SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

Big weekend...Four huge points. I think we can go 8-4 down the stretch here. That should put us in the top 3 in the league, which is huge for getting to the Final Five. The bottom 3 right now (AA, MTU, BSU) are clearly inferior to the three teams ahead of them (CC, MSUM, Wisco). You don't want to play any of those 3 with a trip to the 5, and likely their season on the line.

I would ammend this by saying you want to be in the top two to avoid having to play on thursday and possibly having to play 3 games in three days. which is stupid as no other conference does this I beleive.

I would ammend this by saying you want to be in the top two to avoid having to play on thursday and possibly having to play 3 games in three days. which is stupid as no other conference does this I beleive.

I agree being in the top 2 is a big plus, you should be looking at playing 4 games instead of possibly 6 if you have a tougher first round matchup.

Big weekend...Four huge points. I think we can go 8-4 down the stretch here. That should put us in the top 3 in the league, which is huge for getting to the Final Five. The bottom 3 right now (AA, MTU, BSU) are clearly inferior to the three teams ahead of them (CC, MSUM, Wisco). You don't want to play any of those 3 with a trip to the 5, and likely their season on the line.

My guess-amation is UND gets another 15-16 WCHA points from here on out. 16 would get UND 36 points to end the regular season. In the last 5 years, 36 points got you a minimum of a 3rd place finish with the exception of last year I beleive.

I still have a hard time finding another weekend other than bemidji where we get more than 2 points:

scsu 2, wisc 2, omaha 2, denver 2, bemidji 4, msum 2. this would probably leave und in fourth and having to play someone like cc or duluth in the first round. omaha has the inside track to 2nd place with the cupcake schedule they have left.

Haha, let me try that again. Jayson mentioned during Friday's live chat that St. Clair might be dinged up.

Happy? :p

If that is the case and he made the trip and ODonnell didn't, that says a lot about ODonnell at this point in the season.

After that defensive performance this past weekend you think he would voluntarily bring it up and discuss it?

we need to be agressive and block shots just like the Goophers did all weekend. We evidently figured that out in the latter half of Saturday's game but cracking their offense in our own end before they can get to Gothberg will be crucial moving forward IMO

The Gophers are currently the best team in the country. They manhandled a Johnny G-less BC team. They handily defeated Notre Dame.

We had a 4-2 lead in the third on their ice and ended up tied.

I think that we are legitimately a contender. In fact, I like the idea of being the slight underdog. It should inspire us down the stretch.

Remember the Frattin team dominated all year and fell just short. That same season, UMD was considered a one trick pony with a lethal top line and they won the NCAAs as an underdog.

All at home....their schedule is cake.

I think these could be high scoring games both nights m. Both teams have the horses to put up multiple points. Scsu swept Denver and that hasn't happens in something like 60 plus series or could be off but it's been a while I know that. Perfect timing to get a home series for UND.

Rocco, Danny and Corban put up 11-14 points combined this weekend! linemates or not.

Hope we see panz and gothberg Friday. Has he started a Friday night game yet??

At this time of year, we can't let points slip away, especially at home. Need to play two smart, solid hockey games this weekend. Defense needs to play better, that includes the forwards. Kristo and Knight were brutal in our own zone, those last two goals that Minnesota scored on Saturday could have been prevented.

I think these could be high scoring games both nights m. Both teams have the horses to put up multiple points. Scsu swept Denver and that hasn't happens in something like 60 plus series or could be off but it's been a while I know that. Perfect timing to get a home series for UND.

Rocco, Danny and Corban put up 11-14 points combined this weekend! linemates or not.

Hope we see panz and gothberg Friday. Has he started a Friday night game yet??

I think he started the friday game at home against uaa.

We've got two tough weekends at home, but if the Sioux can take care of business, I believe Minnesota has both Wisconsin and St. Cloud on the road. Possibility to make up a little ground. Really hurt losing that game to CC, as they still would have been tied with Minnesota had they taken care of business at home like they need to from here on out.