SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs NAU - Go support the team at the Betty

FSSD

The editorial that Tom Miller ran made things all the worse. Bet Faison thought he could cool things down locally, but had no idea how that this would become a national story.

Faison (calling): Yeah, Tom!! Like to talk to about the why's on the Ralson suspension story. (thinking, he know's he needs access to me for future stories) Do you have a minute?

Miller: Sure. Love to hear it.

Faison: Well, Tom this is why we had to take action. ..... blah, blah ..... blah, blah ......

Miller: Makes perfect sense to me. Maybe I'll write a commentary on why this was the right action. The general public just doesn't understand why.

Faison: (Thinking, it worked perfectly!!) That would be awesome, Tom. Always so good to talk with you! Call me anytime you have any questions. (thinking: that was brilliant of me!)

Not to say that this type talk isn't normal between AD's and beatwriters. Beat writers can be cut off from their sources if they sometimes don't town the AD line.

Higher ups at und still think it was ok well we are gettin torn apart by national media

Espn

New york times

yahoo

abc

Cbs

Kfan

fox sports

Faison is king! All hail faison

Which of those have "torn us apart" and which of those posted an AP story? Huge difference and a classic overreaction by you.

Tom Miller's piece was pure UND brown-nosing. I thought the media's job was to be objective and to hold the establishment accountable?

Pretty sure that was printed as a "Column" by Tom, which is not the same as sports news - it's considered to be an article written to share thoughts and opinions.

I can't say I predicted this story would be picked up by this many national outlets and get this much attention, but I knew from the moment I read about the suspension that the suspension would get more publicity than the underlying events did. It was obvious from the beginning that the suspension was a PR blunder.

I can't say I predicted this story would be picked up by this many national outlets and get this much attention, but I knew from the moment I read about the suspension that the suspension would get more publicity than the underlying events did. It was obvious from the beginning that the suspension was a PR blunder.

I guess it does have that "man bites dog" appeal to it. ???