SiouxSports.com Forum

Which is the Gopher and which is the UND Player?

watchmaker49

You're just clueless. You're a male Sarah Palin.

I also believe that Political debates are a violation of the forum rules. The fact remains, it's funny that Gopher fans defend Rau chirping Blood in line and then call him a hack for pulling said poor sport out of line. The fact remains, both were wrong. I don't recall anyone defending Blood.

Edited by Goon

You're just clueless. You're a male Sarah Palin.

I like how you didn't even address the fact that you called him out on being biased when he said both things should not have happened. Instead you resort to juvenile name calling as a defense mechanism as a result of having nothing to respond with. That is what's "classless".

• Upvote 2

I like how you didn't even address the fact that you called him out on being biased when he said both things should not have happened. Instead you resort to juvenile name calling as a defense mechanism as a result of having nothing to respond with. That is what's "classless".

By saying both players deserve equal blame he is defending Blood. Wasn't Blood suspended a game by the league? Rau got no punishment nor should he have. We have no idea if Rau said anything, but even if he did thats not against the rules. What Blood did is.

By saying both players deserve equal blame he is defending Blood. Wasn't Blood suspended a game by the league? Rau got no punishment nor should he have. We have no idea if Rau said anything, but even if he did thats not against the rules. What Blood did is.

Your comment is assuming that blame and suspensions are directly correlated which is incorrect. Someone can share in blame, yet not be suspended. Someone can not break these "rules" you speak of, yet still be blamed because of a moral code and things that are not in the holy grail rulebook you refer to.

I hope this comment does not make me a 'male Sarah Palin'.

Your comment is assuming that blame and suspensions are directly correlated which is incorrect. Someone can share in blame, yet not be suspended. Someone can not break these "rules" you speak of, yet still be blamed because of a moral code and things that are not in the holy grail rulebook you refer to.

I hope this comment does not make me a 'male Sarah Palin'.

I just checked and Blood wasn't suspended by the league. I must be thinking of Hakstol punishing him instead.

You guys are unbelievable. UND's "toughest" player attacks Minnesota's smallest player in the hand shake line and you people defend it. You whine about Gophers pulling pussy moves like yapping their mouth and then hiding behind a ref or Lucia but then when one of your guys pulls the "ultimate" pussy move by attacking a player who has no idea it's coming, you'll defend it to your death. It was a classless move by Blood and if Demarchi, Bickel, or Helgeson ever tried that on Parise, Duncan, or Grimaldi you would all be calling it classless as well.

The difference is that Parise, Duncan, or Grimaldi would never run their mouths in the handshake line - not because they fear retribution, but because they know how to comport themselves. The only thing worse than a poor loser is a poor winner.
  • Upvote 2

I just checked and Blood wasn't suspended by the league. I must be thinking of Hakstol punishing him instead.

If I remember correctly, Hakstol made a simple comment on the difference between the two actions and the disrespect that was shown in the handshake line - one was visible and the other wasn't. He wasn't defending Blood or trying to justify it, just being realistic about the situation.

One thing I like about our coach is his emphasis on responsibility, especially when a mistake has been made. From what I hear, not sure that is needed in minny with how perfectly behaved their team is. Hope the teams meet up again before the year is over, it's always fun.

• Upvote 1

Nope. My premise that Blood is a hack is spot on. He lost a game so he decided to pick on the smallest Gopher he could find.

No, perhaps you forgot. Your point above was that Blood received a game suspension because he broke the rules and Rau did not because he did not break the rules. Then you went on to infer that because Blood received the suspension and Rau did not, Blood is the only player to blame in the situation.

As I said your premise for the argument is not "spot on". Dont' get me wrong, the premise was incorrect to begin with (because suspension does not equal blame) but the fact that your premise is not even true weakens your stance and your argument considerably.

• Upvote 1

Nope. My premise that Blood is a hack is spot on. He lost a game so he decided to pick on the smallest Gopher he could find.

keep telling yourself that. i was watching hockey day in minnesota and there was a short peice on rau and how he prides himself on running his mouth. woog even said that rau lets the bigger guys step in when it gets physical after the chirpping.

• Upvote 3

The difference is that Parise, Duncan, or Grimaldi would never run their mouths in the handshake line - not because they fear retribution, but because they know how to comport themselves. The only thing worse than a poor loser is a poor winner.

Rau's taunting the ND bench in the recent series (Friday night game) when the Gophers had the game won shows his true character. There was absolutely nothing to be gained from that, and the Gopher captain obviously agreed, since he grabbed the little yapper and pushed him into the bench.

Reminded me of the US team taunting Canada in a recent WJC matchup, when the US had opened the first period with 3 straight goals. I think we all remember how that ended for the US. There is something rotten in Minnesota hockey, Fortunately Minnesotans that play for teams other than the gophers learn to conduct themselves like good people, the Gophers, not so much.

Marriucci, yet another entire day of setting Sioux fans straight. Either you don't have a job, or your wasting much of your employer's time.

I remember Hak saying that what Blood did was not acceptable in a handshake line. He also said noted that it shouldn't be acceptable to run your mouth in the handshake line either. Both show poor sportsmanship. He certainly inferred that Rau was smarting off because he figured the handshake was sacred and was taking advantage of that.

You guys are unbelievable. UND's "toughest" player attacks Minnesota's smallest player in the hand shake line and you people defend it. You whine about Gophers pulling pussy moves like yapping their mouth and then hiding behind a ref or Lucia but then when one of your guys pulls the "ultimate" pussy move by attacking a player who has no idea it's coming, you'll defend it to your death. It was a classless move by Blood and if Demarchi, Bickel, or Helgeson ever tried that on Parise, Duncan, or Grimaldi you would all be calling it classless as well.

Parise/grimaldi get over your self, now Jason Blake/Brett Hextall maybe, check with Blake how thing went in the NHL you learn fast not to yap cause someone will shut it for you. Rau is a great player but needs to learn to respect other players or you see what happens.

By saying both players deserve equal blame he is defending Blood.

First off, we do know that Rau said something, some very close to the situation told me so, that person wouldn't lie. Second, how is saying that two parties are culpable is defending anyone? That's like third grade logic... :crazy:

• Upvote 1

They were both wrong, but Blood was more wrong.

In the future we will be talking about stuff like this with SCSU or UMD fans. As for UM-TC ? Penn State, maybe...... (Assuming the schools that kick their A$$ on a regular basis in the major sports, like Wisco or Michigan have for the last 40 years, will soon dominate them in hockey and won't care enough to want to fight any of them)

• Upvote 2