SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

In a situation where one intelligent person is destroying the illusions of a pack of fools, only another fool could look on and come to the conclusion that the fools are "picking apart" the intelligent person. That is priceless, Ray77. Thank you so much for giving me a good laugh at your expense.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then please explain to me, brainiac, why it does not state that the signal represents anything other than tripping on the chart below?

Referee%20Signals%20from%20Hockey%20101.jpg

When were we only talking about ref signals? You noted that not once has slew footing ever been called in a game; you also noted that the term slew footing is an ambiguous term not an official penalty....in both cases I proved you wrong.

• Upvote 1

When were we only talking about ref signals? You noted that not once has slew footing ever been called in a game; you also noted that the term slew footing is an ambiguous term not an official penalty....in both cases I proved you wrong.

Dave had to change the argument after he realized he was wrong...pretty ingenious actually; I believe Capt Kirk called it the Kobiyashi Maru...:)

Looks like the rest of the world is starting to figure out what I have known for a few years already... Evander Kane is a POS:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rocky-marriage-between-evander-kane-and-winnipeg-jets-gets-rockier/

The Jets need to wash their hands of this clown. Send him to Boston or Philly, he would fit in perfectly with either one of those two classless organizations.

Send him to Pittsburgh so you can cheer for him.
  • Upvote 1

The Wild played well last night, no doubt, Pittsburgh looked quite disinterested. I'll be at Tuesday's game and I hope the Bruins put forth a good showing. Despite clinching the East, the guys really seem to be intent on not letting complacency set in.

I'm a little bit worried about the Bruins' consistency in the D zone against speedy teams heading into the postseason. I think Tuesday's game against the Wild will be a good test.

Wow, and I thought NDSU fans obnoxious and arrogant. For a team that has only won the cup once in the past 40 years, their fans sure are full of themselves.

HAHAHA...Dave, you're not easily predictable or thin-skinned at all!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have an interesting way of winning arguments.

There is not a penalty called "slew-footing".

Rule 52 - Slew-footing

52.1 Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent’s feet from under him, or pushes an opponent’s upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent’s feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice.

52.2 Match Penalty - Any player who is guilty of slew-footing shall be assessed a <a href=http://www.nhl.com/i...id=26304">match penalty.

52.3 Fines and Suspensions - There are no specified fines or suspensions for slew-footing, however, supplementary discipline can be applied by the Commissioner at his discretion (refer to Rule 28).

I haven't posted much this season because there's not much to say about the Caps, but then I found this delightful statistic:

The Caps are 0-25-6 when they score two or fewer goals this season.

Though it's still mathematically possible for them to make the playoffs as a wildcard, that stat plus their huge reliance on special teams is pretty much the prototype of a team that goes nowhere in the more defensive-oriented playoffs. I was thinking about them the other day in the context of the #firehak debate, that at least in the NHL there truly is a style of play that can win regular season games but not playoffs.

I haven't posted much this season because there's not much to say about the Caps, but then I found this delightful statistic:

The Caps are 0-25-6 when they score two or fewer goals this season.

Though it's still mathematically possible for them to make the playoffs as a wildcard, that stat plus their huge reliance on special teams is pretty much the prototype of a team that goes nowhere in the more defensive-oriented playoffs. I was thinking about them the other day in the context of the #firehak debate, that at least in the NHL there truly is a style of play that can win regular season games but not playoffs.

Well, this is the official "The Bruins are goons and here's why..." vs the "The Penguins are goons and here's why..." thread so I can see why it would be easy to overlook posting anything about the Capitals. :lol: