SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MINNESOTA - Friday

AZSIOUX

The Gophers are just to hard to score against. Best group of defensmen in the country backed up by Wilcox. I expect a similar result tomorrow. Btw, Pattyn is an embarrassing hack.

I

I would say the Goofers where much bigger hacks than the Sioux tonight! #6 for the goofs needs to be made Pattyn's bitch! If the color of the jersey's were reversed UND would have spent most of the game in the box. UMTC got a way with a lot of garbage. The Sioux didn't respond well and got run out of the building. The first penalty set the tone for the rest of the game, terrible call on a clean hit and UND was lost from there on out.

Schmaltz was awful, so was Mattson. Gleason needs to hammer when he has no stick, not play patty-cake.

Gophs looked like a contender, we looked like a pretender...no flow...best players were non-factors. As stated, D was horrible.

Line-up decisions perplex me...i wouldn't have done what Hak did.

I am disappointed that we looked so lost out there...slow, unsure of ourselves.

All around a bad performance.

I was at the game and thought it was quite ugly. At the same time, the team had some really bad breaks (ie: Gleason's stick breaking on the PP). and the score should have been a little closer. Defense needs to tighten up and the offense needs to get it together... so many bad passes and miscommunication.

Lastly, I''ll admit that I was embarrassed by Pattyn's behavior at the end of the game. Even the players were urging him to go down the tunnel and he still kept going.

Did anyone catch the double middle finger by the UMN student? I will be sure to put a pic up of that one, Minnesota class all the way.

I am sure they would easily retaliate to that by putting the picture of Hak giving the finger to the ref.....lol (which was way more epic by the way!)

From bad to worst...Simpson, Mac, Gleason, Mattson, Forbort...Schmaltz.

Schmaltz needs to get it together. I don't fault Forbert as much, because he is stuck being paired with Schmaltz. Schamltz is a #1 draft pick...show me something kid.

Simpson and Mac were not bad.

We need to see Panzo tomorrow night.

Schmaltz was awful, so was Mattson. Gleason needs to hammer when he has no stick, not play patty-cake.

Gophs looked like a contender, we looked like a pretender...no flow...best players were non-factors. As stated, D was horrible.

Line-up decisions perplex me...i wouldn't have done what Hak did.

I am disappointed that we looked so lost out there...slow, unsure of ourselves.

All around a bad performance.

I disagree completely....we looked decent, we had a few bad turnovers, and a lot of bad luck.

The D-corps was totally manhandled tonight. We will have a better chance to avoid the sweep with the Goth in goal tomorrow night. Finally, Grimaldi doesnt belong in the WCHA. He is a boy among men.

Are you insinuating that Rocco lacks the talent to play in the WCHA? Sorry, but that is just off-base.

I am sure they would easily retaliate to that by putting the picture of Hak giving the finger to the ref.....lol (which was way more epic by the way!)

Right, I see that pic and the one of the Duluth fan wearing green at the frozen four flicking off the UM guy, sick of it, this is a nice counter, I will pull DVR pic tomorrow.

I'm not here to pile on. I appreciate the talent of UND and respect them deeply. This year however, the Gophers are superior in many facets. Aside from top end talent on the first line where I agree it's a push, the Gophers have better 3rd and 4th line depth, better team defense, better special teams, and better goaltending. This year. Things change and I remember getting beat plenty of times by superior Sioux teams of the past. Plus, who knows how a single elimination context goes in the NCAAs. Honestly though, UND will need to pick it up from tonight's effort to ensure they make the NCAAs.

Prior to the game I don't think many of you thought Wilcox was legit. He is, obviously. Saunders was average, and the U is throwing a lot of pucks in the back of the net in the last few weeks against average goaltending. Additionally, I think we can put to rest the refereeing bias conspiracy theories. There were several light calls in both directions early on that no one was happy with.

Overall, it was a clean game that got out of hand. I expect a better team effort from UND tomorrow but I'd honestly be surprised if the U didn't end uf with 3 or 4 points on the weekend.