SiouxSports.com Forum

Goofs vs Badgers

Fetch

its not Wisconsin I was talking about. UND tied w. 30 pts. Now we have our future in our control.

true...it makes the DU series all that more important...you gotta figure DU is to good of a team to let both UND and MN beat up on them..If we get more points next weekend I think DU will out point MN ...of course my glasses are tinted pretty green

Come on guys.....leave the name calling at the door. Extremely unprofessional. And embarrassing as well. If that keeps up this will quickly become another USCHO or a GPL.

I agree with Mariucci. Gophers the better team, crappy ice costed Minnesota. But at the same time they knew what they were getting themselves into when they agreed to play this game. Wisconsin would probably like to play all their games on crappy ice.

Yeah I apologize for my reply, that was wrong.

The ice played to uw's advantage but the Gophers did a poor job of adjusting. UW kept it simple and got pucks to the net.

I apologize for you being called the name that you were. That shouldn't sit well with any of the fans on the board.

• Upvote 1

correct me if I am wrong but didn't both teams have to play on crappy ice? that is a by-product of agreeing to playing in these novelty games. you don't get the best conditions. this is way too late in the season to be having these novelty games(goes for our game last week as well) points are too important this late in the season. if they want to do these things have them be non conference games over x-mas break.

• Upvote 3

correct me if I am wrong but didn't both teams have to play on crappy ice? that is a by-product of agreeing to playing in these novelty games. you don't get the best conditions. this is way too late in the season to be having these novelty games(goes for our game last week as well) points are too important this late in the season. if they want to do these things have them be non conference games over x-mas break.

I think it's funny that over on GPL their fans think that the game would have been different if the game was played in the Kohl Center. Talk about arrogant. How about give your opponent some credit Gopher fans.

If Wisconsin had their way they would play in 2" of water to slow their boring trap game to an even slower pace. Bad ice is a great equalizer for teams with any kind of speed.

Teams play on bad ice all of the time. It's part of the game. The ice was a lot better than the Omaha games.

• Upvote 1

Not much, they changed sides halfway through the third to make it "fair", I've never seen that before.

Remember the ice before UND played was puddled, based on what they were showing on TV. Then the gusher of green anti-freeze probably wasn't good for the ice in that end either. Dallas has bad ice all of the time and the Ralph had poor ice during the first few years of it's existence...