SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ UNO - indoor/outdoor

AZSIOUX

They can't let Faulkner be the difference in this series. 4 points next weekend is extremely doable.

The Mavs will want to try to get up/down the ice and score some goals. This IMO will benefit UND. The more wide open the better. Less clogging up of the neutral zone.

I need some help..

My buddy and I are on the fence regarding making the trek from Denver to Omaha to attend the games. One thing I cannot get my head around is whether or not we would actually enjoy the out door game. My concern is view angle and distance from play. Does anyone have opinions on the outdoor thing?

It wont be the Ralph. But you"re going for the whole weekend experience. Of all the hockey trips I've made, I've never gotten home and thought "gee I sure wish I hadn't gone.(except maybe Denver '08,damn you Nathan Gerbe!)"

good call but at least Denver has a few things to do. St.Louis was rough at about 5pm on Friday, a cold rainy April day, after A somber trip up to the top of the Arch. Our golf clubs didn't leave the hotel room until it was time to go to the airport.

It wont be the Ralph. But you"re going for the whole weekend experience. Of all the hockey trips I've made, I've never gotten home and thought "gee I sure wish I hadn't gone.(except maybe Denver '08,damn you Nathan Gerbe!)"

Yeah the game absolutely sucked, but the pre-game party and rest of the trip and partying in Dumver was solid.

Agree...Thank God we had the foresight to rent a suite....the booze was needed.

I need some help..

My buddy and I are on the fence regarding making the trek from Denver to Omaha to attend the games. One thing I cannot get my head around is whether or not we would actually enjoy the out door game. My concern is view angle and distance from play. Does anyone have opinions on the outdoor thing?

Hockey ice sort of fits a football stadium, even though lots of seats are a long ways off. It simply does not fit in a baseball stadium. You need to want to be there to go to this game.

I know "both games are on TV" but I'm wondering if anyone has additonal tips or information. Here in Fargo (CableOne) it doesn't look like Saturday's game is on the schedule via Fox College Sports -- like most Midco games are. :sad:

Has anyone had luck watching the video "streaming" on Midco's Website? It shows Saturday's game is on their streaming video lineup but there isn't a link (perhaps it's early).

I can pay the $8.00 to watch via the UNO Mavs link as a last resort. Just curious if anyone had heard of other options.

I know "both games are on TV" but I'm wondering if anyone has additonal tips or information. Here in Fargo (CableOne) it doesn't look like Saturday's game is on the schedule via Fox College Sports -- like most Midco games are. :sad:

Has anyone had luck watching the video "streaming" on Midco's Website? It shows Saturday's game is on their streaming video lineup but there isn't a link (perhaps it's early).

I can pay the $8.00 to watch via the UNO Mavs link as a last resort. Just curious if anyone had heard of other options.

You would think if Midco is picking it up that it would stream through UND's site. Which is not the greatest but it really has improved since the beginning of the season.

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but what is the purpose of this outdoor game? these teams have zero history between each other. it is one thing to have a showcase like what will happen in chicago in a few weeks in front of 59,000 or at the Big House bewteen mich and mich state in front of 100,000 or even at lambeau a few years ago. but I just don't get this other than blais is on the other bench.

I wonder how close they will be letting fans get to the practice? If possible somebody needs grab video of that scrimmage and post it for those of us that cannot go watch.

Via Schlossman: Fans in the area will be able to stop by and have a look. The Herald also will be there with full coverage of the practice.

I might go for a bit

EDIT: Scrimmage location has been changed to Riverside Park

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but what is the purpose of this outdoor game? these teams have zero history between each other. it is one thing to have a showcase like what will happen in chicago in a few weeks in front of 59,000 or at the Big House bewteen mich and mich state in front of 100,000 or even at lambeau a few years ago. but I just don't get this other than blais is on the other bench.

Omaha was the original opponent for the game UND played in Winnipeg a year or two ago. When Omaha had to drop out due to an unforseen scheduling conflict, Clarkson was brought in and UND and Omaha decided to team up on another event

Via Schlossman: Fans in the area will be able to stop by and have a look. The Herald also will be there with full coverage of the practice.

I might go for a bit

EDIT: Scrimmage location has been changed to Riverside Park

That will deffinitely make it better for fan who want to go out and watch!! Sit on the dike around the rink and watch!!