Dakota fans.

There isn't a bad seat at Magness. Your are correct on that. There is a upper level technically but it's not as noticeable as a Ralph ect...