SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Approve? No, you didn't; but, you rationalized it almost as well as Lucic.

They aren't making space. They are doing cheap, dirty, dangerous things on the ice and should face consequences.

A $5000 fine isn't consequences. Suspended two or three games (or the rest of the series) without pay, that's consequences.

• Upvote 1

Approve? No, you didn't; but, you rationalized it almost as well as Lucic.

They aren't making space. They are doing cheap, dirty, dangerous things on the ice and should face consequences.

A $5000 fine isn't consequences. Suspended two or three games (or the rest of the series) without pay, that's consequences.

Dangerous is what Brent Seabrook did today...

I honestly don't think Seabrook, Lucic or Perry should sit ( I know Lucic has already been fined). The Seabrook hit looked bad (and ended up bad) however Seabrook was pot committed on that hit. Backes got rid of the puck in the split second Seabrook caught him with his head down. Again, it was bad and he deserved what he got (5 and the game). I mean, he cost his team the game. He shouldn't be suspended, Seabrook is not a dirty player.

Lucic - I like Luc, he's a nasty player that is going to do anything to have his team win.....even if that means playing a little dirty. That's all that was. Guys wear cups, however that still hurts like hell. The fine was worth it to me as he didn't receive a penalty.

That one I really don't have a problem with, it was one of those collisions that occured in a split second. It looked bad because Backes lost his footing and was in the process of falling backwards a split second before Seabrook finished his check, but there is no possible way that Seabrook's intent was for Backes to hit the back of his head on the top of the dasher as he fell backwards. What Lucic did last night you could tell he had time to think about what he was about to do, and it was very clear that he knew exactly what he was doing. What Seabrook did happened so fast that I just can't bring myself to throw him under the bus for it.

Seabrook's intent was to injure. He knew who he was about to destroy. Not only did he target his head but in the process could care less where the puck was. Suspension worthy of at least 3 games in my book.

Seabrook's intent was to injure. He knew who he was about to destroy. Not only did he target his head but in the process could care less where the puck was. Suspension worthy of at least 3 games in my book.

He has a phone hearing which means he could get a five-game suspension.

Seabrook was given a three-game suspension by the NHL.

I'm somewhat shocked. But it was a borderline hit....still think it's extreme given he was assessed a game misconduct penalty. Pretty much means lucic and perry got by easy....although looking back lucic's was worse than Perry's.

• Upvote 1

So in review, Seabrook is given a 3 game suspension without pay while Lucic pays $5000 and gets to keep playing.

So the moral of the story is you'd be better off intentionally slashing guys in the nuts every few games than delivering a sketchy hit once a year.

Makes sense.

• Upvote 1

That one I really don't have a problem with, it was one of those collisions that occured in a split second. It looked bad because Backes lost his footing and was in the process of falling backwards a split second before Seabrook finished his check, but there is no possible way that Seabrook's intent was for Backes to hit the back of his head on the top of the dasher as he fell backwards. What Lucic did last night you could tell he had time to think about what he was about to do, and it was very clear that he knew exactly what he was doing. What Seabrook did happened so fast that I just can't bring myself to throw him under the bus for it.

Backes' head was down (his own fault) but Seabrook blew him up by leading with his shoulder...typically legal except that his initial contact was to the head...turned out to cost his team the game so Seabrook may re-think his actions next time..of course he will have plenty of time to think about it over the next 3 games (provided the Hawks win a game)

Backes' head was down (his own fault) but Seabrook blew him up by leading with his shoulder...typically legal except that his initial contact was to the head...turned out to cost his team the game so Seabrook may re-think his actions next time..of course he will have plenty of time to think about it over the next 3 games (provided the Hawks win a game)

provided the Hawks win two games. If they only win one, its 4-1 Blues.

So in review, Seabrook is given a 3 game suspension without pay while Lucic pays $5000 and gets to keep playing.

So the moral of the story is you'd be better off intentionally slashing guys in the nuts every few games than delivering a sketchy hit once a year.

Makes sense.

Agree...this is a joke IMO.

Typical magic 8 ball determination of punishment by the NHL.

• Upvote 1

Backes' head was down (his own fault) but Seabrook blew him up by leading with his shoulder...typically legal except that his initial contact was to the head...

For some to assume it was a blatant head hunt by Seabrook but Lucic's continued attempt at amateur circumcision gets a ongoing pass shows the ineptness of the NHL's governing leadership.

• Upvote 2

For some to assume it was a blatant head hunt by Seabrook but Lucic's continued attempt at amateur circumcision gets a ongoing pass shows the ineptness of the NHL's governing leadership.

Both places are wearing a cup, so both should be penalized.

For a textbook shoulder to shoulder check?

I know that...I thought the 3 question marks created some sort of odd smiley. I was being sarcastic. My point was that 3 games in the playoffs is like 15 in the regular season.

Again I thought seabrooks hit was bad but he paid for part of it with the game misconduct. Rupps hit on oshie got 4 and that was so much worse.....oshie never had the puck and it was the regular season by a dirt ball player.

All in all I do like lucic's play but I do agree with your comparison.