SiouxSports.com Forum

Goofs vs Badgers

Fetch

I find it funny that Mariucci is posting here when his team isn't playing UND this weekend. So who is the biggest rival?

It's a thread about the Gophers.......started by a UND fan on a UND board. Sooooooo why shouldn't he? And I don't think many Gopher fans would argue that UND is the biggest rival.

yup, and the Gopher announcer described the following as being built for the playoffs: defensive 5x5 play and a great powerplay...and we wonder why hockey is the least popular of the major sports.

Race horse up and down hockey is beautiful to watch- defensive hockey is like watching paint dry.

I think that Doug McLeod is hard to listen to, he's absolutely brutal, an awful announcer.

I think that Doug McLeod is hard to listen to, he's absolutely brutal, an awful announcer.

He does seem blissfully ignorant much of the time.....and he sounds like he is confident of abilities in being ignorant.

What I mean by that is that most announcers who are out of their element seem timid and a bit gunshy...he just bowls forward in ineptitude

In other sports it would be. But not hockey though. Were they getting $250-$300 a ticket at the Kohl for all those empty seats? Evidently not since the seats were empty.

It wasn't the last time they were meeting for the next 3 -4 years. If we were number one rival, why haven't they ever moved this game to the target center like they have the badger game.

It wasn't the last time they were meeting for the next 3 -4 years. If we were number one rival, why haven't they ever moved this game to the target center like they have the badger game.

I can't remember why but Mariucci had something else going on that weekend which was why they had to move that game to Target Center. Target Center stinks for hockey so it was not moved there because of rivalry purposes.....they basically had to settle for it.

If that wasn't a snoozer hockey game for Wisconsin then I don't know what is....

Watch the Maine-BU game and watch the Minnesota-UW game, and tell me what game was a thousand times better. The only time it got interesting was when the gophers were on the power play, and at the end when Wisconsin was forced to forecheck.

After 2 periods last night the shots on goal were 31-19 but according to FSN scoring chances were 4-2.

No.....that was up and down hockey. Or it was Minnesota having to dump the puck or take perimeter opportunities, while Wisconsin stacked four guys on the blue line, chipped it out, dumped it in Minnesota's end and had one guy forecheck the zone, while Minnesota broke it out, and dumped the puck again.

Now you guys see why a few years ago I truly hoped the badgers would leave the WCHA for their football rivals in the CCHA. That game was as exciting as any game with the badgers can be. Unfortunately we now will get the Big Ten and whatever your new league will be. I expect Sunday to be brutal, with one team winning 1-0. Maybe 2-0.

Now you guys see why a few years ago I truly hoped the badgers would leave the WCHA for their football rivals in the CCHA. That game was as exciting as any game with the badgers can be. Unfortunately we now will get the Big Ten and whatever your new league will be. I expect Sunday to be brutal, with one team winning 1-0. Maybe 2-0.

Looking at the pictures, it appears that the ice is a lot better in Chicago.