SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Change

SIOUXELEVENS

I'm assuming you mean Epping = North Dakota Hoosiers...but they weren't quite Hickory High.

I'm not from there...but my high school also lost to Hillsboro in the state B boys basketball championship game.

EDIT: Actually, my high school lost to Larimore in the 1978 title game and lost to Hillsboro in I believe the 1st round of the 1982 tournament.

Larimore Polar Bears baby! I believe the 1979 team was even better but didn't win it.

ND Class B basketball will never be the same. Too few small schools left,too many alphabet soup schools,too many private schools. Tournament is a list of the usual suspects every year. Plus quality of ball has taken a dramatic downturn. I blame 3 point line,girls and boys season running concurrently,internet,cell phones,cable TV,indoor plumbing......blah,blah,blah.

:lol:

BTW...that '86 Hillsboro team had Elliott Rotvold and...not much else.

True story: 1986 Region 8 final...Belfield against Glen Ullin: The Rattlers had defeated New England by 40 the night before...New England was 4-0 against Belfield that season. Belfield shoots 75% from the field...and wins by 2. Local TV didn't bother sending anyone to come video tape the game since they assumed it would be a blow-out...and they scramble to find someone who did tape the game for some highlights. Someone from GU had recorded it...Belfield High School contacts Glen Ullin first thing Monday morning and requests a copy...no dice. Undefeated-on-the-season-and-ranked-#1 Glen Ullin promptly erased the tape after the game.

True story: 1986 Region 8 final...Belfield against Glen Ullin: The Rattlers had defeated New England by 40 the night before...New England was 4-0 against Belfield that season. Belfield shoots 75% from the field...and wins by 2. Local TV didn't bother sending anyone to come video tape the game since they assumed it would be a blow-out...and they scramble to find someone who did tape the game for some highlights. Someone from GU had recorded it...Belfield High School contacts Glen Ullin first thing Monday morning and requests a copy...no dice. Undefeated-on-the-season-and-ranked-#1 Glen Ullin promptly erased the tape after the game.

A few of us from CHS would hook up with the Glen Ullin kids in the late spring and summer of that year and play some random tournaments. How they got beat is beyond me. Doug Gerving was a stud!

I will say that in comparison to their competition, the 76 LaMoure team was the best team I saw play.....I will also say that in 1984 Linton was the best team in A or B. Class A that year went Century, St. Mary's, Bismarck High with Century beating St. Mary's by 2 for the title after St. Mary's had beat Bismarck by a deuce in the semi-finals...Linton went into St. Mary's Gym for their Holiday tournament, didn't get 1 call in their favor and still handled St. Mary's without much problem.

A few of us from CHS would hook up with the Glen Ullin kids in the late spring and summer of that year and play some random tournaments. How they got beat is beyond me. Doug Gerving was a stud!

Like I said, make 3 out of every 4 shots and win by 2. if BHS shoots 50% from the floor, the Rattlers win by 20.

As long as we're off the tracks, might as well put er in the ditch! So we're at the game Sat. night, end of regulation going to OT, and people get up and leave! And they don't come back! Question: WHY DID THEY COME?!?!?

I agree. Why leave before the game is over. Also, I would like to see fans stay for stick salutes when they happen and the 3 stars of the game. Just my opinion.

Heck I don't even have any reasons. He brought it up and I just asked why.

A good coach can win with minimal talent. Since he's coached at central the only time they win is when they are talent rich like 2010 with Ladue and Johnson and company. In years past central would compete whether they had a lot of talent or not.

A good coach can win with minimal talent. Since he's coached at central the only time they win is when they are talent rich like 2010 with Ladue and Johnson and company. In years past central would compete whether they had a lot of talent or not.

Ok, I can't resist I need to say something here. Geaux_sioux, you give me the year they won it before Bina and I'll tell you the talent. Also you tell me the year they should've won it, along with all the talent on that given team.

In summary:

Losing season = poor coaching.

Winning season = good players, but still poor coaching.

:whistling:

Ok, I can't resist I need to say something here. Geaux_sioux, you give me the year they won it before Bina and I'll tell you the talent. Also you tell me the year they should've won it, along with all the talent on that given team.

I really think they had the talent to win 2010-2011 but couldn't score against Michigan, that was a heart breaker. However, I thought the coaching was great right up to the final buzzer when Hakstol put his best players on the ice to try and get a goal.

I really think they had the talent to win 2010-2011 but couldn't score against Michigan, that was a heart breaker. However, I thought the coaching was great right up to the final buzzer when Hakstol put his best players on the ice to try and get a goal.

There's multiple subjects going on here right now...I think their discussion is about GF Central's coaching or lack of it...I think.

I thought Central really has not had much of a team for years. OK geaux-sioux without looking it up what year was the first year that Central did not make the state tourney?