SiouxSports.com Forum

Goofs vs Badgers

Fetch

Remember the ice before UND played was puddled, based on what they were showing on TV. Then the gusher of green anti-freeze probably wasn't good for the ice in that end either. Dallas has bad ice all of the time and the Ralph had poor ice during the first few years of it's existence...

Yeah if they wouldn't have waited until the sun went down that Omaha ice would have been almost unplayable, good thing they had some sense there.

After these last 2 weekends it's pretty clear if they are hellbent on having these outdoor games they need to do 2 things:

1) Have them in January

2) Make them exhibition or OOC games.

I played most of my high school hockey outside. The first time I ever played indoors was at the REAL "old barn" at UND. Best ice I had ever skated on! A lot of the teams we played also played their games outside. The third period was almost always broken in half and teams switched ends. The games we played at Detroit Lakes had the first period split because of the sun in the goalie's eyes. We swore that when their goalie was facing the sun in the 2nd half of the first period, the school custodian fired up the school's heating system and a lot more smoke came out of the chimney and blocked most of the sun for them. :)

• Upvote 2